• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've actually made the Medical Examiner a necromancer. His name's Patch, he lives in the autopsy room and is rarely ever seen haha. I'm not sure if he could do dinosaurs though. :p
    Dolphin? I suppose that... is a mammal, true. I would stick to something like bat or pangolin, though, because the mutations of a dolphin wouldn't really fit well into a land-based game. As for a bat, though... wings, echo-location, cute ears, you couldn't go wrong!

If done well, a pangolin would work- however, the more adverse the physical side of the mutation (will they be covered in scales?) the more likely it is that the character would find life tricky to fit in.
    I shouldn't see why not. Just as long as you are confident in your ability to handle them both yourself then it should be fine.
    You seemed interested before, so the BlazBlue RP is up now.

EDIT: And Sequel beat me to the punch... Oh well, twice the advertisement.
    Sorry for eavesdropping but Mana could discover the syringe as his evoker accidentaly. He gets hurt, and Wulfgards needs to put Mana under an anesthethyc for some reason, and voila, Alica appears. Or smth.

He could get a non fatal injury that still hurts like hell, for example. And being a pharmacist, Wulfgards bound to bring medicine to the CoM.
    Haha, yeah. He's the exception.

They do indeed have it on Baka BT. There are Higurashi, Higurashi Kai, Higurashi Rei (a 5-ep OVA series), and then Umineko. If you have the free hard drive space, grab the 720 Umineko, as its the DVD release and is therefore uncensored. The violence isn't that bad (relatively speaking) but the blurrs get annoying.

Yep. But 1 TB looks pretty small when you're going after 720p video. I've got over 500 GB of anime, and at least another 200 GB on my list to obtain, including over 100 GB of Gundam series. Code Geass (both seasons) by itself if over 24 GB.

Sort of. You have the option of making one under your abilities section, but its not a specific section of the sign-up.

Jeez, some people get crazy. That sounds like a cool costume though. I'm just fine watching the coverage on TV.
    Yep, a Seagull. The "Black-tailed Gull" specifically I think.

Yeah, I think you'll like the "When They Cry" series. Start with Higurashi. Then Umineko. If you don't like them, I'll eat my hat.

Yeah, I knew that that was how it ended. Learning all the specifics just made me not want to watch it anymore since I now knew that things weren't going to get any better.

I know right? Kids in cereal commercials are jerks.

I use an external hard drive. A 1 TB external hard drive. That's over half full.

We did bios for the characters. (well, Wordy did the bios, I wrote up the plot summary) and then we're doing limited sign-ups for our new characters as well, though I may expand them to full sign-ups for examples sake.

But yeah, hopefully we'll have it up tomorrow.

I've only ever been to one Con. AWA in Atlanta. It's not anywhere near the size of Comic-Con or anything, but it was fun.
    K-On! is amazing. My favorite light and fluffy show of all time.

Umineko is actually a kind of seagull. Strange name I know, but yeah. So Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is literally "When the Cicada's Cry" and Umineko is literally "When the Seagull's Cry". Both names have meaning.

I havn't seen Darker than BLACK. I've been meaning to check it out, but Dark stuff doesn't make it too high on my list if I have other things waiting. Elfen Lied was too much for me. That opening sequence to the first episode ensured that I would never watch it.

I collect manga, but only if I liked the anime. The manga is usually better, and since I don't have too much time to read or space to hold books, I only grab the manga if I really liked the anime or if their is no anime. Right now, I'm collecting the K-On!, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and Yotsoba&! mangas, though Toradora! and Azumanga Daioh are also on my list to grab.

I'm to hopeful for that. If he started out that way, but eventually had a Heel Face Turn at some point, it'd be okay, but he didn't. (I never finished watching it, but I know how it ends.)

My watch list now consists of: Madoka Magica, Yumekui Merry, Dragon Crisis, A-Channel, Gundam Wing, a re-watch of Code Geass (first time in English dub), and Mahou Shouho Lyrical Nanoha among others. I've got over 500 GB of anime, most it I have yet to watch, so plenty to keep me busy.

As soon as I can get in touch with Wordy, we'll finalize the sign-ups and get them posted. So... probably tomorrow.
    Freudian excuses aren't real excuses. That's just a way of claiming away something bad that you did. You can say it made you want to do it, but it didn't make you do it. There's a difference.

If you like mind screws, you'll like Higurashi and Umineko. They are both essentially a series of mind screws contained within a larger mind screw.

I'm into super light a lot of times. Like K-On!, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Lucky Star, and so on. Toradora! was a really good drama too. Very realistic in how it played out I think.

Exactly, his original goal was to kill everyone evil, a morally gray, but debatebly good cause. that quickly devolved into kill everyone who crosses him, then to kill everyone who got in his way, and so on. So he went from morally gray to completely black. I like morally gray as well, it gives a lot of good debate possibilities, but Death note, in my opinion, threw all that away pretty quickly as Light threw his ideals to the wind and became exactly what he hated. All this before the halfway point in the series as well.

Feel free to use my anime list for reference. Like I said, Anything I've given 4 or more stars to, I recommend, and its got art samples, plot summaries, and other info on there if you click the names. Hetalia was interesting. Its done up like little shorts though, so its hard to follow unless you actually know some world history. Even then, there's not really a plot at all. Its all character driven comedy, which isn't bad, but its too long for me to finish when there's so many other shows out there.
    Takamagahara translates as "High Plain of Heaven". It is essentially the original dwelling place of the kami, though obviously its played differently in BlazBlue.

Well, at least the 3DS can still play DS games...

Hmmm, you're a bit different from me than. I prefer more light-hearted themes, and I love comedies, "Moe" shows, dramas, and such. I also love Mecha and have a rather picky taste in dark/horror shows. I havn't watched any of those you listed except Black Rock Shooter, which I thought was pretty good, and Soul Eater, which was amazing, though Ergo Proxy has been on my list for a while. I couldn't watch Death Note. A lot of people get caught up in the back and forth between Light and L, but they fail to realize that the entire thing could have been completely avoided if Light had simply not given in to his ego and killed that stand in. After that, Light just descended further and further into Villain Protagonist territory, and he got a little too evil for my tastes, so I stopped watching cause I no longer cared what happened to him. Heck, I was hoping at that point that someone would kill him.

But I digress. I don't have too much dark stuff under my belt, but I do recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Both are good mixes of horror and comedy (believe it or not) with good plots. And Mood Whiplash galore.

For dramas... I'd recommend you Angel Beats! or Clannad. Angel Beats! would probably be more your style, but I always recommend Clannad. They are by Key actually, and both are excellent dramas.

If you like comedies, I recommend Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Its a very smart, very clever comedy show that focuses on Black Comedy, political satire, anime references, and parodying its own tropes. It also has three seasons and an OVA series between each season and the next, so plenty to watch.
    Rachel is an Observer. Takamagahara is the Observer of Observers. They take Observing to a whole new level.

Yeah, the troll both was amazing. The new one with Valk is pretty funny too.

VOICE ACTING! Hazzah! I only wish the battle screen would have shifted to make use of the 3D. Still, tons of new demons, full voices, and the 8th day endings. Lots to look forward too.

Just DS huh? Darn. I got a 3DS a little while back, and i'm still looking for good 3D games. That would've been a good one. But, I'm getting it anyways. I mean, its Devil Survivor 2. That's pretty much all I needed to know.

I recommend anything in the My Anime List link at the bottom of my sig, especially those I have ranked at 4 or more stars. But If you're looking for something more specific... what genres do you particularly like? What are some series you liked? I can recommend better suggestions based on that. I'm an anime afficianado.
    This CoM will be spent getting people to learn what their Evokers are. A stupidly high amount of the cast doesn't use them, so I'm anticipating Wulfgard going around asking those that can what they are afraid of, what makes them happy, what can pull somthing strong from them. Any emotion. What does a bloody syringe pull from Mana? Fear? Empowerment?
    Persona lessons take place at night. It's on the field training really.
    A bit dangerous, but hey...
    Also, as of tomorrow, I'll be removing between 3 to 5 members from the RP. Those who haven't posted on the RP thread or the Convo thread, or those who have posted on the Convo thread and still refuse to post otherwise.

Zinc don't take no sh!t from nobody.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…