• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Giovanni wants this material called meteonite, I think. It's from a meteorite, hence the name, and it's got a lot of power or something. I think that's all that's been said about it.

I don't understand the sudden respect for Snape though, sure he was a good guy all along (and yeah, bravest guy ever), but does that erase six years of abuse and hatred? I'd say calling it quits and accepting that, had he lived, they could see eye to eye, would be good, but honouring him by naming his third child after him... bit far Harry lad. Albus shouldn't be allowed, what if he's crap at magic, it'd be an insult to the great man.

Yeah, there were a few episodes where Ash, Dawn and Brock stay at a summer camp where Rowan gives trainer lessons etc. It's all about becoming a better trainer and stuff, Angie becomes a main character for those few episodes and it also introduces Conway, who becomes one of Ash's battle rivals in the Sinnoh league and is also Dawn's creepy stalker. Jesse, James and Meowth get jobs at the Camp, cooking and cleaning and stuff and they actually enjoy it and don't try to steal anything, you just get scenes of them eating proper meals and being glad for it, it was a welcome change. I actually really liked those episodes, which is saying something as the anime is my least favourite area of canon. Games and Manga own it.

This image of makoto also inspired one of my journey fic characters outfits
    That's great to hear =D

Yeah well, I wish I had something to offer as an idea ^^; Oh right, I wanted to make the dead girl's name gender-neutral. Good idea or not? I figured it would be easier for the main character to assume her identity then. I'm a bit iffy on it myself, but I suppose I can make the main character scrape off the photograph on her ID and replace it with one of his own. That'd keep him out of trouble as long as the official database doesn't come into play, where the girl's face would be shown.

That aside, the witness character is the first to have a nearly completely finished bio, which is ironic, considering her appearances are going to be limited > > She's a Public service Librarian that ends up late for work because she had been reading. She takes a shortcut through the alley where the dead girl is. The Main character should pass by her just as he exits the alley.

And I meant poetic, I typed in prosaic because I though of the term 'purple prose'. I scrapped the sentence though. Thanks for your input.

Whee, I'm basically nowhere... ^^;
    In the last episode they did some Mission Impossible stuff and stole some data from this sciencey place, and pulled it off without a hitch. Cuz they is pro. I think the next big thing they do is in Castelia City, the big 3D city they have in the game, from what I understand from reading Serebii's front page anyway, the episodes got pushed back because something happens in it which kinda reminds people about the japanese earthquake, so they pushed them back in respect.

I read something on cracked about easter eggs in albums and there was some cool stuff about Radiohead but the best was from a Tool album where if you overlayed two songs with another (the two songs added together are the exact length of the other song) and they play simultaneously with added melodies, it's brilliant.

I agree, can't go wrong with a redheaded lass. It only works on girls though. What I think is actually pretty funny about Harry and Ginny's relationship when you see it in the nineteen years later segment, is that Ginny seems to have had no say in naming the children. You have James Sirius, Albus Severus and Lily Luna (she might have had some input on the middle name for Lily :p) I could imagine Harry being all, "First boy we have is going to be called James"

"Well it's a nice name but what about-"

"Ginny, my parents are dead, I think they would have wanted this as a way to remember them by."

"Okay, I suppose"

Fast forward to the birth of the girl, "What shall we call her, Harry?"

"Lily."

"What about-"

"Dead parents."

Angie kicks ***, plus it's explicitly made clear she has a crush on Ash. It's at least a one-sided relationship. She also reminds me of the character I play as in Street Fighter 'Makoto', it's scarily similar, in the lickilicky episode a while after the summer camp thingy, she even wears an outfit vastly similar to one of Makoto's Alternate Costumes.

Lapras is badass, don't let no one tell you otherwise :p
    *poof*

You still working on 'The Chronicles of Johto'?

I was reminded of it because of a banner that was in your signature a while ago. I found the premise quite amusing and the characters had some very nice interactions. I'm not pressuring you to do anything, though. I've sometimes lost interest in the thing I was writing, so I can understand if you lost interest too. That aside, I hope you're doing well =)

About my fic (in case you're interested =P), the good news, I've managed to write a few lines of my prologue. Bad news, I still haven't managed to refine the story. I keep coming up with fragments, moments I would like to write, but I haven't yet decided on the important stuff. Oh right, is this line overly prozaic?

Her book lay there, sprawled wide open, with one page pointing upward, quivering, as if it was still deciding whether it should fall to the left or to the right.

I'd appreciate your opinion =D
    Just to point out, I love the B/W Team Rocket, they are undeniably badass.

I try not to go to TV Tropes, it's interest vortex is almost as bad as cracked o_o

Fair Play to Ginny though, she became an interesting character in 5 and 6 because she wasn't just fawning over Harry silently, but actually talked and had an opinion. But let's be honest, Harry/Ginny screams mummy issues.

I suppose the anime doesn't help with its many (apparently) hints, things like the whole Rudy bit in the Orange Islands didn't help the Ash/Misty ship float away.

I suppose with Harry Potter, because so much of it is canon, then it's going to breed a lot more hate and craziness when your ship wasn't made real. A friend tells me that (again apparently) Luna Lovegood marries the grandson of Newt Scamander (the bloke who wrote Fantastic Beasts an Where to find them) Pokémon has the advantage of not focusing on the characters relationships so no canon is given, it's better because nobody is right and (Harry Potter quote time) People find it's harder to forgive you when they were wrong than when they were right, (obvious paraphrase, but it's talking about Percy still not talking to the Weasleys despite Voldemort being back and Harry not being a liar)

As for Ash and potential pairings, I like him and this one...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Angie
    "Shipping, derived from the word relationship, is the belief that two fictional characters, typically from the same series, are in a relationship, or have romantic feelings that could potentially lead to a relationship. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional and/or intellectual involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction."

AND

"the archives of the newsgroup X-files show that the word "shipper" was already in established use among fans of The X-Files as early as May 1996."

Interesting, the wiki page on shipping (under Shipping (fandom)) has a lot of talk on Harry Potter and the various debates around who Harry would fall in love with. I like how HarryxHermoine fans boycotted the sixth and seventh books xD. It also mentions pokémon as an example where shippings are given names (pokéshipping, advanceshipping etc)

My boredom and googling powers are something to behold, dearest Breezy. Although, there probably is a better, none wikipedia, answer out there.

I think my main problem with "shipping" is (probably the hardcore shippers) the fact that the majority are anime based, and I've never really cared that much about the characters in the anime, I only watched it past Johto because I got bored one summer and found a website with every episode on. The newest series is alright though, Iris is a fun character. Anyway, I think what draws me in about the game is that it's far more open ended, the game doesn't develop the characters enough and it leaves room for me to throw my imagination around. My exactly does Blaine have a gym full of trivia machines, did he ever think that ANYONE would believe TM 28 is Tombstoney? Why does Lt. Surge build traps? Why is Janine picked to be the Fuchsia gym leader, is it nepotism or because she shows real skill?

Why am I giving myself ideas when I have a chaptered fic to focus on!?
    Pro-tip, never google image search blaziken, it causes severe eye-pain. I only wanted a good idea of it's anatomy damn it!

Speaking of Gym Leaders and E4 members, I was surprised the other week to find out that one of Unova's Elite 4 is in Platinum and HG/SS as a character in a Battle Frontier Facility. She has her butler do the battling for her, I thought that was pretty cool. Unova also has a writer in the E4 xP

I think those are the reasons why I don't like to call it shipping when I pair people up. I don't hold a firm belief that they should be together, but I like to believe that in the confines of my universe that they would under certain circumstances.
    Heh, I never did any wifi battles before let alone actual competitions. XD Anyways nothing for me, although the winner of the whole thing would have gotten a 3ds...and a copy of black/white. The latter being kinda silly seeing people needed to have the game to participate. =|
    Elesa is the person in my avatar, Nimbasa City Gym Leader, Model, Electric type user and wearer of badass headphones. Skyla looks about fourteen but dresses like she's a lot older and is a pilot. I just heard that there was a serious ship between the two, I even read a shipping fic on FF.net (which I never go to btw, I just got bored and wanted to check it out)

I do enjoy gym leaders and E4 members though, I think the barbeque challenge I wrote a fic for ages ago changed my mind about them as mere obstacles to actual people. Blaine was my favourite to write :3 I actually paired up Erika and Sabrina in that fic (Well, they had broken up a while ago and now Sabrina is married to Morty obviously) Sabrina was a confused young woman who was socially unaware and Erika was very nice to her. Then there's Lorelei x Lance, but that's a given.

Now I want to write a Looker x Officer Jenny fic ¬¬

My mind had been dominated, I'm the sawsbuck in the headlights and the eighteen wheeler of romance doesn't want to stop truckin'
    I'm safe and right now, I have an urge to write a 4/20 themed oneshot. Would I get ban-hammered on SPPF if I did post it here would be the question...
    Okay, right now, i am Pissed off. I'm under Tornado watch, and they bumped it another 15 minutes. and I'm stuck in my basement, and HOLY CRAP, THE STORM IS DIRECTLY ABOVE US!
    Cool... I'm lurking FFn and playing games... pretty much the usual on my days off school. Yeah... so... do u liek mudkipz?
    Yeah, it was all in the Trench Coat. Lookers attitude and just how he is would fit into the dreams. He's an odd one. Badass in the anime though, seriously badass.

Steven helped with the Aqua/Magma crisis in an off-screen capacity, only really towards the end though. The only useful thing Cynthia EVER does in that game is give you a Togepi egg, and that's only because Togekiss is such a great pokémon, but if you don't have one in your team then it's absolutely useless. The B/W champion appears quite a few times, but he seems to have a much clearer relationship with Cheren, the male rival. The Player Characters (who have absolutely ridiculously stupid names btw) only talk to him and do stuff, you don't even fight him on your first E4 run.

I like Lucas and Dawn, I think they are both quite similar to Brendan and May but in some areas they are really different, so much so that they don't come off as merely aesthetic replacements. At first I thought they were really similar and that you, perhaps subconsciously, did that by accident after 5 years of HLBMA.

I remember a while back, not that long ago, EonMaster1 wrote a one-shot about Red (aptly called Ellipsis) it was about his relationship with Blue and Green, and he seemed to have to same ability as you, dragging me into the romantic tension and awkward feelings of teenage "wuv" and making me care about it.

And as far as B/W shippings go, I whole-heartedly approve of Elesa x Skyla.
    Well in our small group, yes, but there were a lot of people from elsewhere (128 competitors first in first serve ._.). And I only vaguely know the Johto one...I never really watched much of the anime.
    I know right?

Lane makes a good Looker though, that's totally the direction you were going with that. Looker obviously being the greatestest character in platinum. One thing I enjoyed about Lull, this relates back to Looker in a way, is that when you describe Lucas' journey and Cynthia's abandonment, you make constant references to the fact that all the adults were stupid. And, after watching an LP of someone playing Platinum and pointing out that Cynthia and Looker are the most incompetent NPC's in gaming history, I can only understand why Lucas feels the way he does.

Also, Gods damn you Breezy, stop making me want characters to get together, especially canon ones. First it was Brendan and May, now it's Lucas and Dawn. I'm going to defend myself by saying that it's only YOUR characters that I want to get together, regardless of whether they're based on canon characters.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…