• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh, no problem at all!

Yes, I expect such a thing. However, I knew making a factual criticism of the APA--even though it isn't likely to be enough to convince anyone--is more reasonable than just expressing disbelief in the APA.
    ----------
    And so Alleviate is back.

There really is a God, after all.
    ----------
    I don't see how that makes any sense. It actually implies the opposite.
    Well I'm glad the events of your summer have settled down happily for you. And this place is certainly good for wasting time, aha.
    Actually, I'd say you helped me quite a bit. I was planning a response with some more questions, but I have a bad habit of being less active on the forums on the weekend...and then usually on Monday also.

Of course, I did forget some of what I wanted to ask, so it may take me a few days to collect my thoughts. And I'm trying to start a new debate (or two if I can get the necessary permission). Anyway, thanks again for your help!
    I know a few people with families such that dinner with the folks does entail both a loose woman and strong drink, hachachacha. Do you still expect to become a rapscallion some time? I'm more of a jazzshallot myself.

Oh, and look at the abortion debate now, will you? How many people were ganging up on you - four? Five? I feel somewhat at fault for that. =X

In the spirit of making amends while laughing at the debate section's foibles, please enjoy the following:

Four rabbis frequently argued theology together, to the effect that three always ended up in accord against the fourth. This fourth old rabbi decided to appeal to a higher authority. "God!" he cried, "I know in my heart I am right and they are wrong. Please give me a sign to prove it to them!"

Though it was a bright and sunny day, the moment the rabbi finished his plea, a storm cloud formed above the rabbis, rumbled once, and immediately dissipated. "A sign from God! See, I am right!" explained the odd-rabbi-out. But the other three disagreed, pointing out that it's not inconceivable for storm clouds to form on sunny days.

So the rabbit prayed again. "O God, I need a bigger sign to convince these men they are wrong. Please, give us a bigger sign!" And this time, four large storm clouds swelled up in an instant and shot a blazing bolt of lightning into a lone tree atop a nearby hill.

"I told you I was right!" the rabbi exclaimed, but his companions insisted that nothing had happened that could not be explained by natural causes.

The frustrated rabbi was about to pray to God for another, larger, more convincing sign of the truth, but just as he said, "Oh, God...," the sky above the rabbis turned pitch-black, the earth shook, and a deep, booming voice intoned, "HEEEEEE'S RIIIIIIGHT!"

The rabbi put his hands on his hips, turned to the other three, and said, "Well?"

"So," shrugged one of the other rabbis, "now it's three to two."
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…