• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
V
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• A clan is a group of people (Serebii members in this case). There are many clans, but I'm a leader in the clan Primus et Ultimus (First and the Last). Basically, the main function of a clan is to bring together people who want to battle, breed, trade, or just chat and have fun. Being in a clan makes it much easier to find opponents or find help with various pokemon subjects. I first joined a clan earlier this year, and I've improved a lot since then. So if you want to improve with pokemon or you just want to have someone to chat with, a clan is definately something you should consider joining.
    Unfortunately, I don't. To remove Slaking's ability in a single battle, you'll have to hope your opponent accidentally does something to your advantage, like send out a Cofagrigus, use Skill Swap, Gastro Acid, and such, much like the strategies Moose gave you. Only in single battles, there's really no way to get rid of it yourself. At least, not that I know of.
    I've never heard of that strategy before, and I don't think it'll work. Pursuit is a dark-type move that has a power of 40 and does double damage to a pokemon that's attempting to out. So I don't think that person was right.
    I was going to answer your question in the Newbie Lounge, but I can see Moose already answered it. If there's anything else you'd like to know, like about the forums or about anything pokemon, you can come to either of us. :)

We're both leaders of a clan that strives to teach and train members to become better with pokemon. Feel free to check it out of you're interested.
    Welcome to Serebii. To answer your question (it's in the wrong place, so replying there may get me infracted :/), Slaking's ability prevents it from becoming Uber (the standard ban-list). It's possible to negate its ability in a double battle with Gastro Acid or Skill Swap, or through Mummy (probably other ways), but since any method of removing it requires multiple and predictable moves, Slaking is not considered a major threat. It's worth a shot, though, as I've seen some very well-done gimmick sets.

If you need anything else, let me know. I hope I was some help in answering your question.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…