• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The story about Red is probably this, I think. I love how well-written it is. Thankfully, it's not abandoned. A quick Google search revealed that the author posted additional chapters... on a Potter website. =O

And the redesign for Gold does look younger, doesn't he? To be honest, I never followed the anime and read the Special Manga instead, so the transition was easier for me.

Do you have a link for the "Nameless Supplanter"?
    Everything's fine. My sister's home from North Carolina (for now), and I'm just spending time with my family for this 4th of July.

And how are you?
    I CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-Checked it out and saw WH-WH-WH-WH-What it was all about.

Okay, Beastie Boys joke got old.

See failure of a review for my verdict.

Yeah, on Mondays, if you go to the Fourth Floor in the Celadon Department Store, you see Janine and Falkner arguing about who's father is the better trainer :3 It's one of those things that makes 'fufufu' seem like a legitimate way to onomatopoeise laughter. Making up words ftw. I'm expanding on that scene, because I've wanted to write a Janine fic for SO DAMN LONG!

I like Ethan, seeing as he is Gold whereas Lyra is not Crys. Lyra = retconned. Plus, he has an epic japanese name which I made into Ethan's second name for the pure fact that I can have someone shout HIBIKI-SAN! In classic Sakura/Dan Street Fighter style.

DIDDY used Spider Web!

BREEZY cannot escape!
    I think I once read a fic which said something like:

"What's your name?" snapped Whitney.

The boy in the baseball cap cracked a grin.

"My parents call me 'Ethan', but my friends call me 'Gold'."

and:

"My nickname was Red, after the colour of my eyes. It's not my birth name, you ****er."

That was interesting. :O

And what story are you talking about?
    "Hil" is also a pretty awful name for a guy. I'd much rather go back to the tradition for naming the protagonist after the game titles. =P

And you saw my snippet? Aw, thanks. You won't believe how hard it is to write 25,000 words while calling him "the boy". A nameless protagonist is a ***** of a protagonist to write. D:
    [randomness]Lol, you don't like Hilbert's name too? That's makes two of us. I balked a little when I saw your story, though. It's very well-written, but I weep. I thought I was original. D=

...I'll give you a better review later.[/randomness]
    A wild BREEZY appeared!

DIDDY used Hypnosis!
    But it failed.

Wild BREEZY fled.

I was JUST about to check out what you posted, but thought, I'll check out what this VM is first.

Aaaanyway, I've had plot bunnies galore, including but not limited to a Falkner/Janine fic based around their meeting in the Celadon Department Store in HG/SS. A Cynthia/Hilda fic based around a swimsuit quote I found on Bulbapedia and conversations with Draco Malfoy. There's also a Street Fighter fic I wanted to write based around the two female characters in the latest game who are the least sexualised, I then proceed to... actually never mind, I need help.

DIDDY used a Revive on OLD FIC!

That's right, I've salvaged an old idea and am writing it once again. Hooray for having too much to write in a month when I really need to be focusing on other things.

Write MOAR Breezy, if you do, I might get bored enough to check out some of your older stuff on ff.net, 'cos I'm cool like that.

EDIT: I also forgot my also Draco Malfoy inspired Johto/Sinnoh Battle Frontier fic starring *drum roll please* Ethan.
    ----------
    You can't nominate more than one fic for one category? Thought the cap was two. *shrug*
    ----------
    Maybe it is two. I'm not sure; I haven't voted yet.

----------
    Oh, yes, the cute pink bubbles. ^^ Love that one sound effect when Ash is cushioned by it.
    ----------
    Yeah. That just solidified Mew's status as the cutest legendary Pokemon ever. ^_^

----------
    But that's what makes it so fun. XP You should definitely have a cap when you go there. If you look around, you can get drinks for relatively cheap. On a side note, I sat next to a guy at the slots who was there fir six hours and lost over 5k dollars. That's what he told me anyway, who knows if it's true.
    ----------
    It's hard to have a cap when you're drunk out your mind - and I struggle at knowing when to stop drinking. I'm just scared of blowing all of my money and being stuck in a different city with no way to get home. It almost happened to me in a city that I've lived in, so...

----------
    No, they were fixing the left two lanes or something. I guess it makes sense since not many people drive past midnight but a pain nonetheless.
    ----------
    Oh. That makes more sense.

----------
    You live in the US, right? What state?
    ----------
    Um...I live in Missouri. It's on my bio.
    No unicorns, but maybe a unicron

I think that we should just review as much as possible, but I also think we should have some kind of review veto system where we can weed out any underhanded cheating *stares menacingly at Breezy* I know how short and skimpy your reviews are :p

The only woah moments in my fic are character development oriented. At least I think they are woah-ish.
    ----------
    You could still nominate it. =P Sounds like a fic I should try getting into again, though. I am curious about the other fic you're talking about. Oh, morbid curiosity.
    ----------
    Yeah, I guess I could vote for it if you could nominate more than one fic. It was hard for me to get into at first, but the more you read the story, the more you understand what's going on.

----------
    Yeah, I think female, too. ^^ It has such cute body movement too, the way it curls up and stuff that none of the other "cute" legends can really do.
    ----------
    And the bubbles. Don't forget the bubbles.

----------
    You definitely need to go to Vegas, then; it's really fun and there's so much to see and do (and gamble ... and drink). Yeah, they have slot machines pretty much everywhere in that city, including gas stations and probably some bathrooms. XP I did manage to win fifty dollars, which is better than my friends who both lost around 200 or so each.
    ----------
    Yeah...I'd better not go to Vegas, in that case. I'd probably end up mesmerized by the shiny slot machines and throw away all of my money - all while drunk out of my mind.

----------
    House of Blues was amazing, though there was traffic on the way back. Never knew you could have traffic at midnight, but here we are. =|
    ----------
    O_O Traffic? At midnight? How many other events were going on at that time? The only time I've seen traffic at midnight is because of a late-innings Cardinals game and several other less important events.
    Whimsicott is so ridiculously easy to draw :s I've already got it down on paper, all I need to do is colour it in. It was literally a five minute job.

It means Rampaging Tosa Wave, but it's more a Street Fighter reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMQZLSQVoE Punishing projectiles ftw.

If the Review Exchange becomes popular, then I think we should just keep it to ourselves, mainly because there will already be a big reviewing presence, but if no one really takes to it then we should make it forum wide.

I never thought about the beard thing like that xD but it's actual facial hair. I'm pretty sure I explain it a lot better in the fic, but you do make a fair point, Pallet Town is pretty much just farmland though, farmland and old people.
    I was actually thinking about doing a whimsicott next, (a pokémon I really like but I don't have any room for it in my team at the moment) Plus, he's the sorta main character in the MD fic, so if I draw whimsicott, I've got banner material right there.

I made an account and made a somewhat boring, yet passable profile, but seeing as I'm not allowed to use an avatar or upload stories yet (gotta wait two days to prevent "spam") I've pretty much got nothing to do on it. http://www.fanfiction.net/~abaretosanami

Well then, prepare to get whipped in July, I hope you've brought your masochism.

I have it that Pat Burnham (Mr. Pokémon's REAL name) has awful parents who send him away to his grandparents in Pallet Town because they don't want him to train pokémon ('cos his dad doesn't like them) Lo and Behold, he meets a young Samuel Oak and the two go have adventures. Anyway, Pat gets loadsa stick 'cos his dad murdered some people, so (from a prompt by the MC's) he changes his name and moves away for a while, then moves back with a new name and a beard.
    ----------
    Ooh, that fic with that one title I really like? Sounds awesome. Always wanted to read it but never found the time or couldn't get into it.
    ----------
    Nah, it's another fic (I'm not going to mention the name of it; he wanted to put it behind him - and after reading it, I did as well). Yeah, and The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World is an amazing satire fic. It's a fic I'd nominate for Best Comedy if bobandbill's parody of Orre wasn't there.

----------
    Haha. =P No, but even if you did, it's understandable. It's such a cutie. ^^ If Mew had a gender, what do you think it'd be? Wait, is there more than one Mew currently? I think there were more before ...?
    ----------
    Probably female, but I've seen some great male Mews in fanfiction, so it's really debatable. I don't know if there's more than one Mew, though. I don't know if I could handle all that cuteness. :p

----------
    I'm good, just crazy busy hanging with friends. Went on a really random Vegas trip this Friday and came back Sunday for Father's Day. Tuesday went down the California Coast to check out a few beaches. Today I'm going to House of Blues. Tomorrow is a wedding. It's been fun, but I really do want to brainfart in front of the TV. =P
    ----------
    Wow. That's a lot of things to do. I've only been to Vegas once (and that was just the airport; I couldn't believe that they had slot machines inside the airport, of all things), but it must have been amazing for you. And you have beaches, a House of Blues, and a wedding? Makes my summer look very, very tame in comparison.
    Hey, it's fine. Don't worry about it. :)

----------
    Oh right. I really forgot how nifty a pokemon smeragle is (I feel like a lot of other people forget that too, but maybe I have never chance on a smeragle-based fic).
    ----------
    Someone actually did make a Smeragle be the main Pokemon of the main character in their fic (Cutlerine). Ironically enough, it just happened to be the fic that scared me half to death.

----------
    Yeah, Mew is adorable with its giggly face. =D
    ----------
    Yeah. And its cute high-pitched voice...I probably sound like a rabid fangirl, don't I? XD

I'm fine. I moved in a little while ago, got a summer job at a local clothing store, and I got to see a couple of old friends that I went to school with years ago. And how are you faring?
    I love how it came out, I uploaded the photo onto my computer from my phone (as that's the best camera I have, thus the only way of getting them on there) and it was kinda blurry around the edges so I had to be careful when overlaying the black lines. I also discovered a straight line tool for the paint brush (evidence of which you can see on the icicle horns and on the patterns on the arms) which helped make it look a lot cleaner. That picture is now the background on my laptop. It was mostly for fun but I could use it for something if I really wanted, I started writing a Mystery Dungeon fic for some reason and there's a Froslass in it.

Yeah, I was looking at some of the stuff over there and it looks pretty cool the way you can search for stuff, even shippings. (And how there isn't a single Gardenia/Celebi fic on ff.net, which means I officially claim it in my name) I might check it out next chance I get (or at least sign up as a bare minimum)

Funny? Dark Moments? Long? Reminds me of PR: CoF. Looks like I have something to read, yay!

You saying you have the skills to defeat me? Do you KNOW how much time I have on my hands? I am a master of review-fu, I'm in and out of there before the author even knows it, you'll just see a review sitting like it's been there all along.

Mr. Pokémon was someone I always wanted to look more closely at, firstly who's named Mr. Pokémon? Surely that can't be his real name and he obviously has close ties to various PokéProfs, so he must be an educated man himself. He also drinks tea out of a nerdy mug :B
    Sorry Mistress, I bow to your divinity.

*le bow*

I did enjoy the mini-forum explosion, even if it was just in the café. Good times were had by all though.

Whilst you recuperate, I'll just slip these in here, a Drawing and the Fully Coloured version.
    ----------
    I actually forgot about Smeragle as a pokemon and as something DNA-related. How so?
    ----------
    Sketch. The ability to copy any move that isn't in its genetic makeup, including Transform. Smeargle pretty much alters its DNA every time it uses Sketch.

----------
    Mew is kind of mischievous and playful, right? I think it messed around with a few pokemon in the movies it appeared in.
    ----------
    It messed around with Team Rocket and Ash (I still think that its reaction after popping the bubble it used to save Ash with was the most adorable thing I've ever seen in a Pokemon movie) as well, so I can see what you're saying. Thank you. :)

Edit: I just realized that I misspelled "chromosomes". Oops. :(
    One of the days I might sign up and post up all of my old one-shots for pure funsies, and to have them archived somewhere else in case SPPf goes boom. If I do, expect a VM saying "BREEEZEEHHH! How duz it wurk!!?" and a multitude of sad faces.

Speaking of FF.net, I was reading the reviews for Lull (yes, I liked your fic so much I wanted to see if other people liked it) and I saw you mention a fic called Pedestal, I did some digging on google and found it on FF.net, so basically the question is, "what's the deelio with Pedestal?" I just don't want to start reading and get annoyed considering it IS over 100 chapters long.

"But Diddy!", I hear you scream, "Aren't you an avid follower of EonMaster1's fics? A guy who's one chapter could easily be split into two or three smaller ones, thus making Advent Phoenix roughly 200 chapter long?"

Well, yeah, but I know his stuff is good. I need references.

Yes Breezy, but as old farty veterans, we get certain privileges. Like leniency from other members, we could probably post Hemingway-esque "For Sale. Baby's shoes, never worn" stuff in the main section and get away with it. 'Cos it's ART! If a noob tried that, he'd get locked so fast his head would spin. We also have other members that know that we've been around for a while so people are more inclined to listen to our opinions.

I actually remember me and Zadros brainstormed a reviewing challenge a while back (think it was last year around Valentine's Day) we posted it in the authors café and urged for people to participate in a holiday reviewing challenge. I'm all for doing that again. Plus, I could so kick your behind.
    Will half-naked chick do? There actually is a half-naked chick at the very beginning of the first chapter. Oddly enough, At the start of Chapter 18 (where I've just gotten to now) it has been exactly a month in the fic world.

I wouldn't say the pokéball is important in a sense, but it's creation was definitely an important event for the world (I know the anime has 300 year old pokéballs but that's just silly) I always preferred the modified apricorn thing and that pokéballs are kinda recent. Pokéballs are a big deal and because of how expensive they are, it's pretty much only Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Top Trainers who can afford to use them freely. I also use the past thing to make sly references to G/S/C. Random backstory for Mr. Pokémon anyone?

Deary me, if I can't stay under 2000 characters for this, then I would seriously suck at twitter ¬_¬
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…