• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks :3 Im doing fine, thanks :D still hope ur doing fine too..i will be sad if your upsad or something :3
    Lawls. Well thank you, then. I swear, I thought if anyone was ganna have a comment, it was ganna be something like "What?! Are you dumb or something?!" XD
    Gah character limits.

Guess I really did come off as a party pooper, and for that I apologize. If it's any consolation, a major reason why I locked it was also because people love to (and were already showing signs of doing so) use threads they don't understand to leave their standard unnecessary "WTF" post and leave (for +1 postcount or because they think they're funny, I'll never know), and I wanted to prevent that.

I hope you believe me when I say that I don't want to stomp on your creativity or shoot down chances of making obscure threads - God knows we need something other than evolution thread #9823892889 - but your chances at getting decent replies are much, much higher when you're working with something that PAD residents are at least likely to be familiar with and feel enticed to offer colorful arguments on. As I said, it's not only about "shielding" users from things they're unfamiliar with, but also about preventing smart-alecks from flooding your thread and dumping posts that you don't even want to see (and that might qualify for Spamming warnings for the members in question).
    Thanks for explaining. I had no idea you've frequently been confronted with locked threads before - your statistics only show one other closed thread, and that was in Misc - but now I see that it must have frustrated you. I apologize for snapping a little in my first VM.

I do feel like there's a slight difference between the Ashachu thread and yours - being that Ashachu is a phenomenon within the Pokémon fandom, so even people who didn't watch the episode were likely to have heard of it, since it's oddly popular despite the twenty-something-seconds-appearance of the character. Agree that the first post of that thread is lacking, though, and should've been designed to contain explanations for those who're unfamiliar with Ashachu. Ironically, the OP of the thread might actually be the one who's had to endure the most thread lockings within PAD so far - I think about 80% of his many, many threads didn't make it for various reasons - so I admit I might have been a little desperate and thought I'd had to spare at least some of his topics.

With your thread, it's a tiny bit more complicated - the origins of your homages are a little more sketchy since they're unrelated to Pokémon (and anime in general). There might also be an issue with the target group - as far as I know, the majority of PAD consists of young teens (~17, maybe?), while I'd peg the clips as aimed towards older teenagers and up. Only a guess, but it seems apparent that our most active members haven't watched them at least. Maybe I should've waited a little longer to see if anyone could relate to the topic, but when I see some of our most active members post with a question mark hovering over their head and some contacting me because they thought the thread didn't make sense, it becomes a little tricky ^^"
    What part of "People weren't even sure what to talk about" is so hard to understand? Being obscure is all fine and dandy, but people shouldn't have to hunt through the interwebs to even get the basics of a topic - it's your job to provide them with a decent amount of information they can derive their arguments from and incite a coherent discussion.

Personally, I think your OP was more suited as a post in the "If You Were in Charge of the Anime" thread, because you (apparently) have watched the clips that gave you the idea for the thread, so you could've illustrated how Ash would've worked with such a character and how this... drink thing would have come into play.

It wasn't my intention to signalize that obscure threads aren't welcome at all, but yours was difficult to work with because your memes/characters don't seem to be all that well-known within the population of PAD (note how most people were all "uhm... what?" about it, then awkwardly began listing flamboyant characters who have already appeared in the anime. I'm sure that's not how you imagined it). As a simple read-through of wikis that describe the phenomenon isn't going to make them so familiar with it that they're motivated to actually discuss it, they'd be forced to watch the clips in question first, and that's definitely too much to ask as a basic condition for being able to participate in a topic.
    Because I don't like it when people don't punctuate, or when they say haha instead of lol/trololol.
    basically, the magikarp salesman always tried to sell it as a super rare pokemon to Jessie and James, and then it turned out to be a useless magikarp :) and its just that it... isn't. And you buy it in the knowledge that it evolves into GYRADOS! (yay) In other words, me reliving my childhood when me and my brother pretended to be team rocket :p
    .....eww that's really creepy :(
    That isn't me, and that's my cat Charlie........*removes picture*
    If you don't mind can you link me to the page please?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…