• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In my opinion, Lighting is the hardest part of any production. I wish you worked on my shows. Where are you going to school?
    I "work" for my college's TV station. It doesn't pay... well, except in experience. I work on a show called "Project 8", in which I make short films, music videos, documentaries, ect. I also help produce the show, operate cameras during filming, and am the floor manager.

Now that you know what I do, what do you do? I, myself, had always been curious about the parallels between television and Theatre production.
    Same, I just love meat. I'll be like that if I have to live alone. I'll live off McDonald's and takeaway pizzas (not that there's anything wrong with that :p)

Same! It's really ridiculous but sometimes I sit in class and daydream about food. I need a life.
    I really don't get not eating meat. It's not like it stops the animals getting killed, it just means that less of the dead animals get eaten. Bit silly but there we go. I REALLY LOVE STEAK. Steak is just the best thing ever. Well done of course, not having any of that 'medium rare' crap.

Conversations about meat when it's nearing 1 in the morning. My life = ♥
    Absolutely awesome. So good live, and Adam is just the cutest thing imaginable. Support acts were pretty meh, but oh well.
    And nope, I'm not a vegetarian but I just don't like bacon :') I don't particularly like pork either. I like beef though.
    Ew bacon.
    Eh not much really, I went to see Owl City the other week - awesome night. Apart from that it's just been school and the internet :')
    Yourself?
    Are the productions you are working on for TV/Movies or Theatrical? I am just curious because I do production of my colleges TV station.
    This is a school assignment/production, or like an internship experience thing? How does this work? It certainly sounds exciting, knowing that the things you learned and the skills you're using are really playing an integral part in a real, actual production. That kind of responsibility, for some part of the world that affects multiple people's lives, is always so thrilling, imo.
    They must be, or we'd see mastodons strolling up Pennsylvania avenue all the time.

Spoooooookz, have fun doing lighting things in theaters~
    I was making a crack at the career I'm going into. I want to be a screenwriter/storyboard artist for Pixar or somesuch after leaving college. You know, when the "take over the world" thing doesn't work out.

It would be something like "Thor & Tesla Lightning Company" and...

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER AND IT NEEDS TO START EXISTING RIGHT NOW.
    If you asked him, he would just say you "don't understand American humor" before flipping you off and then running to steal some inventions and electrocute an elephant. And let's just leave his involvement with the film industry alone. And I initially read that as "lightning designer" and immediately wondered if you were employed by Thor. A lighting designer sounds like a pretty cool job, but I don't know anything about the job so my words are mostly empty. At least you're not going into the business of film story-boarding, though. /self-deprecation

Oh, man, I'm even worse. I don't even have Netflix. No, I don't know how I survive. Sheer dumb luck, perhaps? It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma covered in puzzle sauce.
    Not a problem, my personal "to read/watch/play/whatever" list is always expanding, and at a faster rate than I can shrink it. I've only done two out of the about...two, maybe three hundred items on that list (Animal Farm and 1984 (in progress on the latter), if you're curious).

Oh yeah, that's one condition you'll experience from reading TVTropes. Kinda like how reading Cracked makes you hate Thomas Edison and love Nikola Tesla.
    I've read a few of his short stories, and, if you want my personal thoughts on the matter (doubtful, but never you mind that), you should start with either Pickman's Model or At the Mountains of Madness. Pickman's Model is just under ten pages or so, and I might actually be able to fit it in a PM if needed. At the Mountains of Madness is his longest novel, and probably one of his best.

Also, I shall be sending you a friend request. Accept or decline at your leisure.
    Oh, well, here it goes, I guess.

First off, you need to know a little something about his author, one H. P. Lovecraft. Guy was freaking brilliant at writing horror stories. To the point where almost any horror author worth their salt was influenced by him. He was capable of utilizing his overly-florid writing style to the best of its ability, something that few authors can truthfully claim to do. He was also a notorious racist and held some antisemitic beliefs, but that's neither here nor there.

He basically created an entire mythos full of fictional deities, gods from outer space, and so on. (The "Yog-Sothoth Cycle", as he called it; the "Cthulhu Mythos" as everyone else called it) Yog-Sothoth was probably one of the most powerful of these deities, if not the most powerful (and wise). Yog-Sothoth was, in essence, all of space-time with more tentacles. It/he/she's in every point in space and time at once.

Or, better yet, check out it's Wikipedia article. Yeah, it has a ****ing Wikipedia article. That's should give you an idea about how influential Lovecraft is.
    The attention is probably because it's such a rarely expressed observation, even though it's a good and desirable one. Ideally, it'd be the norm, but meh.

As for the friend thing, uh... time anomaly caused by travelers from another dimension? =P
    It's honestly not that serious, it almost prides itself on striking a balance between silliness and seriousness. And having a hivemind mentality amongst its editors. And having no notability.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…