• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It wasn't actually my battle, but you can read the warstory here. It's hilarious. Seaking turnaround from 1-6 to a 6 Pokemon sweep.
    Lol, amen!

Oh, and what you said earlier, April's stats really are crazy. But I'm sure that if we give it time, it will balance out. At least until random junk like Zapdos are out of UU...

Also, I'm guessing you've read the "Super Lol" warstory? If not, you need to check it out. Seaking FTW.
    I just wanted to thank you for writing a detailed explanation! Anyway, I'm fairly new so I didn't know there was a polls section. I do see it now.
    The way I see it, some Pokemon get used less for a reason. Some people have tried to make tiers based on how "good" a Pokemon is, which is a good idea. But that tends to have crazy results and is sometimes subjective. Usage is...well, pretty straightforward. Besides, it doesn't mean you can't use UUs/LUs/NUs in OU. Just the other way around.

Oh, and I would definitely take Smogon's 5th Gen stats with a grain of salt. Like you said, they are unstable. It's just so...new.

I also agree, I like most Pokemon in some way. Lol, I've even swept half a team with a Stick Farfetch'd and a lot of crit hax. ;) I tend to battle with more powerful Pokemon, but I love the response when you sweep an opponent's OU team with a Light Ball Pikachu.
    Lol, I guess so.

I see. Well, Datte is about the closest thing to a "Smogon-drone" that I've seen around here. I personally like Smogon's tiering system, but I don't take "NU" to mean "weak". Heck, I've had great sweeps with BellyZard in OU before. He's only NU because of Stealth Rock.

My favorite by far is Blaziken. Other than that, it would have to depend on the category. Overall...Vaporeon, Dragonite, Rayquaza, Sceptile, and Gyarados would make the list. They were all on my first teams on FireRed and Ruby. Kind of a sentimental thing, I guess.
    Yes, I do play quite a bit of competitive battling myself. I haven't been at it so often lately because of tough school work, but now that school's over, I have a little more time for it.

And I'm just going to take a wild swing at this and say you're a competitive battler too? ;)
    It's not really gonna be as what you described about a no tier system. To quote from Profesco:

----------
    If every Pokemon were on the same level, you could use any Pokemon to battle any Pokemon, and the variety would skyrocket. Every Pokemon would have a chance to win, so anybody could pick whatever Pokemon they wanted and the outcome would not be completely predictable.

With such a disparity in strength, there is little variety. The Dialgas and Kyogres and Garchomps of the Pokemon world are common to a fault because they're better than the rarely-seen Stunfisks and Luvdiscs. In a hundred battles, you're likely to see ninety Scizors and zero Mawiles. Is that the variety you want?
    ----------
    I am sticking to this quote even if it kills me.
    All I want is to get rid of the UU and NU tier by wanting GF to listen to Smgon and give Pokemon needed moves/evolutions and nerf Ubers to be OU material. That way, no one will be spamming the most used Pokemon anymore, and now we can see former underdogs getting their use. Even Profesco agrees with me, making your future argument invalid.
    Pidgeot beating OU Pokemon does not compute, and I'm fully against Sand Storm teams, as well as other weather-based teams, because it leaves them easy bait for a single Grass, Fire, Water, Ice, or Fighting move. Real smogon players would criticize your set for Pidgeot and how you should've used a better flying type. If I don't see anyone playing the games the Smogon, I feel like killing myself for my beliefs to make a difference.
    The only Pokemon I can see stand a fighting chance are Gyarados, Machamp, and Exeggutor (if it has Harvest), the rest will fall to OU Pokemon's hands. Plus it unbalances the team by having two flying types in the ring. Smogonising is the perfect race I say, PERFECTION!
    Even if Magmortar is overlooked, Smogon says it's NU material no matter how you say based on their analyses on it. I will rage if any player's not smogonised. As for a planned team, this is what I had in mind: Sceptile, Charizard, Feraligatr/Samurott, Alakazam, Lucario, and Haxorus/Hydreigon. The biggest problem with this team is Charizard because its DW ability is now its main selling point, and I can't teach any of my Pokemon Sunny Day nor use Droughttales for it'll unbalance my team. Not to mention that I can't replace him with Infernape due to having Lucario in the mix. This is why I have to resort to this team: Ferrothorn, Volcanora, Starmie, Conkeldurr, Garchomp, and Tyranitar if I ever want to win.
    My favorites on Gen 5: Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Watchog, Stoutland, Simisage, Zebstrike, Gigalith, Exadrill, Conkeldurr, Seismitoad, Throh, Sawk, Scolipede, Lilligant, Krokorok, Darmitan, Cofagrigus, Carracosta, Archeops, Zoroark, Reniculus, Sawsbuck, Escaliver, Gavantula, Ferrothorn, Eelectross, Chandelure, Haxorus, Beartic, Accelgor, Meinshao, Druddigon, Gorlurk, Bisharp, Buffoufant, Braviary, Hydreigon, Volcanora, Terrakion, Tornadus, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldo, and Genesect.
    My favorites on Gen 4: Infernape, Piplup, Staraptor, Luxray, Rampardos, Gastrodon, Carnivine, Chatot, Garchomp, Lucario, Hippowdon, Abomasnow, Rotom, Mesprit, Palkia, Heatran, Darkrai, and Shaymin.
    My favorites on Gen 3 (including their evos): Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Linoon, Beautifly, Swellow, Breloom, Gardevoir, Gallade, Slaking, Exploud, Delcatty, Aggron, Sableye, Roserade, Sharpedo, Wailord, Zangoose, Armaldo, Kecleon, Salamence, Metagross, Registeel, Lati@s, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys.
    My favorites on Gen 2 (including their evos): Meganium, Feraligatr, Furret, Xatu, Ampharos, Yanmega, Ambipom, Heracross, Weavile, Mamoswine, Miltank, Raikou, Tyranitar, and Ho-oh.
    With pleasure:

My favorites on Gen 1 (including their evos): Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Ninetales, Jigglypuff, Crobat, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Machamp, Tentacruel, Golem, Rapidash, Dodrio, Muk, Gengar, Steelix, Kingler, Hitmochan, Hitmotop, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Kangaskhan, Kingdra, Scizor, Electivire, Magmortar, Pinsir, Tauros, Gyarados, Lapras, Espeon, Leafeon, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Mewtwo, and Mew.
    Ever since I've discovered Smogon, I've slowly became a drone if I ever want to be good at battling, even if it means abandoning Pokemon who are in lower tiers and picking only the ones in OU. If Pokemon weren't meant to be created equally, then why are they shown to handle themselves in the anime? Because games =/= anime, and it's misinforming kids about their actual strengths, which is why GF should listen to Smogon so they could give some necessary moves/evolutions to low tiered Pokemon to stand a fighting chance. However, that doesn't always work (Ex: Magmortar).
    What do you have against Smogon? They've influenced how we play the game, and GF should really listen to these guys if they really want to improve their Pokemon such as poor ol Pidgeot and Delibird.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…