• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I 'only' have an IQ of 149 really. At least that's what I was told years ago. Are you still honored to meet me?

I don't really know what to write, should I say the same thing in every language, or just random phrases? (Italian and Spanish are just the bare basics, I can tell people what I want to have done, but I can't really hold a discussion.) Oh, and finally, I can't really see the use of this because anyone could just use Google Translate or the likes to translate a small text into many different languages. I'll give it a shot though once you reply.
    Hahaha. XD That's actually really good -- you should do that! Damn, I might change around my sig some so I can put more stuff on it. xD The only thing is so many people have interesting "Put this in your sig if.." sigs that there is no way I could put them all on. I agree. I mean, there is nothing wrong with loving Japanese people and their language, but saying you know it when you don't really is an insult not only to Japan, but to people like us who actually put out the effort to try to learn the language.

Hmm, it says on your profile you live in Australia, correct? Cool, I love Australia! I actually even have a few friends there.

Thanks, I appreciate that. XD I think quite a few of us do actually, some just don't choose to embrace it as well, lol.
    I watch a lot of anime subbed (and so do my friends) but we don't consider it as knowing Japanese. ^^' Kind of the point of subs in the first place is to understand something you don't understand. XD In fact we're actually trying to learn it too, because we know we don't know it. I'm actually taking a class on it, as well as have a few friends who are scanlators and subbers so that's helping quite a bit. Along with a family friend who lives in Japan and is a video game tester. (she lets us fly down to visit and help her time to time, lots of fun ^^) I will admit reading manga RAWS and watching anime subbed does help though, if you're putting out the effort to learn. (subs can help you check how much you're able to read and understand, for example) I'd include it in my signature as well but I don't have room, so just thought I'd randomly tell you all that. X^D I did want to say I dunno if it really is 85% of people though, I haven't seen people dumb enough to think they know a language just due to subtitles that often. ^^; I will admit there are dumbasses like that out there though -- I just wouldn't go as far as 85%. xD ;]
    ~Dakota
    P.S. I'm sorry, I know this is random as can be. X^D
    Hahaha, my main problem with the thread is the bad reasoning going on. I couldn't support that and you did have a point, however silly it came off as. So, no problem! XD

And I'm coming with my response, promise~ I'm trying to make sure I understand it and school is blocking my time, so I'll try to get it to you this week!
    I'm sorry, I just had to say this.
    Your username made me think of an inside joke, involving an older cartoon. And it made me laugh hysterically.
    So thank you for unintentionally making my day.
    Sorry I'm so late! ;o; I was on vacation and kept getting distracted. I have no problem with moving to PMs~ I'll add my reply to the beginning of the PM I'm sending to you now. xD
    Heheh, I like startling people myself~ No problem, I'm always happy to learn grammar and improve my writing skills!

Lucky! My dad also went to Japan for a while for the military, but he never learned anything past the basic phrases. D: You were so lucky to play the Super Famicom and the games for it.

My reason is the same as yours: anime. ^///^ I got into anime really early and started listening to the Japanese dubs when my teenager years were about to start. The subtitles didn't bother me, but I'm easily affected by my childhood loves, so anime helped also get interested in Japanese, Ancient Egypt, and Italian. (Italian is another language I won't mind learning...) Like most fans during their early years, I thought Japan was like shown in anime and I wanted to live there. So, I wanted to know the language. I have a memory of someone telling when I was young that anime's Japanese wasn't real Japanese, hahaha! I believe them at the time and probably that's why I didn't start learning just then. XD Though, I know Japan isn't the special place like in anime now, I still find the language interesting to listen to and speak and would like to learn it more. Plus, it'll help me be able to play Japanese games (especially RPGs) with little problems and enjoy the games that don't come out in America. Being able to watch anime and read manga in its original form is another plus I like and one day, maybe being a translator for other fans. When I write it out, my reasons sound silly...

My interest in English comes from reading books a lot and I've questioned English's grammar ways. Now that I want to write good stories, I also starting to learn and like grammar. And hate it in some ways. XD I might be a language buff if it wasn't so hard for me to learn a language thanks to my bad memory. >o<

Long explanations are okay! Mine tend to always run on the long side. D:
    Hahaha, had me worried for a second~ I've know of one of the tutorials that actually help me learn hiragana and katakana, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. It had it set character by character to learn and ways to remember which one is which.

Ah, thank you! I do have two questions, but they might come off as clunky since I'm just starting to learn it. For when counting objects, what decides what, I guess it's the verb, it used. Like humans seem to be "nannin" and I've seen objects like plates be "nanko", but trees and bikes have other words for them.

This question is a little easier. xD The particle "wo" comes before the verb or after? I'm not too sure.

May I ask what got you interested in learning Japanese?
    I don't mind! But, I hope it's okay that I'm still basically a beginner, but I'm always interested in learning more. I'm slooowly learning on my own.
    I know. I am a huge fan of Silver, and have been ever since I have been a fan of Pokemon. My first Pokemon game was Gold, and I simply adore the G/S/C games. I thought Silver was an absolutely amazing rival, I loved how mouthy and mean he was and how he would kick and push you. It always made me laugh just how funny he was! And I was told that the manga Silver was good, so I gave it a try, and I was completely let down. I didn't like how Cal was chasing him and cussing him out and Silver simply didn't say a word. I mean, he turned from a grinning confident ******* into a brooding self-absorbed puss. I loved him when he was an ***. That's what made him awesome and adorable.

Silver was probably the only character I think the manga really messed up on, because I didn't notice too much of a change on anyone else. Brendan surprised me a little, but I still liked him. Silver's change was ridiculous.
    I read what you said about characters you dislike in the manga, and I have to agree perfectly with you on Silver. I loved him SO much in the games, but I could not STAND his personality in the manga. I said almost the same. exact. thing you did. I was just wanting to tell you that I understand completely, lol. I hated his personality in the manga. I missed the mean, rude, and angry Silver.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…