• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I really don't want that. Of course I want Misty to be a good person and I want her good points to be clear in the story, but I don't want her to be perfect, because she isn't. I want her to be how she is as much as possible. Misty also has her flaws, like her short temper. And these flaws should not be ignored when writing.

About short temper: maybe I could do something with that! Because of her sisters annoying her, she already has some more self-control, but still has a short temper. For example, when Ash was abducted by Team Rocket, she hit a Team Rocket member (no bloody violence, imagine it to be like when she hit Ash and/or Brock in the anime) to get to the room where Ash was.

I know, there is more information about real animals. And I am not underestimating it, I already tried thinking up examples. Sure, typing (Pokemon like Lanturn and Corsola are examples) is there, but if this is the way to go, I would want to go deeper into it.

Why do you dislike Family Guy?

I don't really love Family Guy, but there were some funny moments. I like watching it sometimes, but I can easily live without it. Pokemon to you is way more important than Family Guy to me.

Thank you! When I call a Pokemon Urkel, or if I come up with some nostalgic or humoristic name, it fitting is not that important to me. But if I name a Pokemon after someone I regulary talk to and consider to be one of my best friends ever, I want the Pokemon to reflect that person. Then it becomes more serious to me. It's good to know you think the Altaria reflects you well.

OK, but the thing about nicknaming a Pokemon after me wasn't serious. And even if you would want to, it wouldn't be possible: maximal 10 characters, AquaMilotic has 11.

Also, do you often care about the gender of your Pokemon?

For me, sometimes. I rarely nickname, so then it's only important for a few Pokemon and for breeding purposes. But when nicknaming or trying to form an anime-like team for fun, I really care.
    2 VMs.

- That's true, but all those specific tournaments are more important to someone specializing in what they are for instead of people like Ash. To Ash, the Whirl Cup wasn't important, but it was clearly very important to Misty. Also, what else could be a clear and set goal for Misty? Becoming a Water Pokemon master is very vague, winning the Whirl Cup is very clear.
    - Yes. Now I hope I am able to do that subtle while still making clear to the readers what is mentioned.
    - No! You are REALLY convincing me! I am not saying it to make you happy, I am really starting to agree with you on this more than before! Why do you think I'm only saying it to make you happy? You know that I prefer the (sometimes harsh) truth over lying to be nice! I am really honest!

- That's true. They are still annoying and I still don't like them, but I don't hate them anymore.
    - Yes, we do. But why would the Gym be more important to her than traveling?
    - Well, Misty indeed never asked them (at least not on screen) to take over again. However, maybe she thought her sisters would say no and that asking was pointless.
    - They didn't ask Misty, they forced her and didn't give her the chance to say "no". And Misty can't accept the Gym being closed (if she didn't do what her sisters forced her to, she'd also be blame for the Gym being closed), so she didn't have a choice. I think her sisters should've asked (asking, not forcing her) her, and should've asked someone else if Misty would say "no" (which would be the most probable).
    Cool, gotta love the variety. Unfortuately, my college didn't offer anything like that :/
    It must be a relief to have it sorted out. Does this mean you're on a break now?

Speaking of which, I managed to secure some time off work. During which, I will be attempting to write a Broadway musical. This is something I have been working on for about five years on and off, but I find it so hard to motivate myself. Do you have any tips on how to deal with situations like that? I could really use any advice you can offer.
    Yes, it would be very bad to make my favourite character flat... I don't want to make the same mistake the anime writers did: treating Misty like crap and giving May and Dawn a lot of focus. Misty should be important and believable, she's my favourite character!

Sorry... I think Misty works hard with training, but I do agree that studying is something the anime handled very poorly, which could be handled better in the fanfic. And about studying myself: I think looking up information about different Water Pokemon would be a better idea if this is the way to go for Misty, it depends on how deep I want to go into this. And how do I apply the knowledge? I think by Misty winning battles using knowledge about the Water Pokemon opponents are using...

OK, I understand. I also thought that when seeing it for the first time. But one awesome episode totally convinced me!

For the same reason as not liking South Park?

OK, thank you! If you think the nature doesn't fit you, or there would be something else not fitting you at all about this Altaria, I wouldn't want a Pokemon not fitting you being named after you. Even though the Altaria won't directly affect you in any way, I still want it to fit you if I'll name it after you. It's nice that it fits you well this way. I know you don't cause Earthquakes, that you can't do a Dragon Dance, that you won't use Double-Edge and that you can't use Aerial Ace, but aside from the moves, it seems to fit you well.

If you have a male Milotic, you can always call it AquaMilotic! But only with a nature fitting me. XP (you probably won't, don't take this paragraph too seriously).
    2 VM's.

- Well, I want it to be important, and what else could Misty have as a specific goal to achieve? I think it's important to Water Pokemon trainers like Misty. For Ash (the main focus of the anime), it was not that important and he just took part because he takes part in anything involving Pokemon.
    - OK, that could be possible. But I really want to keep that subtle, while still making the reader understand what's it about.
    - Sorry... I don't want a big argument. However, I told you about you somewhat convincing me after thinking about it some time after our first discussion about that (in my last response to you). Also, now I'm reading your VM, I'm even getting more of a feeling that you are right. It totally makes sense, more than during our first discussion about this. I don't know what caused this change, but I'm happy with it. You are convincing me more and more on this, even though I still don't 100% agree, but our views are certainly no longer 100% counter to each other anymore.
    - I don't hate Misty's sisters anymore, it's just like May, Dawn and Iris: annoying but no hate.
    - I also think Misty cares deeply about the Gym, I also never denied that (I already said the problem is a lack of traveling freedom, being a Gym Leader and the Gym itself aren't the problems).
    - I am not sure if she enjoys being a Gym Leader now, she might or might not. She could very well enjoy it, but I also think she wants to travel.
    - I think she was under the obligation to stay after her sisters came back, I don't think her sisters were willing to take it over again.
    - I think her sisters are able to order her to be the Gym Leader (they went on a journey and Misty didn't have the choice to say "no"), but no servitude/wicked creatures thoughts anymore for me.
    - I do think Misty prefers traveling over being a Gym Leader, but unfortunately, she is not free to travel.
    I'll start on the thing tomorrow.. its gonna be packed with images and stuff~

I'ma look through it tomorrow.. Must be hiding XD

I FIXED IT took me 5-6 hours -_-
    EDIT: Its on my sig.. but.. it says its copyrighted in US D:< I hate working hard on an AMV until I find out its freakin' copyrighted >_<

Edit2: I fixed it..but i don't think I can upload it until tomorrow. Owell.
    Edit3:...*phew!* It's 108% speed. That's what ya get, YouTube! I trick 'em >:3 Click my sig if yer ready to watch it.

I'm sorting out the Notepad files for my dA and I remembered I had a dream about this years ago. I was sorting out files and the background I had on my comp has a girl with blonde hair surrounded by darkness...
    I do have that atm. Its Filia wallpaper ya made that says 'Dark of night' o_O CREEPY I SAY!!!!!! I didn't noticed until I was done organizing my files o_o
    Heh, mostly the same here. Most of my classes finish this week, so I'm looking foward to that.
    Well, you are right, maybe it would be a possibility. The thing about Misty battling on intuition and not with knowledge is something I can agree with, but actually overestimating herself? No. But Misty learning to study more, making her more successful is possible. Then a Trainer can totally beat her by using knowledge Misty lacks, which causes her to buy some study books about Water Pokemon and which makes her gradually more successful. Then, her knowledge could even be used in the Whirl Cup, and the Trainer who defeated her (causing her to study) will be the opponent in the final round, which Misty wins. But you also used the words "working hard" in your response before your last one, and I certainly think Misty works hard. However, that would be more training than studying. That's what put me off. Sorry. But the idea of Misty gaining more knowledge is a good idea. Thank you!

OK... Then I guess you didn't really like the episodes you've seen?

Do you like Family Guy?

Well, the Altaria will be caught as a lv.33 Swablu, and as you know, evolves at lv.35. Please note that Pokemon Colosseum is a Gen III game.

This is how I want Altaria "Skiyomi" to be:

Species: Altaria
    Nickname: Skiyomi
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace, Double-Edge, Earthquake

Does that appeal to you: a fast physical attacker that uses Dragon Dance to improve Attack and Speed?

Also, do you think an "Adamant" nature fits you?
    2 VM's.

- Well, I do have to say: she wants both traveling and children. I do have to say that her winning the Whirl Cup would probably make children and settling down easier for Misty. What do you think: would she easily give up traveling to have children and settle down if she wouldn't win the Whirl Cup? And if she would win it?
    - Well, if the fear of failing birth control is there, how should I put that in without breaking the PG rating? Maybe even mentioning a condom would break that... I don't want to break the PG rating.
    - Sorry. I do have to say that you somewhat made my opinion on Misty's sisters less harsh (about them just being more ignorant instead of being actually mean people who use Misty as their slave). Misty's sadness in her departure episode makes me so angry about what her sisters did, which made me very biased... But her sisters were probably more ignorant than actually mean. However, Misty still didn't choose to be a Gym Leader, and if her desire to travel again is very big and her sisters wouldn't allow her to leave the Gym, what else than escaping could she do? But guilt and worrying about the Gym is definitely still possible. And how it is in the fic is not going to change. Also, even if Misty's sisters treated her like crap, that can also be ignorance instead of being mean. But I do think her sisters won't allow her to travel.

Yes, that would not be very respectful to my favourite character.
    - That is true, Misty could doubt about settling down: knowing it would be good, but not wanting it at first. But her children's wish convinces her and is strong enough to make her realize settling down would be a good thing. Would that be a good idea?
    - What do you mean with that? The possibility of failing birth control?
    - I am not 100% saying no to this one, but she escaped from the Gym after being terrorized and treated like a slave by her sisters, and she really wanted to travel, so that makes it hard to include. But she could worry if the Gym is runned well now, it might still be an option.

True, Misty should definitely NOT be a flat character.

Well, I can see Ash being overconfident, but I don't see Misty as overconfident. I thought of it becoming an issue, but I don't think Misty is an overconfident person who doesn't word very hard. Also, in the 6 years as a Gym Leader, she must've studied. Then the Gym guilt idea is probably better. This is really hard, and I really appreciate your help, even though these two ideas don't fully convince me (yet).

Yes, Brock and Tracey are probable, Max and May aren't possible, and Iris, Cilan and Dawn are less probable.

Yes, I don't want to get revenge for two reasons:
    - I don't have the guts for it.
    - Two wrongs don't make a right.

OK, thank you! I won't dig further into this, that would take you too much time. Sorry for asking it all.

True, Gligar can also fit it.

OK, thank you for telling. Have you ever watched an episode?

OK, and does strentgh matter for the Pokemon named after you?

OK, good. An Altaria named Skiyomi, but only if it is a female one. I will hope for a female one, Skiyomi would be preferred over Batman (a male one).
    I know how it feels... I wanted a female Misdreavus in Colosseum, I constantly got male ones with bad natures, and I wanted one with a Timid nature, preferably female... Today, after like 40 times of soft-resetting, I FINALLY got a Timid one! I don't even remember the gender now, I'm just happy that I finally got one with the nature I want.

OK, nice! But I asked for some direct examples not derived from Slayers... Do you have some examples?

OK... Like Zubat, Golbat and Crobat? Sorry, but I can't get those in Colosseum and I don't even like them. But if I get a female Altaria, I prefer "Skiyomi" as a name anyways. For a male one, Urkel or Batman will be the most probable name...

I also don't watch Family Matters and never watched it. The only reason for me to use "Urkel" as a Pokemon name is that awesome South Park moment of Cartman with his Urkel sleeping bag, thinking it is cool.

I like South Park, but I am not obsessed with it (like I am with Pokemon). Why do you not watch it: just no interest or a dislike? And did you ever watch it?

Nice that you are fine with me naming a Pokemon after you! But a good Pokemon, what do you mean with that? A Pokemon you like or a Pokemon that's strong?

I'll only name a female Pokemon after you, and it has to be a Pokemon we both like. You told me you really like Altaria, and I really like Altaria as well, so a female Altaria would be perfect! Would you like me naming a female Altaria Skiyomi? I'd like that! And would you prefer your Serebii username or your real name? I'd prefer your Serebii username: when I think about or talk to people on Serebii or DeviantArt, I refer to them in my mind to their Serebii or DeviantArt name and not their real first name, even if I know that name. But even though it won't affect you, I want to know and use your preferences when naming a Pokemon after you.
    2 VM's.

I don't think it is too late, the future problems conflict is not impossible for Misty, but there are some issues with that:
    - Settling down: if both Ash and Misty have trouble settling down, it is not an issue at all, then they could easily keep traveling as much as they want.
    - Having children: if Ash and Misty both are uncomfortable with that, there is no issue at all, then they can just not have children.
    - Guilt over leaving the Gym: never, she's glad to be away from her sisters and happy to travel, and her sisters took it over. When typing my last response to you, I already thought about worrying whether the Gym is lead well by her sisters or not, but I thought that could interfere with her leaving the Gym.

If there are good ideas with career and future issues, those would be good for Misty. But having Ash deal with flaws would probably be easier. But I prefer quality and a nice fic over just making writing easy. The easiest way isn't always the best.

That's true. Why she would lose? Maybe because of battling a lot of stronger opponents in a row, or type disadvantages... But a true reason that is an issue for herself... I can't come up with anything... And for cheering: that would indeed just make sense for Brock and Tracey, she travelled with them, and to a lesser extent, May or Max. However, they could also come cheer with Ash to see Ash again, and meet his girlfriend...

Well, not react... That's easier said than done... She already has a sense of power, she knows I'm weak and that she can pick on me, with me lacking the guts to get revenge...
    ----------
    I once made a competitive thread called "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Altaria!" Even though Altaria is a bird, I like that, so I could call Altaria "Batman."
    ----------
    That's a quote from my last response to you. Do you like the Batman idea for Altaria?

Do you like the way I came up with the "Urkel" nickname (South Park)? And do you like South Park? I like South Park, but I'm not obsessed with it.

Well, I am thinking about the following examples/types of nicknaming:
    - Nicknames with an origin, like the "Urkel" example, I don't know which one to name Urkel yet.
    - Nostalgic nicknames, like the "Queen" Misdreavus and "Vogeltje" Altaria names I mentioned in my last response to you before this one: names from the first Colosseum file, which I shared with my sister and my dad.
    - Nicknames with a Pokemon origin, I am thinking about calling Meganium "Harley" if it'll be a male one (but I prefer a female one, to resemble Ash's Bayleef, even though if Ash's Bayleef would evolve in the anime, it would be torture to me, and I won't call a female Meganium "Harley"), and if I get lucky enough to have a female Togetic (which are rare), I could call her Misty, that's a great tribute to my favourite character. A downside of this kind of nicknames is that they are gender-dependant. Natures are more important to me than nicknames, so if I get a good-nature Meganium or Togetic that's male, it's also fine with me. This is different for Mantine and Altaria, for which I'd prefer males. But for those, gender ratios are 50/50.
    - Funny names / joke names, I can't come up with an example right now.
    - Serebii and DeviantArt friends. If I get a female Altaria, I could call her Skiyomi! Would you like that? Also, a female Mantine or Togetic could be called Angel. Anyways, for this, I will only do it if the Serebii or DeviantArt friend likes the Pokemon and if the Pokemon has the same gender as that person.
    2 VM's.

That's true. With your suggestions, Ash would become more important to Misty, while I prefer equality. But what would Misty have to get? She has no doubts about children (she wants them in the future) and settling down (she's fine with that, winning the Whirl Cup helps). She could worry about Ash being a good father, but that would make it harder for Ash, she wants children and should convince Ash about him being able to be a good father... This is hard...

But I got an idea to give Misty more and to have a better role for the main characters that won't appear frequently (just at the Whirl Cup and the wedding, although Brock and Tracey already got one small apearance): Misty gets in a long losing streak, and loses self-confidence, which leads to even more losses. When the Whirl Cup starts, she has no self-confidence. However, the other main characters can help her in regaining confidence, and her winning her first Whirl Cup battle could help.

Come to think of it, it is quite similar to Dawn in one of the DP seasons... When coming up with the idea, I didn't steal it from that, but when I thought of it, I thought "hey, this is quite similar, I recognize this idea from something..." But still, it's the best I could come up with now.

Unfortunately, it does. She's acting like that all the time, and she does that to me my whole life... Anyways, she really enjoys it when I am mad or sad. She's a true sadist...

Well, Dragonair and Haunter don't surprise me, and Xellos and Filia also don't. Are the Pokemon the same genders as the characters there names are derived from?

Do you also have funny nicknames, and/or some non-Slayers examples?
    Just commenting that the pic in the left side of your banner made me lol a lot. (consequently I was told by the librarian to shush xD)
    OK, what kind of nicknames did you gave? Funny ones? Serious ones? Could you please give some examples?

On Pokemon Colosseum, a file with my dad and my sister also taking part (8 years ago), my sister claimed that the Yanma I caught was hers and called it "Mugje" (Dutch for "little musquito"), my dad called Espeon "Espewin" and Umbreon "Super Umbo", I remember my Altaria being called "Vogeltje" (Dutch for "little bird") and my Misdreavus called "Queen" (I don't remember how I got the idea for that name). Those were the first nicknames for Pokemon for me.

After that and before that, I never gave Pokemon nicknames. Now, in the Colosseum file I recently started, I'm going for funny, stupid, cheesy and pointless nicknames. The team I have in mind:
    - Togetic
    - Meganium
    - Misdreavus
    - Mantine
    - Altaria
    - Heracross

Some names I am considering are "Daniel" (because of a funny Dutch video on YouTube, I won't explain that all), "Urkel" (purely because of the picture below), and I could also think of some funny stuff actually fitting the Pokemon. I once made a competitive thread called "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Altaria!" Even though Altaria is a bird, I like that, so I will call Altaria "Batman."
    2 VM's.

That's true. Misty has rivals, battles way more often than in the anime (both with rivals and characters of the day), which causes her Pokemon will grow stronger (her Pokemon get more experience and get stronger, her Azurill is a Marill now and will become an Azumarill), enabling her to win the Whirl Cup. But Ash has more character growth in the fic.

Well, I understand why you think that... They are indeed mainly there to cheer for Misty, meet each other and readers love it. It's just like the cameo's from Misty in AG and May in DP, do you see? Then the readers know how these characters are doing, and can see them meet each other.

Yes... But also just to annoy me, not just covering up for her own failures. She just picks on me all the time...

That was to be expected.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…