• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
L

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh yes, quite a nice challenge, but I will tell you know that the jerk is definitely not constant ;)

The acceleration is given as a function of velocity, not time.
    Yes, it is. You asked for a challenge, I gave you one ;) At all points in time, the acceleration is equal to the velocity at that time. i.e. acceleration = k*velocity, which is kv for the turtle and akv for the athlete.

The challenge arises because the velocity of the turtle/athlete depends on the acceleration, but the acceleration depends on the velocity...

Assuming the turtle and the athlete start running at a speed of v and av respectively, it is straightforward but not simple to determine the overtaking time. You can have a go if you want or I can give you a solution if you are interested :)
    Ok, let the acceleration of both the athlete and the turtle equal a constant k * their respective velocity at that point in time.

Now solve for t ;)
    In 9th and 10th grade at my school, we couldn't take AP classes, instead we took CP classes. (College Prep classes)

I took..

CP Alegebra 1, CP World History, CP Physical Science, CP Biology, CP English 9, CP English 10, CP Geometry, CP American History, AP Europeon History, AP US History, AP Chemistry.

Bleh.
    Well, the AP class I took it for had a horrible teacher. Instead of actually..you know..teaching us and preparing us for it, she just taught us and I quote, "what I felt like teaching you" and just gave us a packet a week before the exam to study.

:/

Got a 3 though! So I still got credit.
    I've only taken 1. AP exam before.

Paying 89 dollars for an exam is a lot of money for a poor kid!
    I'm in high school.

I am in AP US History, AP Chemistry, French 1 (for the GPA boost), Pre-calculus, Lunch, Honors Government (had Honors Economics last semester), Study Hall (had Forensics last semester), and English 12.

You?
    Ugh. AP Calc. I sat in that class for a day because I knew the teacher and I didn't want to go to study hall.

Calculus..it doesn't look fun.

I'll just stick to AP history and science classes for now o.o
    Thank you for the compliment, but I don't like people whoring over religious subjects.

Sorry if you find it offensive, but that's the way I roll.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…