• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
JX Valentine

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well thanks! My mother is American, so I mainly learned most of my English fro
    Her growing up, but refined it more when I moved to college in the states. And I would love any help you could give me. I'm always looking to improve my writing, so I appreciate it
    I can't imagine writing in a common area, much less getting used to it; you'll have to teach me in your ways on that one! I can't imagine my brain ever not freaking out about it. "THERE ARE PEOPLE AROUND. THEY ARE LOOKING AT YOU. THEY ARE GOING TO ASK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IT WILL DISTRACT AND ANNOY YOU". Oh yes, I actually hate talking about my writing. My fiancee was asking me about a story I was working on last week, and I was basically saying "I don't know anything!". I don't mind letting people read what I've written, but I hate talking about it, and that's, I think, why I can't write around people.

Yeah, I haven't had much of an environment with people who care what I write since college. Even then...it wasn't as bad as I sometimes think in my head. So if I'm writing a rare FF piece or something like that, I don't encounter much snooty resistance. But I did have a professor in college who was all snarky when I said I wanted to work on comic books. A PROFESSOR. Which, I guess, is just weird. I always think some of the oddest "peer pressure" I encounter is from my elders (I was going to say "adults" or "grown ups", but I constantly forget...I'm thirty-friggin'-one).

(Oh man! Serebii yelled at me for the size of my message. I am so verbose)
    Yeah, it's been happening to me today, too. I've been home for 4 hours (except for a bit of errands), and I've just had no motivation to get anything written. It's beyond procrastination for me, it's just my brain trolling me and basically saying "LOLnope. No ideas right now! Wait till you're in the car or falling asleep!" Stupid brain, I hate you so much! It never does what I want it to when I want it to.

You know, I never played Ultimate Frisbee in my life until two years ago when my friend from HS and I started reconnecting and he got all his friends into it. Now it's a weekly event from March till October. The first week we played, there was an actual OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE there, so we had some team unity. It ended poorly for us because we aren't that good. Heh. So we need to go back to just playing in our group and picking teams every week. I think we are going to try to play tennis this year, too. I'm...poor at that, so I feel I will be pushing for more continued frisbee and football.

Not all my days are 12 hours long. Today, for instance, I only worked from 8am to 1pm because I worked so long last night. But yeah...every now and then I have a 14 hour day or so. Those are always fun (I shouldn't complain...my job isn't bad at all, and my long days are usually just taking clients out to activities like a Dave & Buster's kind of place or a minor league hockey game or bowling). The driving is the worst because those nights I'm usually driving all over in my car at the end of the night just so I can get back to my office...and drive an hour home. I never realized how much I could despise driving.
    Twenty chapters, eh? Well that's foreboding, but I endeavor to do a good job. Meanwhile, I have had zero time lately to either write or read anything in the Fiction board. I play Ultimate Frisbee with friends on Wednesday nights, and I'm working 12 hours or so tonight. I'm hoping (*HOPING!*) to be able to do some reading tomorrow after work (which should [*SHOULD!*] be a short day since I'm working extra tonight). But after that, my weekend is packed. So...we've had the free-time discussion, though.

Aww, my cats are the best and barely a distraction at all. Except...no, that's untrue. They are very distractive because they are naughty.

See, with me, it's not even that I need to socialize (i'm not a terribly social person, which, I think is douvle-talk for "I am a shy loser), it's that...people are around,. and I feel like they are watching me. Which, now that I type it, makes me feel SUPER paranoid. But it's just like...Don't acknowledge me, it will throw my thought process off. Just...turn invisible and be quiet.

I totally have an idea for a topic at the AC, so I'mma go post that. Weee.
    Ah gay? I said that alot when I was in school but I don't say it alot now. Maybe when I'm having a little fun and being a wisecraker. I thought it was okay in the sense that I'm not really straight.

Nontheless, all I wanted was for people to like me and be nice to me that's all.
    I promise to get into at LEAST one of those stories as soon as possible. I actually don't think I'll have a problem reading a pokemon fan-fic; I just never had it in me to write one. But hell, maybe I'll get an idea or two and try one.

Actually, she's never had a chance to get used to my "Stand And Mill About" writing style because I haven't done it around her ever. I also can't stand writing when people are around because, even if they are being quiet and unintrusive, it's still a distraction. I have, in the past, gone and shut myself in the spare bedroom, but I never get left alone for very long. If it's not her, it's the cats (just two...saying "cats" plural makes us sound like crazy cat people. Which we totally WOULD BE if we gave into our pure love of cats. But we are also responsible enough not to do that).

I poked around the Miscelklaneous board for, like, 8 seconds today, and then realized I'd rather not be there. People were talking about Rick Santorum and other easily divisive issues, and I didn't want to ruin my fantasy that this place is easy-going. I minor'ed in Poli Sci so I know well enough that any kind of political discussion always ends poorly. Also, I hate election years because everyone's so on-edge about having to defend every minor belief they have. Not for me. I used to be more engaged in politics, but then I realized that Big Money controls everything and cheering for one politician over another is like saying rose red is a vastly superior color to crimson red. You're arguing over to things that are virtually the same.

Ramble ramble ramble. I was better off just talking about my cats.
    i was pretty much shunned that Superbowl. My girlfriend and her family refused to watch the game with me, and my family was off together watching it. Ironically, I ended up with strep throat that weekend anyway, so I just watched the game by myself from home and sick.

I've been lurking a lot at the AC, but it seems like the majority of topics are about pokemon fan-fiction which, as I pointed out, is not really my strong suit. So I've felt I've had little to contribute. But perhaps I will dig further and see if there is anything I can shed my own personal light on.

Thank you for the congratulations! For the record, she's not the one who wouldn't watch the Superbowl with me. :)

I also think I had a lot more time when I lived on my own. Despite the fact that I've been living with my now-fiancee for about 2 years, I still have a hard time adapting to not just being able to do what I want when I want. It's like, "Oh, I have to pay attention to you, too". Also, I've always been borderline OCD about my writing space. I can't have the TV on, and she ALWAYS has the TV on. I need to actually be standing up to write seriously (in a "type a few sentences, then pace around and talk the story out to myself for 15 minutes. Repeat" kind of way), and I find that trying to do that with someone else around gets you looked at like an idiot a lot.

What stories do you have in-the-works? Any on which you're particularly looking for readers?
    That's true. I'm sorry for being parinoid tho. I just felt that now everyone except for a few people in that part of the forum all secretly hate me.
    I'm looking forward to your review :) I am kinda close to finishing the second chapter. I'm new to forums, and I have training for 10 weeks starting in June. Will my thread close?
    I was talking about the post on livejorunal. I'm not a stalker but I heard someone else in this group was talking about another writer so I was wondering that you all would say about me since you guys are so close together.

Yes I will admit that there was a point in time where I was close to classified as a chauvinist because of what I saw in the real world but I've changed my ways. I'm a masculinist who fights for mens rights, why am I saying this? Because it shows that I'm pro-equality.

I was hostile towards everyone because I felt the vibe that anyone who wasn't a feminist was a bad person. People were putting words in my mouth and I felt that I wasn't okay to articulate a defense for myself. I mean, I want to learn new things but I don't like it when everyone's views on forced on me. That's why I got upset when I write threads. I'm different now. But it takes time for a person to completely change who they have been for a long time. Im getting there.
    How come you guys are talking about me? I saw y'all do it. I mean damn, I know that, like you guys, I have a brain and I can disagree with advice given to me but I didn't like what whats being said because it wasn't true.

Now, I'm afraid to ask any question on the writers board because of what someone in this clique would say. Plus you guys have a big influence on that part of the board.
    XD I am a... Very VERY wishy washy person xDD, but other than a minor block in motives for the antagonist, its going good ^^ thanks for asking~
    I actually man'ed up and posted the beginnings of something in the Non-fic forum. Hope you get a chance to look it over.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…