• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
S

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, it's not really tab, it's the sheet music with the fret and string number wrote as a fraction above the note (fret being numerator, string being denominator). Yes, I do. Ah, I see. If you don't mind me asking, why've you been out of the states?
    Ah, I see. I don't think of the actual letter because I'm just playing tab atm. Though that begs the question, is English your first language?

I don't know it off the top of my head, I'll be able to check next Tuesday, since that's when I have the lessons. Sorry.
    I do indeed play music, it's like... The essence of my being. Guitar, bass, piano, violin, and singing. Have a few crappy-quality demos on my myspace page (link in signature) if you want to hear some of my solo stuff. I've been in bands for years but am doing my own thing for the time being, since school and work seem to eat up most of my free time. :)
    Will do.

Reword that question, I'm not completely understanding what you're asking.

Pretty basic book. It's kind of a mixture of a bunch of stuff, mostly right now it's just working on getting scales and some more complex rhythms down.
    Hey.

Gah, I thought I responded to that last message, sorry.

They're going alright. He's having me learn a few songs just out of a book right now. The main problem I'm having is switching from reading clarinet music to bass music. But I always have that problem when switching instruments, even after playing the piano for so long.
    I did it again, I accidentally posted this on my wall, haha!

I actually meant that I'd only just become familiar with Boa after you asked me, haha.Charles Mingus was pretty good chill out music, Ray Brown and Art Farmer were good, but not really my thing.I tend to prefer the more upbeat side of Jazz, like big band music.Galactic were pretty awesome.I never knew that No doubt had jazzy and funky elements, guess Gwen Steffani going solo undid all good they did, haha.Yard Dogs Road show were also cool.Have you ever heard of Bill Bailey?He's a British comedian who incorporates music in to his stand up, he does a lot of Jazzy/Funky stuff, such as the Jazz news theme, youtube him!
    I am now, just been listening to them a bit on Youtube.Fairly good music, not what I would usually listen too but it's nice to discover new things.Thanks for the suggestions, they are also good.
    I try to do that, but... I'm a lazy, forgetful bastard, me.

Heh, that sounds like something I would do as well.

Given that we both post in the "What Are You Listening To" thread, I think that's already happened. ;<

Yeah I'm not really into power pop at all, but since he's my teacher I gave them a fair spin and they were nice. Tbh I'm not sure, I know he has people play with him when he goes on tour, but I don't know about in the studio.
    GAH WHY DO I ALWAYS DELAY VMS THEN COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT THEM.

I've been told I tend to criticize myself unfairly, so that's entirely in the realm of possibility, tbh. It was awhile ago so yeah, I don't remember a lot of it.

Fair enough. No, you're not insane, or at least, if you are I am too, given I've had very similar moments. From what I've heard it used to just attract so many trolls and idiots it was impossible to tell the difference if the people weren't regulars.

He's switched albums through his career, a majority of it being progressive rock (which is what I normally prefer) and power pop. His name is Jeremy Morris, though I don't think there's any place where you'll be able to find his music other than just buying it off the site of the record company, but you can try looking if you want.
    That's fine haha.Sorry it took me a while to get around to this.

I loosely like standard Jazz so I'm not that familiar with many Jazz acts, I tend to listen to music that incorporates jazz elements.Any bands you can suggest?Frank Zappa is pretty awesome as are Parliament.Muddy Waters and Ray Charles are good, but I suppose they are Blues music really.
    Sorry about that, my computer was being a little temperamental.

Most of my friends think that I have a pretty odd music taste, I have very few people to talk with unless I'm talking about slightly more mainstream music.You should definitely check out That Handsome Devil when you get back to the States.
    No my parents are both English so I actually have an English accent as well, but I can quite capably speak in a Welsh accent.
    A female chav is characterized by either wearing a a track suite or any tacky clothing, as far as physical appearance they where too much make up and are generally ugly.They aren't remotely intelligent, they drink too much, chain smoke and enjoy starting fights.But there are obviously some nice girls in Wales.One of the best things about Britain is that the rest of the world speak better English than us, well except me haha.

Thanks for the advice on Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, they are odd but pretty awesome!

For some reason I accidently posted this on my wall. haha!
    No my parents are both English so I actually have an English accent as well, but I can quite capably speak in a Welsh accent.
    A female chav is characterized by either wearing a a track suite or any tacky clothing, as far as physical appearance they where too much make up and are generally ugly.They aren't remotely intelligent, they drink too much, chain smoke and enjoy starting fights.But there are obviously some nice girls in Wales.One of the best things about Britain is that the rest of the world speak better English than us, well except me haha.

Thanks for the advice on Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, they are odd but pretty awesome!

For some reason I accidently posted this on my wall. haha!
    Wales as a country is fairly bleak.We don't tend to get loads of torrential rain, but we do get lots of rain all year round.It's sparsely populated and only has a couple of cities, the population is less than half of London's population haha.All truly "Welsh" people are rabidly patriotic and have a rivalry with the English that isn't actually acknowledged by the English.Every county seems to have its own strange set of expressions e.g Creased which means hilarious.Most of the girls in my local area are quite rough, we call them chavs.Generally most Welsh people are friendly if you're a local .I Still manage to have some fun. Wales does have its good points.Going abroad is probably one of the perks of being Welsh.This is because nobody outside of the UK is that familiar with the Welsh people, so I become automatically awesome.Welsh is also a useful language to have when I'm out of the country.

Yeah, I will try and get my friend to teach me.Thanks for the offer on the theory!

Another band I like that you might like and may not have heard of is "That Handsome Devil".They are a mix of a lot of styles, but Jazz and styles associated with it feature regularly.
    I tend to lump Indie and Britpop together so I'll name some from both styles.Arctic Monkeys are a good band, recently gone down a darker route, but still good.Franz Ferdinand are also a fairly fun band.Pulp are one of my favorite bands at the moment, Jarvis Cocker the lead singer of Pulp has also gone solo since they split and his solo stuff is very good.I've just been getting in to Brand New, not UK based but are still fairly good.
    So you live in China; what's that like then?One of my friends has offered to teach me, trouble is that I don't live that close to him.Part Welsh, how much Welsh you got in you?Do you play in a band?

Edit:The Libertines and Peter Doherty's sequel band Babyshambles are also good, he is another artist pursuing a solo career a the moment.
    Well, I like Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Funk, Jazz, Indie, Electronica and lots of other things.I own a bass guitar, it is my ambition to one day actually learn to play it, haha.So do you play much slap bass?
    That makes sense. The only part of music I've ever tried to write before were lyrics (and I'm fairly sure everyone's tried that at least once), and they ended up... Well, other people said they were good, but I didn't like them at all.

Tbh that just sounds like a troll who just couldn't find anyone to troll so they just went on making a bunch of ******** to annoy people. *shrug* Wouldn't surprise me if the person was serious though considering some of the people you can find in the alternatie anime section here, or at least you used to be able to find; I've heard it isn't the cesspool it used to be.

Haha. All kidding aside though, I really like my bass teacher; I took guitar and keyboard from him too, so it's nice that I already know him. He actually owns a record company and has released about 50 albums over the years under his own name; I think I already might have mentioned this to you, but I'm not sure. Either way he's just a really cool guy.
    No problem, real life takes priority over the internet, I understand.

I kind of want to try it, but I doubt I'll be able to stick to it, I have a problem with that lol.

I've browsed a few random anime forums before when I was trying to get into a show or something, but I don't really know anyone personally irl. Other than some random weeaboo girls that go to my school.

Indeed I have, I got it on Christmas, and I have a lesson later today in fact.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…