• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• lol i was on a league of legends frenzy so bad i stayed up for days on end till i finally crashed from playing it, now im waiting to get into job corps.
    Well, hold up on that gang idea for a minute. I was kind of just throwing the idea out there to see what you'd think of it. Don't worry about Gijinkas, Morphs, etc. I'm keeping all of that. I just need to think about how I want to approach the plot, and judging by how it's done, it may call for you to adapt the gang to match the setting.

But hey, thanks for offering to help out with this. I just need a little time to put my thoughts together.
    What do you think of this proposition?

The new RP features three massive syndicate gangs, all of which have their dark side. Meanwhile, the setting kind of needs to be post-apocalyptic to uproot law and order, essentially making sure there's no UN or formal military force to deal with, and so there's desperation for people to join a side to feel security. Now these gangs salvage whatever weaponry they can, as well as recruit members and claim territory. As far as the setting goes, we don't need something too catastrophic. Some kind of plague or biological warfare weapon that wipes out 80% of the world's population would be fine, leaving cities and technology intact. To survive, some humans became PokeMorphs or Chimeras, but at it's later discovered, a vaccine that makes the recipient immune to the disease also works, so people can still be humans if they want.

The ideal scenario would be to have all three gangs have their own theme, their own characteristics, and their own creed as for what they intend on doing. How the gang fights, what their culture is like, and what they choose to represent them should be different from the other two. Kind of like how Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Plasma, and Galactic are essentially different and unique from each other, and have different goals, but they're all still up to no good. Imagine it as Team Rocket, Aqua, and Plasma all being thrown into a ring, only instead, we make the gangs and give them original attributes.

And that leads me to my next question. I don't mind running one of the gangs, and I talked to Sceptic Scepti1e and he's okay with running a faction of his own also. Would you mind running the third? That way, we have three committed RPers making sure all three sides are being well-managed?
    I'm going with the idea of having mainly two factions, but neutrals being acceptable, where neutrals could band together and do their own thing. Outlawing neutrals... wasn't the best idea for Alternate. But as for having three distinct factions, I have an idea for one that's pretty much the bad guys trying to gain power, both in terms of territory, physical strength, and ruling by fear, and the lawful good United Nations faction that tries to take down the syndicate. As for a third faction, I can't think of a good one that would be against the other two. It would have to be something that the other two factions object to, and trying to come up with that is tough.

I'm open to suggestions if you have some.
    Truly, I'm sorry, but I've learned through experience about first-come-first-serve. My Pokemon claim to Reshiram was one such example that nearly cost me it. However, how come your character can't fit with Terrakion. Maybe a few small changes, sure, but the muskedeer dogs are rather similar?
    I guess I could keep them, but I really need a clean slate to do this right. Plot twists are good and are fun if they're well timed, but considering the situation, I think it's better if we start something with a new storyline, but keeps some of the themes, such as Gijinkas, PokeMorphs, and Chimeras. I can work with those.
    I think it's too late though. Your idea sound good on paper, but it's the kind of thing that would take some time to implement. Besides, right now, it just seems like the whole thing has died down.

I think I need an RP that will have a GM on both opposing sides. And allow for some people to be neutral. Hate to say it, but the sudden and abrupt giving up on the Gijinka Alliance side really screwed this up.
    After looking over everything, I'll dunno, I just think it might be a good idea to start a new RP and just forget about this one. I've been talking to Aura of Twilight and I just think it's a better approach. It's too early for such a wild plot twist, I'm afraid. I know I told you in that PM to just do it, but after giving it a second thought, suddenly injecting a third faction is just going to confuse everyone. That, and it would pit this third faction against everyone in the Brotherhood, who is focused on the Alliance at the moment. Having them all suddenly switch focus on you when that's not even mentioned in the storyline... I just don't see it working out.

So yeah, it's a little disappointing, but I've dealt with it before plenty of times. In order to do things right, I can keep some of the plot elements that people like (Chimeras and such), but I think the storyline needs to be totally wiped clean.
    Yeah, I got you there. Just seems really early to start a part two when we're only on the third page, but it seems like it's coming to that. As far as the villain for both sides to fight, I don't know, I just think that would screw around with the storyline too much and suddenly things would stop making sense.

The problem is I really did not expect the Gijinka Alliance side to give up and go inactive this early. It's to the point of being almost ridiculous considering how many people signed up for it and then just dropped out. I don't know whose idea it was to host that "party" that ended up being the lethal spider web that caused everyone else to become inactive, but I think that pretty much ruined everything.
    Meh, I'm honestly tempted to pull the plug on the Alternate RP, because it really seems like the Gijinka Alliance side has completely thrown in the towel. If I knew they were going to do this, I would have made a character for that side to keep things balanced, but now it's a little too late. In the meantime, the posting rate has dropped like a rock. Heck, I haven't really been that eager to continue posting because the Alliance side just isn't even bothering to address the attack on Kanto and Hoenn.

But yeah, I'll keep this open, but I think in the meantime, I'll be working on something else. I think people like the idea of Chimeras and PokeMorphs, but in this situation, it's not working out all that great.
    I don't think all Lucarios speak English. I think it was just that one that appeared in the movie.

As for telepathic communication, sounds reasonable enough. I'm okay with that.
    Tleon already denied war leader: too much typing T____T

That sounds like a really awesome idea, though, just post the app in the thread. You're welcome as a co.
    hey billy narwhal put up his clan if you want to leave teg the clan is called The Gourmet Society
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…