• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 1/3rd through Albegra 1, I like it, its like a puzzle.

yeah, there was topic like "If some character would become Uber and steal Ichigo's spotlite who?" Hinamori, why don't people like her? Hinamori, Hinata, and ForteEXE are my favorite Anime/Manga characters 8D
    I'm really sorry for the late reply. :(

I hope you'll learn them soon! =) I should now study the katakanas, but I'm too lazy.

My German teacher gives us lots of homework & we have always tests, but still I can't learn anything. I'm a student, who reads for tests only at school on the day the test is. Yet, I have usually got 8-10.

Yes, it sounds neat. At Chirstmas there's only chocolate, and chocolate is fattening. >_<'

Yup, today I and my brother were shopping. We bought towels for mom & dad, and brother also bought me "Ace Attorney: Justice for all". I just love the word "Objection". =P What presents have you bought?

Congratulations for the Octillery! =D My favorite Pokémon is (probably) Glaceon & second is Toxicroak.

Here it comes on Saturday (at 9.15) & Sunday (8.05), but I'm often just too sleepy to wake up. I think the Sinnoh saga is the best of them. I like Team Galactic and Saturn is just the greatest. And Cyrus is crazy that is great. XD
    Yeah, really. >< I think the manga is still ongoing though... or is finished. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.
    First of all, you can't translate English to Japanese using NJStar. I use a Japanese dictionary and occassionally Babelfish (although I double check it in NJStar first before using it).
    Next of all, I think you're a little confused with the Japanese numbers. 3 is "san", 4 is "yon" and also "shi". That's right, it can be read the same as death which is why some Japanese consider it bad luck. Now, from what I've heard, "shi" and "shichi" (which are both used for the single digit number most of the time) can be interchanged with "yon" and "nana" respectively anywhere. I've confirmed it using NJStar, where typing "Jyuushi" and "Jyuuyon" will both show the kanji for fourteen. Same goes for "Jyuushichi" and "Jyuunana". I guess there isn't really much of a rule...
    You really know how to post...
    First, let's clear the Japanese issue of its writing system. Kanji is not what makes it sound english, you're thinking of Katakana. Kanji are picturesque symbols that originated from China. They are what give meaning to a set of Hiragana. Hiragana can be said to represent the alphabet of Japanese. Each symbol is a different syllable. Alone, they might not hold much meaning. No wait, that's wrong, they do hold a meaning but it can be tough trying to guess what it is since some words are pronounced the same as others while possessing completely different meanings.

As for the NJStar...I've checked the site and it doesn't offer a free download (wait, that was obvious...). I'll try to find out where I downloaded my version. I'll tell you when I find it.
    Oh, and pinyin is what Chinese uses to show how to pronounce words. I used it cause my friend told me she found it by using it.
    Yeah, I probably got it from somewhere else...I didn't know it had a main site. Would it help if I said that I used "pinyin typing download" to search for it at first?
    It depends on the "symbols". If you meant hiragana, it's perfectly alright. If you use kanji, the meaning would probably change entirely but it's a good way to provide a hidden meaning in a name.
    A perfect example would be Ichigo from Bleach. Ichigo would usually be taken to mean strawberry, but the kanji used to write his name mean "one" and "protect", collectively meaning "one who protects". (According to his dad anyway.)
    NJStar isn't much of a translator. It's more of a dictionary, you can look up certain words and stuff like that. When you type in hiragana (which you would be doing most of the time) and you capitalize the first letter, it'll provide a list of kanji for you to choose from. I just typed "Takai", selected the kanji that read something like "other world" and checked it in the dictionary function. It's really handy.
    To be honest, I actually prefer words that are rarely used, but that's my personal taste.
    A more common term for death would be "Shi" as in "Shinigami" (God of death).
    But if you'd like an even more unorthodox name, "Desu" written in katakana would work well (being the Japanese pronounciation of "Death"). You can even write it as katakana-type furigana for the kanji of death (shi) the same way Light's (from Death Note) name is written.
    The choice is yours.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…