• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
M
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You posted a few questions in the shiny thread, I'm not sure if they've been answered yet so I thought I'd give it a shot.

1)You have to select a starter to see if it's shiny. As far as I know the poocheyna is shiny locked so no worries about that. (that wasn't part of your question but i thought i'd mention it! :3)
    2) I think the assumption right now is that the odds are the same as XY so 1/4096. I haven't seen any evidence otherwise. There are some methods in the game that people think might reduce the odds (dexnav searching which is similar to changing, and people are curious about the odds for the Mirage spots where you encounter various legendaries but still no actual proof for the latter method for reduced odds)
    Edit: I've also seen people use the dexnav to sr. So that's an option if you like to do so. You basically just encounter and then soft-reset. So like sr-ing but with a wider range of pretty much any target.

3)Yep, still the same.
    4)Dexnav is the only new method I think. It's very similar to chaining and you get it soon after you get your starter. It can be also useful for finding unique pokemon moves and pokemon with better stats.I think if you search around there are a few guides for it, I'm not sure how it works aside from the fact that you encounter a lot of pokemon in order to get your 'search level' for that pokemon up .I don't know if the odds for it are lower/higher/the same for chaining but it seems like it takes longer than traditional chaining does.
    Just wanted to respond via vm rather than an edit or new post...

I certainly won't rule out a "hidden" mechanic, which could be in the game, that may in some way affect shiny odds, but tipping is rather prevalent in the game, so it seems far too "out there" for it to in some way affect shiny rates as part of a hidden mechanic.

Especially since the last hidden mechanic to affect shinies was international breeding, something which was never discovered till Masuda mentioned it on his blog.
    i just need it so i can SR for shiny landorus which is the last SRable legendary in the game I havent gotten
    I'm curious about something in your Sig, what's the 3/11 and 4/11 stuff mean? Been seeing you on the shiny thread that we both post in :)
    Hey, I heard you needed more dex entries and so do I, so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to help each other out?
    I have a huntail/goreabyss. Do you have a mewtwo/virizion/terrakion/reshiram for a trade and trade back dex entry?
    Wow! Congrats on getting that Terrakion! That would have taken a LOT of patience, so you really deserve it! =)
    You must be around 20k by now. Have you thought about coming back to it. Like when I have end game stuff to do and a shiny takes to long I go and do it later.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…