• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh d'oh! I keep forgetting that XD. Thanks for correcting me. *drills it into brain for good*
    Hey, I saw your thread about having no leagues in india.. It's an year old, I know. But still, you mentioned there that you get your cards shipped to you. Is it not possible to buy it from game stores and such? I'm planning to start my own deck. I know I'm a little late, but I still want to do it, you know..
    no, i live in california xD.
    but i'm sri-lankan, and india and sri-lanka are kind of similar so i thought that was cool~
    Gotta love him.

Bad habit in deleting things and school exams make for a lethal combination. Leaves me with nothing to showcase.

I do obsess over single banners lol

I would've let you... if I could... but... bad habit is pretty darn bad.
    Azure Wolf? Yeah he was a really cool guy. Helped me out tons when I first started out. Oh, yeah... now that I think about it again, we did actually have that much.

I'm good. Haven't really been in the mood to make things lately. Nowadays I am really picky with what I make and tend to delete anything I see as flawed. Really bad habit. But I did feel this itch to start an art thread, so maybe I will make some new stuff.
    ----------
    Around an year back, Digital Media had a tight knit group of around 7-8 Graphic Designers. Now it's just people posting banners.
    ----------
    Was I part of this? I can't remember Digital Media having even that kind of traffic.

That aside, how are you Vshan? What made you become active?
    Being an Australian-born Lankan, cricket is sort of in my blood hahaha :p

I'm more looking forward to Sachin inevitably scoring his ton tbh haha :p I thought he had it in the bag for sure in the first innings during the Boxing Day test but apparently not :S

And Happy New Year to you too!
    The answer is because an aircraft doesn't power its wheels at all. Its turbines compress air and force it out the back in order to propel the aircraft forward - so it is pushing against the air in the atmosphere and not against the ground. The wheels are just there to provide a nearly frictionless surface so that the aircraft can roll along the runway unimpeded. It is for this reason that an aircraft can take off on water or ice while a car (which turns its wheels in order to move) would not move at all due to the lack of traction between the wheel and the surface.

Assuming there is next to no friction between the wheel bearings and the aircraft, the wheels can roll independent of the velocity of the plane. The aircraft will, to a bystander, proceed along a normal takeoff roll (same distance), but the wheels at the point of liftoff would be spinning twice as fast as they normally would to account for the motion of the conveyor belt.

Hypothetically, if the aircraft's brakes were applied and the conveyor belt was switched on, then the aircraft would move with the conveyor belt as the wheels are not free to turn relative to the aircraft.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…