• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Griff4815
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks, I hope so.

Yeah, its kinda harsh. Especially since once you know you're going to lose a battle, no matter how badly, you still have to go ahead and finish it. But other than that little technicality, its actually a pretty good game.
    I've just submitted a request for the Kagero banner to the Mew Universe shop, so we should have that soon, hopefully.
    Heh, I'll make sure to keep an eye on it and snatch up a spot.

Yep, just for diversity and equal representation. I'll probably have either Gwynn the Ripper or Amon for the Dark Irregulars banner, Death Rex for Tachikaze and Barking Manticore for Pale Moon.

That's what prompted the 'JURASSIC ARMY ARE DECK STACKING' from me. It annoyed me to a great degree, honestly.

True, but the issue there that really... he didn't seem so afraid. He was going on about beating Kai meaning he'd be better than Ren pretty much every moment outside the actual Cardfight he was onscreen... so yeah. And there is the implication that Ren did something to him.

Yeah... it's a pity. Asaka was a bit of a jerk too, not to the extent of Kyou, but she was nasty.

Yeah, I like nice rival characters. Just because they and the mains will probably have to face off doesn't mean they have to be total jerks about it.
    I think once the shop you got your Deckerdramon banner from opens up, I'll request the second Vanguard club banner from there, the Kagero one with Dragonic Overlord. I'll probably go for the Set 1 artwork of Overlord, this one. I just like how dynamic Overlord looks in that one. And then I'll probably request the OTT Amaterasu and Nova Grappler Asura Kaiser banners from the same place.

Then I need to start requesting other banners... I think I'll go by the Clans in the order they were released, so Grand Blue and Spike Brothers afterwards. I'll probably have Basskirk for the Grand Blue banner, and Zaifreet for Spike Brothers.
    Hm, yeah. Their first guy did it when Aichi nearly won with Soul Saver, and the second managed it against Misaki.

I've finished Episode 31 and Ren took a level in creepiness with whatever he did to that brat of a teammate of his. Alright, this was the first time I felt Kai should've piledrived an opponent into the dust with 'Final Turn', Double Critical Trigger (the white-haired Foo Fighters guy was -really- obnoxious), but still, watching him shaking like that is quite scary to watch. And the scary part is... did Ren actually cause it or not? It's implied he did... but... I don't know. That's what makes it scary.

Asaka vs. Misaki was quite good though. I like Pale Moon (I've been using them on CFC a bit lately) so even though it was nasty for Misaki to lose, it was at least to a Clan I like playstyle-wise. And Tetsu is so far the Team Foo Fighters member I like the most (he seems a lot more respectful than white-haired brat and Asaka, and right now I'm torn about Ren due to stuff) so yeah. I also like Dark Irregulars, I just don't use them because as a Clan once I started using them, I found them impractical.

Heh, Koutei is pretty cool. I'm calling it, in Devil's Mirror at some point, Gladiator Beast user called Koutei just for the reference! But yeah. I like that guy. He seems to be quite nice really, which is what I like. I mean, even when I was seething about the Double Heal Trigger with Jurassic Army, their salute to Team Q4 redeemed them slightly for me.

Onto Episode 32! Aichi vs. Tetsu! Royal Paladins vs. Dark Irregulars!
    JURASSIC ARMY MUST BE DECK STACKING.

(Sorry, but that's how much not one, but TWO sixth Damage Heal Triggers pissed me off. It's so unbelieveably cheap, it should not happen twice for the same team!)

Also, isn't Ren playing on three teams cheating? I'm sure it must be somehow.

Just finished Episode 28, with the end result I am very very annoyed about Jurassic Army. But Team Foo Fighters look interesting, and Koutei (the Team Caesar guy) seems quite interesting and likeable. I'll look forward to seeing him again later, maybe with some Roman-themed Clan.
    I'll be giving it another shot after I finish Wing and Turn A. (And maybe X).

Its an RPG. The battles are turn based, and kinda like Disgaea. The story takes place over 5 generations, so it pretty long, and the overworld is essentially a map with various points along the way. So to get from A to B, you'd have to go through 2-5 battle points. The battles just take some time however because there is no retreat mechanic. Once you are in a battle, it keeps going until all enemies are dead or everyone on your side is dead.
    Not yet, It'll be another day at least. And no, I haven't seen all of SEED, just the first 5-6 episodes.

Yeah it is. Its really time consuming though. Its a good game, but it takes so long to get anything accomplished.
    Yeah. I will keep checking up, just on the off chance it does turn up again.

Yeah. You can put in all the flashy action you like, but if the reader doesn't connect to the characters, it's just kind of worthless, I suppose. As for the mecha anime inspiration, I don't watch much mecha anime, so I can't really see the shout-outs.

Not yet. I'll start now. Where are we up to with Vanguard episodes? 31-ish, isn't it?
    Yeah. I will keep checking up, just on the off chance it does turn up again.

Yeah. You can put in all the flashy action you like, but if the reader doesn't connect to the characters, it's just kind of worthless, I suppose. As for the mecha anime inspiration, I don't watch much mecha anime, so I can't really see the shout-outs.

Not yet. I'll start now. Where are we up to with Vanguard episodes? 31-ish, isn't it?
    I know. I've just put a link in my sig, which might get some more advertising. I've been checking on the art shop I requested the Soul Saver banner from, apparently the guy I requested it from has gone AWOL and vanished. I'll keep checking up though.

Hm, yeah. Shimo is basically the light-hearted protagonist foil to the stoic one archetype. But deep down, he has his own dark side. I'm trying to go for what Vanguard does, where everyone has their deeper issues and flaws. Even Migi and Shimo do, and they're arguably the more light-hearted cast members. As for Misaki and Himawari, yeah. Kagi also owes a bit to Misaki, though she's more the troubled side. Yeah, that. I've partly alluded to it by having Migi notice these brief flickers behind the Kaiser's eyes, if you get my meaning. Migi's quite perceptive, and he's in-tune with stuff. It's how he could tell something was up with Himawari. So he notices the tiny flaws in the guy's mask, and he gets these small glimpses which tell him there's something behind the mask, but not enough to tell what. Yeah... oh god. As for references in terms of mecha anime, a couple of Yusei's Synchros are mecha references, Drill Warrior is a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Junk Destroyer is apparently a reference to something too. Not sure what else.

I will.

I know, yeah. I'm not going to let it happen if I can prevent it though. That would be a massive disservice to what we've all accomplished together.
    Thanks. I've wanted to get that club active again.

Ah, you mean Miwa? Yeah. I like him. He partly inspired Shimo from Devil's Mirror, so yeah. I'm getting a bit of inspiration from Vanguard for characters, Himawari is at least partially inspired by Misaki as far as general personality and her Deck theme go, given the OTT Japanese mythology references (Himawari's Amaterasu card is based on CEO Amaterasu appearance-wise in any case). Migi isn't really Kai-inspired, but in the chapter I'm just writing, I've just had him sort-of meet the latest Kaiser, who is half-Kai, half-Lance from Armored Core All as One. I might write something from this Kaiser's POV at some point just to experiment with the Dark Passenger concept. I think Miwa cardfights in the manga though... can't remember what he used though. As for Gundam, apparently there were quite a few Gundam references in later-5D's. Yusei glowing golden when he summoned Shooting Quasar Dragon is apparently a... G-Gundam reference. And yes, Yusei won. Of course. Though actually... bizarrely... I liked how he won. It wasn't with Stardust or an evolution. He went back to the basics. He won the same way he won the very first 5D's duel. With Junk Warrior.

OH hell god Yoshida needs to watch Vanguard. He needs to learn. I am actually going to watch one of Yoshida's non-YGO works to see if his issues are inherent, or if it's the demands of Konami for marketing which screws him over. So I'll start watching either Speed Grapher or Sacred Seven at some point to judge that.

Yes. If it died, I think all our hopes for the future would go down with it. I'm not ready to let go just yet.
    Yeah. I've edited a new topic into my last post in the Vanguard club, if you want to answer it. It's actually inspired by this discussion.

It is... oh, without a doubt Griff, it is. That's why I love it even though the overarching plot was just whispers and hints for twenty-two episodes before Aichi predicted his Soul Saver draw and the supernatural was confirmed. That's what hooked me. The card game is brilliant yes, but I wouldn't have shed YGO so readily if the anime hadn't been so unequivocally awesome. Yes, that's exactly it. It doesn't need the overarching Ren plot so much -because- they work so well with the characters. As for Yusei... urgh. Just urgh. There's a reason by the end people were calling him 'Jesus Fudo'. I don't know whether to be glad the dub's not subjecting its viewers to the Ark Cradle arc or not, since his most overwhelming asspull moment, the most situational and stupid trap in the franchise, the most blatantly deus ex machina-esque Speed Spell of all, and Yoshida's overwhelming trollishness are all located in that arc. As for the supporting characters, in 5D's? No. They don't. Not really. The closest they get is Leo becoming the Sixth Signer with Life Stream Dragon, and the final duel of the series being Jack vs. Yusei. Just guess who wins.

Heh, that's what I like. IT makes you wonder.

All as One is yeah... good, I suppose. I'll probably try and post in DA tomorrow once I'm caught up with Vanguard. See if I can be the one who breaks the dam down.
    I'm not. I'll need to... I'll do that tomorrow.

Is he? On second thought, don't spoil me. I'll see myself.

Yeah... that accident is just... one of my Vanguard-watching friends commented he didn't expect them to actually show it... but it added this tragic element of humanity to it, I think. Having all those people stood in silence and just watching added this sad element of tragedy to it... it made it believeable. I've heard it said many times, and I uphold this belief, that realism is Vanguard's strength. The cast are very much realistic. You get these beautiful looks at Aichi, and his friends, and the others. And honestly, it's what I love about Vanguard. And when you feel that their misfortunes and flaws are so very human... it adds something to it that no level of flashy overthetopness can replicate. When you've had someone close to you die, and you can sympathize with Misaki, it adds so much to the experience. You feel closer to the characters... and this, I will always say, was the bane of 5D's. We were too detached from the heroes because Yoshida concentrated on marketing the game, symbolism and overthetop spectacles. I found myself sympathizing with the 'villains'. And it all went downhill.

Yes, very much. What I liked was that Episode 24 added an aspect of added meaning to earlier scenes as well as revealing true things behind them. It made certain things make more sense, like Misaki not taking over for Aichi at Regionals even when she got there. You could even think into it and wonder if she was intentionally late to avoid cardfighting, and basically hoped Aichi, Kai and Kamui could carry the games for Team Q4.

Not sure, honestly.
    Yeah, I know. It is quite hard to watch, really... just for being so sad. And the way Misaki slowly falls apart is on one level fascinating, on another very much horrifying. But the most hard-hitting moment for me in the entire episode was definitely younger Misaki in the shop when Shin comes bursting in, and the way she's just stunned for a moment then her face just goes full-on horror is... heartbreaking to watch, to say the least. That episode definately didn't pull its punches. Not one bit...

And part of the tragicness of it is that after watching it, you start to see Fridge Brilliance earlier on. There's a comment in an earlier episode about Shin buying Misaki a new outfit (can't remember the context). Seems innocent enough at the time, but after that episode... same with Misaki's aversion to Vanguard (the card-dropping incident back in Episode 4 tends to get analyzed to death over this now).
    Funny that you compare him to Kai, heh. But yeah, it's also the feeling I had. I also think Ren is meant to be the Anti-Aichi, if you know what I mean. His true Deck is Dark Paladins, he's very confident, he's mysterious, his appearance is pretty polar-opposite Aichi... yeah. I do like him though.
    I might post here some, but don't get your hopes up.
    I'm mainly here to screencap lulzy stuff.
    Seems like this place still has its fair share of douchebags.

Also, why are you not a Mod yet.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…