• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, it's a great thing to have writers talk with one another. They push you to be as good as you can be, they help you out when you're stuck on something, and it creates amazing stories as a result.

DNA and chromosones really do intrigue me; it's almost hard to believe that something on such a molecular scale can determine your gender, height, build, hair and eye color, and everything else. Pokemon that can alter their DNA, like Mew, Ditto, Deoxys, and (to an extent) Smeargle are extremely interesting to think about.

----------
    Wow. Must be amazing to be in a family like that.
    ----------
    Yeah. It provides a lot of history, but when you think about it, if any soldier or marine had their choice, they'd rather be at peace than war. I completely support our military because they have to wade into conflict so that others can lead peaceful lives. And I'm certain that they would want peace in their lives as well.

----------
    Ha, sounds like a neat little character. Is it gonna be whimsical like Mew too or entirely different?
    ----------
    It's probably going to have that same fun-loving side of Mew that I noticed in the first Pokemon movie. I'm not sure what you mean by whimsical, though. I apologize.
    I wouldn't say that it's based off of said story. Nobody in my fic wants to blow up a bridge (but omg! you could so do it if was set in unova ^___^) but it is kinda old timey, my fic is set in the near past, I pin it around the invention of the pokéball (people by this point, having only had access to apricorns) the pokéballs are quite expensive and have a dramatically higher base catch rate (special apricorns still being better in some situations) than your average, non-effect apricorn.

I did it mainly so I could invent my own Johto, I have new (although some are related) gym leaders with different specialties based not solely around one type. For example, the goldenrod gym leader, who used to be a surfer, uses pokémon from the beach and the shallow waters, so you see ground types AND water types etc.

When beginning writing and creating characters I did use some of the themes from the book and incorporated them into the fabric of the story, but that's about it. The title just made sense after a while, so I just left it as it was. I think I get what you mean, I once saw a picture of someone cosplaying Lucy from Elfen Lied and it was ridiculously awesome.

It's not that I'm describing everything, I'm describing what's necessary for the reader to get an idea what J is doing and what she's thinking, but what I have to describe is dull, boring and can't be described easily, so it gets kinda tedious. To use a word to describe how I feel - 'gah!' - The second chapter should be easier, it starts off with a news report and they're always fun to write as it's just dialogue. The idea to use each quote, I did (which is four on my count) just appeared to me as I was writing, I didn't set out with the intention to use movie references. It was fun and I've seen enough quotable material to make a running motif if I really want to xD

Oh, oh, I just watched the latest american episode of the B/W anime and screw Professor Juniper, CilanxBurgundy is my new favourite xP
    I think I signed up to ff.net ages ago but got confused as to what to do and left, never to return. That and the horrible reputation it has just made me want to stay here where I know people and the people don't know me xD

I think the first thread I ever made broke some kind of rule, something about the subject I posted on being asked all the time it was in the rules not to post it. I just kinda didn't post much after that or at all for about a year, just had my account sat there, discovered the fanfic section and thought it was the best place ever. I'm currently facepalming that this would be when I was 15/16 when all of this noobery happened, or to use a british schooling system comparison, when I was in my last year of High School, moving on to College.

I really need to start reviewing as well...

... ... yeah. I've changed a lot how I review, I went from everybody's nooby beginnings, although I seemed to step over the ultra noob phase, I was more an informed noob. Then I moved onto having a knowledge of reviewing basics. THEN I enrolled in the Yami school of fanfiction critiquing and (according to JX Valentine, upon first reviewing Anima Ex Machina) had built up a reputation as the second harshest reviewer on the forums, second only to the headmistress herself.

Then Yami got banned and I started reviewing in a jokey fashion, trying to inject a bit of humour into my reviews so it's at least fun to read. Now I need to randomly reviews some more, more than the fics I'm following anyway. Just randomly pick a fic, read it and post something vaguely constructive, it'll be a start at least.

And considering you won an award for your reviewing skills, you can't rest on your laurels! Leave your laurels well alone, they are not for resting!

Okay, I image I've rambled enough for this one post to hold :x
    Sorry, I'm having exams at the moment. I've read it already, just need to find some time to review (which will probably be next week, at the earliest). Excuse my absence ^^;

*vanishes*
    ----------
    Gah, I hate that you got me so excited for a story that I have no ideas for. =P I have all these small little character bits that are nice but mean nothing with no actual story. Sigh.
    ----------
    Oh. I'm sorry...

----------
    Gah, there was this story I beta'd that is kind of similar to yours, and I know I probably shouldn't tell it, so it's irritating me because I want to and fjferafekreljaf2e. I will say that it being a stone is quite workable and slightly akin to that Deoxys movie who came in a form of a meteor, and with Mew holding the DNA of all pokemon in its body, having that sort of power transferred to a stone is quite ... believable. I think I just type-barfed all over the keyboard now. Apologies if none of that made sense or was even on topic.
    ----------
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about Deoxys! And don't worry about it; I ramble all the time. XD

----------
    You like writing with military-esque characters, huh? =P
    ----------
    It comes from being in a family that has had a member be a participatant in most major U.S. conflicts.

----------
    So was the gyarados a choice by the stone "character" or did the rookie choose it?
    ----------
    The stone chooses all. :p
    In terms of writing, it wasn't bad, it was just so unbelievably bland and convoluted.

I think that's why I'm kinda sad that I lost all of my really old stuff, I had quite a lot of stuff (not as much as I do now, plot bunnies everywhere) It would still be nice to see my old journey fic, it was about 50 pages long overall with 4 pages for each chapter, it was about this kid who's about to go on his journey, but Team Rocket capture his pokéball scientist parents. He sets out to find them by looking into their past.

I also remember writing a crackfic about Professor Oak as he sends kids off on their journies, he was a bit mad. He paints ekans to look like dratini and loves ikea a bit too much.

I'm up to my 5th year, which makes it weird to think that when I joined, I was 15 o_o

Yup, that's the one I've been rambling about, it has a chimecho in it, I feel entirely justifed using a Hemingway title :p I might just have to now, I can't deny breezy a fic about Morty, because you lurve him.

Can't you tell from my epic usage of Fake Tears earlier? I'm skill at this battling malarkey.

Bleh, once more. The first chapter was just me describing a lot of things, lots and lots of things. Then I have some back and forth dialogue and I make lots of movie references, lots and lots of movie references.
    Shortened to fit character limit.

----------
    Probably wouldn't mind a two-shot actually. Think two-shot might be better to setup things and deliver a satisfying story without going into chapter territory.
    ----------
    Okay. If a two-shot works for you, then go for it. It'll be awesome when it's posted.

----------
    That's fascinating; so this stone is from the depths of your imagination or is it an actual object and you're expanding on it (I'm still shaky with BW info if you can't tell -- took me a while to figure out what Beheeyem was again).
    ----------
    I actually have no idea if there is a stone - or any object, for that matter - that's associated with Mew. I just figured that all legendaries have something that binds them to the Earth. For Mew, it's a stone that helped it give rise to all Pokemon (of course, the odd thing about that is that I believe that the Legendaries' genders fluctuate depending on their mood and human/mortal Pokemon perception, unless they already have a set gender. Yeah, I have a very weird opinion).

----------
    A gyarados is an odd choice considering how aggressive the species is. I suppose it's better than a magikarp or something that gets preyed on easily, but it sounds both like a blessing and a curse considering the situation. Is it a reflection of his personality (or opposite of it) or did gyarados just feel right for this character?
    ----------
    You know, the rookie is actually a pretty peaceful guy for a military soldier (unlike a certain other soldier -coughClaudecough-). I wanted to add conflict with natural aggressiveness. I wanted him to be an amphibious Pokemon of some kind (adds a complex layer/weakness). So Gyarados felt right for a lot of reasons.

----------
    Nah, I get it. =P I kind of had the opposite situation with Darkrai who is suppose to be a concrete character but actually had no appearance besides "eyes
    ----------
    Ah, yes, I recall. Darkrai's such an awesome character...
    I just read it again just to get an idea of what mild altering substance I was partaking in when I wrote it. Mind**** doesn't do whatever I wrote justice.

Every writer is probably ashamed of something they've done in the past though. Needless to say, back then, about one and a half, two years ago, I was a bit of an idiot. Idiot, Moron, psycho, whatever people called me back then.

Nowadays, I've actually released things I'm proud of instead of just any old tat that I happen to complete.

The original concept is about 11 pages on word. Morty had just called Eusine and told him that he'd discovered the location of Suicune's shrine and that he hopes Eusine can swim. That would only leave the Indiana Jones like shrine exploration and epic righteous vengeance ending. I might actually get around to finishing it because it meshes quite well with where my brain is at with For Whom The Bell Tolls (the title of my chaptered fic, which I'm still too chickenshit to post D: )

Although I do have the championship battle between Clair and Lance to write for that one shot. And the next chapter in my Hunter J side fic, the first chapter is too describey, I'm hoping the next one will be more foreshadowy and plotty. Bleh.

Bleh, bleh, bleh.

Diddy used Fake Tears.

Breezy's Sp. Def sharply fell!
    ----------
    I actually would love for Lane to be an investigator of supernatural events (though that might be because he reminds me a lot of Looker) considering his history. Lacunosa Town sounds perfect for him. This feels like it headed down a chapter fic than a one-shot now, rawr. =P
    ----------
    Or it could just be an extremely long oneshot. Either way, you're right; there wouldn't be anyone better to investigate the paranormal than Lane Eldritch.

----------
    Sounds exciting. Is it still a plot bunny or have you written anything for it?
    ----------
    It's still a bunny, but it just so happens to be a huge one.

----------
    I feel like I missed reading something. So the stone's power is being somehow controlled by something else given that it spared his intelligence?
    ----------
    Oh, shoot, I forgot to mention what this stone was. I'm sincerely sorry about that.

Basically, this stone is an extension of Mew (I've read on Bulbapedia that Mew could be considered a Pokemon from outer space, since it's the bearer of all Pokemon) and a weapon/safeguard that was used to help save the Pokemon race. An alien race were the first ones to discover it, and after drawing the stone's power, they became Beheeyem, the first non-legendary Pokemon. They kept the stone as a religious artifact and brought it with them to Earth. They left it in the Ancient Castle and left it so that humans wouldn't try to steal it.

The stone is pretty much a character in its own right. It has its own feelings, which are the exact same as Mew's. Even Mew and the Beheeyem had abandoned it, so it felt overjoyed when the rookie finally found it. It decided to reward him the only way it could: by turning him into a chosen specie and retaining his sense of self.

...This is pretty weird, trying to describe an inanimate object as a human/Pokemon-like character. I'm sorry if this is confusing; it's really confusing for me as well. XD
    You guessed right. Pedestal is amazing. Should find and read it on ff.net if you haven't already.

Also, another great read is "It" by Stephen King. Where Pennywise is from. :eek:
    READERS AND THE EMERGENCY ROOM STAFF WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY THERE ARE STAPLES IN THE SOUP. :V

Seriously, it pleases me in all the right ways to hear you say that. ♥ (;D) Clearly, I should review more often if only because it's really flipping fun.
    Urgh, don't remind me of that D:

I literally wrote that in about three one-hour sessions over the three days before the contest ended. It wasn't nearly polished enough to go anywhere near a contest and it's placing reflected that. My original concept, which I worked on for about two, three weeks but abandoned due to annoyance, would have placed much better. It was a fic about Eusine, who breaks into a museum in Ecruteak using his silky skills, he finds a book and takes photos of the pages and gets out, Morty (who was conveniently looking out of the window at the time) sees the teleport flash and goes to see what's happening. Turns out they're old friends and the pages he took photos of are the key to finding Suicune.

Stuff happens, Eusine rests at home, Morty gets to work on deciphering the pages and that's where I ended it. It was eventually going to end up with murder and betrayal and godly immolation. Would've been epic, but it annoyed me.

So I half-assed another view on the chosen one story and set it on Moo Moo Farm for Johto relevance. And Celebi, why the hell not?

It's just too bad listening to the Dream Theater song I got the inspiration from reminds me of it.

You don't have to be a zombie to appreciate some high quality brain juice

There's a Lapras in my fic. I named him Cornelius
    It's no problem. ^_^

Oh. I suppose that nobody goes into the dragon tamer route early, since they all have to be extremely good trainers. And Kingdra for the win; I always loved that guy.

Hmm...what about Lacunosa Town? The legend of Kyurem and all?

----------
    Yeah, it's hard for me to move on without trying to edit the previous chapters first. Not sure why. I suppose it's not a bad habit to have, going back to fix things and whatnot.

Either way, good luck with story progression!
    ----------
    Yeah...for me, it's an obsession. To be quite honest, I hate it when I let people down. That includes the people who read my fics.

Thank you for wishing me good luck. :)

----------
    Sounds like a fascinating premise, though with all premises like this, I do wonder how exactly you're going to conclude it. I don't think things could necessarily "return to normal" with this sort of story.
    ----------
    Yeah, it would be pretty difficult for any place to fully recover from that. But that's humanity, right? We're a resilient bunch. And I'm actually planning on making it a good ending, although it won't be what people expect. ;)

----------
    I'm actually confused on how his intelligence is spared because he touched it. Is it because he's younger?
    ----------
    I think it's because of the fact that he interacted with it in the first place, like a reward or something along those lines.
    ----------
    My original epilogue idea for Lane was that he went to Unova to apprentice under Drayden (or maybe it would be Iris?) and was going to live in Unova, but then I realized I still wanted to play a role in Lucas's life, so I shifted him over to Johto. =P Though having a dragon master in Unova with Lane being a dragon tamer would work.
    ----------
    Oh, that would be sweet. It really makes me wonder if Dratini was the first dragon-type he ever caught (his obsession with Lance pretty much tells you that he would love to have a Dragonite as a partner). Being an Elite Four member means that he's got at least five dragons (or dragon-like Pokemon), and since all of them are pretty difficult to tame...wow. Lane's got to be an amazing trainer.

----------
    Revenant, but any story.
    ----------
    In Revenant, I'm not really progressing far. It's probably because I absolutely hate trying to move on while there are still errors in my fic. I've got some of the third chapter done, but...oh well.

It doesn't help that I have this plot bunny that's been taking a lot of my time. Picture this: a rookie soldier is assigned to a squad ordered to protect a group of scientists. When he sees a stone from outer space, his curiosity gets the best of him and he touches it. The stone releases a toxin that turns humans into feral half-Pokemon beings and triggers aggressiveness in Pokemon. Since the rookie activated the stone, his intelligence is spared, but he's slowly turning into a Gyarados, and his human memories have been completely destroyed with no hope of ever fully recovering them. He is later captured by humans for various tests. And to top it all off, the Beheeyem (yes, the story takes place in Unova) who brought the stone to Earth is now angry that humanity messed with the "Mewstone". So, yeah; this plot bunny has completely taken over my mind.
    Yeah, I've never really reviewed any I know...*gets shot* but still, they are good, the reason why I usually don't review is because this is my life

Readreadreadreadreadreadreadpassesoutreadreadreadread

I just never get around to it :/

But still :)
    Yeah, I get you. You wanted to let the readers know how everyone turned out to a point, but have it so there's still room to wiggle.

I just invented a new character development arc which spans a few chapters! Now all I have to do is invent some plot to fit in with the new character development arc. At least I have moo moo farm to do something with. The Point C I'm looking forward to is in Olivine City, so I have to contend with the tedium that is the "designed as a trainer gauntlet" route. I don't want to make it seem that they get between towns too fast though, so I'll have to stall their journey somehow around the moo moo farm, which I could turn into a farming village. At the moment, my head is saying back-breaking physical labour. It could also allow me to bring some more drama into the new character development arc, hmm.

I shall let these ideas soak in my brain juice.
    ----------
    I think I have an idea. You know that one girl on Marvelous Bridge in Unova that disappears, and when you talk to that old lady, she says something like, "Blah blah full of energy"? It kind of reminded me of that one line the mother in Canalave says about her kid ("He's full of too much energy, I wish he'd a little quieter"). I found that connection interesting. This might be me dying to write a Unova fic, though. Been swinging at the most wildest Unova plot bunnies lately.
    ----------
    That is pretty interesting. It makes me wonder why Lane would go to Unova and what his connection to the girl is, though.

----------
    How's your story coming along anyway?
    ----------
    Which one?

----------
    Pretty much all you need to know is that most girls are rather indirect/passive. You just gotta figure out what their being so obscure about, ha.
    ----------
    Thank you. :)
    ----------
    Hopefully. I have no ideas so far, but I'm sure something will come to me.
    ----------
    If you build it, they will come. :)

----------
    I think that's one of the reasons why people like Dawn: she's confident but at the same time coy (or plays coy at least).
    ----------
    Yeah, I really like her as a character, for the reasons you mentioned. She really illustrates how much I have to (and will never) learn about the fairer sex.

----------
    Sounds kinky. =P I kid.
    ----------
    I knew you'd say that. :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…