• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Spi Jirachi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi! How's it going? Remember me? Of course not! But I'm sure there's a deep ingrained burn in the inner recesses of your subconscious that will scream "OH NO, IT'S THE REQUEST GUY!" Upon reading this VM!

Yes, I was one of the frequent readers of yours and Secretmew's work way back in late 06. Sad to see Secretmew's activity die down the way it has, I must say. He was one of my greatest inspirations and influences in the past six years I've spent working on... Well, stuff.

I can't really say anything I've made is worthy of posting here, because it isn't. Over half a decade I've spent perfecting a virtually dead art, and while my overall skill has improved by leaps and bounds, I still have a long way to go in the writing department.

If it's any clarification, I'm the individual who asked your permission to use a couple of neat sprite sheets years and years ago. They have served me well in my failing endeavors, although I've recently tried adding a shirt on one of them for color blending purposes.

Anyway, I was going to try and ask if it would be fine to send you a friend request or something, but I think one isolated and obscure incident six years in the past is hardly worth your time. It is to me, but I attach too much sentimental value to everything.

Regardless, I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy your work. I'd love to check out your game, but I'm currently running a low-power mac right now, and will have to dedicate time to using the PC on the weekend.
    Hahah! Awesome! It's great to hear from you, and great to know that you still fondly remember the old days! I loved the SPPf game, incomplete as it all may be. What a fantastic way to pay tribute to all the awesome people who were around at the time (most of whose names I forget; you're one of the few I remember very distinctly!) Looks like you've come up with some neat mechanics as well!

Ah, those were the days, weren't they? It always felt like we really were a community, living on some SPPf planet together. Which is a huge part of what makes your game so awesome. I had similar ideas myself. If you can believe it, I had an idea for an off-Broadway musical about the forums. I had a brilliant idea for costume design (grey and normal while in the "real world," vibrant, strange and beautiful while in our "virtual world") and knew exactly what the opening number was going to be: Do Us A Favor (Read the Rules). But I couldn't figure out a good angle from which to approach the plot.

Heheheh, good times. Anyway, it's great to know you're still alive and kicking. Thanks for sharing your game with me; it really shows off your design skills, and will be a great addition to your portfolio.

Great to hear from you! Take care!

MC
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…