• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
V

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh, a BS, of course, my apologies. Do you mind if I ask what your research project is? When it comes to research, I find it tough to come up with ideas that are original, practical, and applicable all at once. I just designed one involving energy drinks for a class, and it went over well, but it wasn't doable because it would've needed IRB approval, and that's beyond the class's scope. Incidentally, I'll be earning a BA next year. I'm majoring in psychology and minoring in philosophy, but I intend to pursue grad programs in the field of cognitive neuroscience, so most of my classwork and research projects at the moment heavily involve biology. Thank you for the well wishes. =)

It's nice to hear you'd consider teaching grade/high school. We need more good science teachers. Are you going for a PhD too? And what has teaching college classes been like for you? Have there been certain challenging problems for you to solve for your students? I assume the A in TA is for assistant (?), so what is your role as teacher like compared to the senior professor's? I apologize if my questioning becomes a nuisance, by the way.

Ah, the things I am most concerned with are financial issues: the need for a safety net, managing groceries, paying off student loans... Grad school will be my first experience living alone on a permanent basis, and is also intimidating, but as you said getting busy with work and school helps mediate that. I'm not sure I'd be willing to move far from my home region, though. The folks who move all the way across the country for work or school amaze me. =P
    Oh my goodness! Hearing about your experiences makes me ecstatic, I'm sorry. I am so happy for you! To think such big, impressive things can be really accomplished by individuals with a freshly-printed BA in this day and age.... I don't even know if I'm making sense, but I come from a very poor family in a very small town, and stories about people who've succeeded in the way you have give me hope.

Yes, by the way, I am trying to end up with a PhD. And I'd like to accomplish that goal in exactly the method you describe here. Incidentally, thank you so much for the details and step-by-step recounting; this is the first time I've gotten such a usefully practical outline of the steps for getting into grad school. For instance, I have not been told of the importance of getting a professor interested in me before applying to a program.

I just can't believe you not only get to teach, but have your tuition waived and get paid for it! My career goal is to become a college professor, so that just sounds like a dream come true. Is teaching what you want to ultimately do for a living, or are you going to use this as a stepping stone to other great things? And you must be extremely competent and comfortable with the materials you TA for, gosh... I aspire to such mastery. But, then, I guess that's why they call it a master's degree, ha! =P

Oh, and to have to move to a new place right away. How was that for you? I imagine it's tough to jump right into a new phase of life like that. It's one of the more intimidating things for me.

Ah, I'm sorry, this is just so exciting. Thank you for replying, so much~ ^_^
    Excuse me, varanus, but I think I recall reading that you currently teach science classes and you're working toward's a master's degree. Could I ask how you came into teaching by that route, and what exactly you teach (and at what level, if I'm not asking too much =P)?
    You have to click "chat" on the main Serebii.net site, and then it should load on its own.
    LOL

During this break that no new dubbed episodes are airing, I've been trying to go through the pokedex from #1 until wherever I finish before saturday (I think I finish at Nidorino).

During the BW series, every saturday an episode airs I use an avatar with a newly anime-debuted 5th Generation Pokemon. (if more than one in one episode, I split the days in the week up).

I'm thinking of changing that to just doing 1 day per newly debuted Pokemon, and the rest of the week continue the Pokedex go-through. Haven't decided yet.
    May I ask... how did you make the Pokemon card/thingy that's in yours and DragonXmicro's Sig?
    You are very good at helping people on the forums. We both seem to really love doing that :)
    Hmm okay, but what if we haven't talked that much because it is a new semester?
    Would you kill to defend if there were no alternative?

Let's say the scenario is: Child vs Adult Man + Gun
    Sad news, the sapphire's location is unknown, along with my sibling's copies of her games with pal park able. If I can obtain a slakoth and breed it, I will alert you!
    I prefer females, any of them will do. I just have to find my ruby/sapphire. Along with convince my little sister to let me borrow a game of her own (for reasons I don't know, my diamond, and soul silver have been gone for a long time)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…