• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
PrismaticPrincessAnna

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Retreads are always tricky because, by the nature of the thing, you're dealing with material your readers would already know, so you have to really work to keep it fresh. It can be done. I'm doing a retread right now, actually, with a diary perspective of Filia from season 3 of Slayers. I think it's working because it's done in a very different format that can display her thoughts more clearly and, of course, there are things that happen in the show that we don't see that she can tell about. So I think that works. It all depends on how you do it.
    So you're writing a scene from the original anime in a different way? Is that what you're saying?
    Like there was just a general misunderstanding? That's fine. But if you lift the dialogue directly from somewhere else, then that's stealing.
    Well, none of us live in a vaccuum and we're all influenced by certain things, but it's the degree to which you take something and the amount of your own spin you add to it that decides whether it's stealing or not. If you take a tired idea and transform it into something new and exciting, that's not stealing. But if you take a formula and just switch out the blanks with something else well... that's at least uncreative, if not outright theft.

Okey-dokey. I'll be patient.
    It's okay to get inspiration, but if you're taking too much... well, aside from the ethical problems, people don't want to read something they've read over and over again.

Really? On what? (Or I could just wait...)
    Hello i am back! I had to go back t my house to unload some stuff so i won't leave for church for like 15 minutes so not that long, but at least its something.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…