• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
H
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• :p That's pretty easy to do. You see the message you want to reply to, look up and think "hey, text box!" type and submit.

Ah, gotcha. If you want to look more into Mingus, you should check out his Ah Um CD, if you haven't already. That one's pretty amazing. Heh, I'm just the opposite. Big band isn't really my thing. I like Sammy Nestico though, that's the only big band that I regularly listen to.

No kidding. Gwen sold out like no other. They were still good after their original lead singer committed suicide, but after Gwen's brother quit the band everything went downhill. Brian Griffin (from Family Guy) said it the best, "I don't know what a holla back girl is. All I know is that I want her dead."

I've heard of Bill Bailey. I've probably seen some of his stuff, but if I have, it's been a long time. I would YouTube him, but it's banned here. :/ I'll definitely (try) to remember to look him up when I get back to the States. Bill Bailey and That Handsome Devil. You may need to help me remember those.
    I actually meant that I'd only just become familiar with Boa after you asked me, haha.Charles Mingus was pretty good chill out music, Ray Brown and Art Farmer were good, but not really my thing.I tend to prefer the more upbeat side of Jazz, like big band music.Galactic were pretty awesome.I never knew that No doubt had jazzy and funky elements, guess Gwen Steffani going solo undid all good they did, haha.Yard Dogs Road show were also cool.Have you ever heard of Bill Bailey?He's a British comedian who incorporates music in to his stand up, he does a lot of Jazzy/Funky stuff, such as the Jazz news theme, youtube him!
    Regarding Boa, I've listened to Duvel, which I liked a lot, and Deeply, which I didn't really like that much. What's the rest of their music like?

Just out of curiosity, which bands did you like? Don't worry, if you don't like one, or any of them, my feelings won't be hurt.
    No worries.

All those bands you listed are good. Actually, the keyboardist in Parliment (as well as Funkadelic and Parliment Funkadelic) is the same keyboardist who is in Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains - Bernie Worrell. Are you asking for recommendations of jazz artists or bands that incorporate jazz in their music? As far as jazz goes, my three favorites, at least at the moment, are Charles Mingus, Ray Brown and Art Farmer. Bands that incorporate jazz, hm. . let's see. Galactic does (well, their first CD), No Doubt has some (pre-1995, a lot of people forget that they used to be much better than they've been showing these past 15 years; their music had some jazz sound, but it also had funk, ska, reggae, grunge and probably some other stuff as well), Yard Dogs Road Show (not necessarily a band per se, but they make music and CDs) and Lily Rose Love (more bluesy than jazzy; she's also in YDRS). That's what I've got off the top of my head. I'm probably forgetting a lot.

Out of curiosity, are you familiar with the English band Boa?
    Don't worry about it. I was just giving you a hard time.

Same here. I have like two people who I talk to about music unless classic rock or something comes up. What are some of your favorite jazz artists/groups?
    Ah, it appears you basically defined the type of girl who isn't my type. Are you sure? I think people from the United States might speak worse English. Hell, I know people whose second language is English who correct peoples' English all the time, and those people (who get corrected) can only speak English.

No problem. They're one of my favorites. Although my favorite genre overall is jazz, it seems people think all of my favorite bands are really weird; there isn't much jazz among those. I tried checking out That Handsome Devil, but none of the songs were working. I blame China.

Heh, you posted this message once on your wall and twice on mine. You must have really liked it, eh?
    No my parents are both English so I actually have an English accent as well, but I can quite capably speak in a Welsh accent.
    A female chav is characterized by either wearing a a track suite or any tacky clothing, as far as physical appearance they where too much make up and are generally ugly.They aren't remotely intelligent, they drink too much, chain smoke and enjoy starting fights.But there are obviously some nice girls in Wales.One of the best things about Britain is that the rest of the world speak better English than us, well except me haha.

Thanks for the advice on Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, they are odd but pretty awesome!
    Ha, Welsh people have a rivalry with the English even though it's not acknowledged by the English? That's creased. :p Are you one of those people? If so we may have a problem for I'm also part English. How are the girls rough?

No problem.

Thanks, I love it when bands mix genres. Speaking of recommending such bands, you should check out Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains.
    I'm familiar with some of those, and not so much with others. However, I haven't listened to any of them in quite some time. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be checking them out.

China. . . . let's see. It has a lot of good and a lot of bad. The food here is amazingly good and extremely cheap, there are always things to do no matter what day of the week it is and the girls are really cute in many ways; especially when I hold my "免费拥抱" (free hugs) sign. I also love Mandarin Chinese and I'm exposed to it every day here, which is nice. However, there aren't very many freedoms here, especially on the internet. There are multiple web sites that are blocked; some that I can't find a reason for (such as Facebook, ImageShack, etc.). Also, especially in Shanghai, it's very polluted and crowded everywhere. The drivers are terrible here (or the driving at least, I honestly can't tell which people are the good drivers and which ones are the bad drivers). Buses, bikes and motorcycles don't think traffic lights apply to them and the bigger vehicle always has the right of way no matter what. What's Wales like? I've never been there. To be honest, I have no idea how much Wales I have in me, all I know is that I got it from my mom.

I'm technically not currently in a band, but when I get back to the States, one of my friends and I are going to reunite and at least play together, but we might gather new members as well. I'm also going to do my usual and look for a big band that needs a bass player (there always seems to be at least one in need).

You should have your friend teach you some bass, even if it's only once a month or less. If you work on and master what he teaches you, no matter how long it takes, you will continue to get better. Also, since there's not much that can be done online, if you have any theory questions or general questions, you can ask me anytime.
    What are some good indie bands? That isn't a genre I've really explored much (at least I don't think I have).

Well, owning a bass guitar is a good start. It's too bad you live in Wales, or else I'd try to arrange lessons somehow :p - speaking of Wales, I'm part Welsh. Regarding slap bass, I would, but I don't really play much bass guitar anymore. I'm primarily an upright bassist; I haven't really played much slap bass since I was in high school. I'd like to get back into it, but I'm having so much fun with the upright that it's hard.
    I sure do! What other genres of music do you like?

Nice user name by the way. Hilikus was the first Incubus song I learned on my bass.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…