• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Joltik-Kid
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Me too. I tend to use Pokemon not generally used often in competitive battling, though I usually wind up paying for it. I can beat Torpoleon, though.

A couple of my friends have become like that too. It's sad.
    Yep, all nice.

Yeah, you don't need to take my ranking seriously either. I like a lot of them more out of nostalgia then anything else.
    Yeah, guess that's true.

The main reason I like Meganium so much is nostalgia, honestly. It was my starter and main Pokemon in the first Pokemon game I ever got, Crystal. That's a good deal why I like it so much. Fun fact: As with all starters, Chikorita has an 87.5% chance of being male, 12.5% chance of being female. Out of all the playthroughs of games I've done using Chikorita, I've never once had a male.

And it seems we have quite different tastes. And I'd be up for a PBR battle sometime, but I'm gonna be busy clear up through next week.
    So basically, that leaves Metagross, Brongzong, Scizor, Forretress, Wormadam, Escavalier, Durant, Genesect, Sableye, Spiritomb, and Jellicent as resistant. A pretty good combo, though no QuakeEdge.

Yeah, I know all that, but as I said, a Pokemon's stats and ability in competitive play don't affect how much I like it. I still have Meganium as my starter and best Pokemon in Heartgold and Torterra leads my first (and only) competitive team, which I use for battling on PBR.

Just for fun, here's how I'd rank each starter evolution from favorite to least:

Grass
    1/2. Meganium/Sceptile (Tie)
    3. Torterra
    4. Serperior
    5. Venusaur

Fire
    1. Infernape
    2. Charizard
    3. Blaziken
    4. Typhlosion
    5. Emboar

Water
    1. Samurott
    2. Empoleon
    3. Blastoise
    4. Feraligatr
    5. Swampert

Yours?
    QuakeEdge is about the best you can get.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I personally like Meganium, Sceptile, and Torterra all better than Serperior, but I still love Serperior.
    Well, Surf and Return give Water/Normal coverage, which nothing resists but Empoleon and Jelilcent.

Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Swampert, Torterra,, Empoleon, and Emboar all have enormous bulk, which would help make an earthquake, and Sceptile, Blaziken, Infernape, and Samurott all have enough raw power to shake the ground, but Serperior seems to be the most lacking of them all in that raw power.
    Huh, I'd never seen a Samurott with that set before. Mine has Surf, Megahorn, Ice Beam, and Return.

And yes, that is pretty bad. Though honestly, I don't see how Serperior could use Earthquake.
    Never mind. I found someone who wants a Froslass and I have it.

Sorry that I keep on changing my mind.
    OK. I'll check it now. Hopefully I'm not too late.......

EDIT: Did you put it in?

EDIT2: My brother has a Hitmontop, so I got his. Now I only need a Vespiquen. Do you have a Female Combee or a Vespiquen?
    My favorite overall is Grovyle. My favorite from the 5th Gen is probably a tie between Oshawott and Samurott.
    OK, so how would it work with the GTS? You just send it and I'll check to see if you offered it? Who are you going to want in return? How about.......Heracross?
    Alright. Although, do you still have the Hitmontop in SS? Maybe you could transfer it to your White and then give it to me?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…