• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
はるひ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks a lot. I used to write a lot more, but I have trouble finishing what I started, so I don't have many completed stories nowadays.
    Go to the title screen, press Start, and instead of hitting "Continue", hit "Mystery Gift". Then hit "Receive Gift", then hit "Get Via Nintendo WFC" (if it's a brick and mortar event, you'd need to hit "Get Via Wireless" at this step). After that, the event gift will show up and it'll ask you if you want to receive the gift. Say yes, and it'll download to your game and you can pick it up by going to any Pokemon Center and talking to the deliveryman that appears there (also note that if your party is full, he'll ask you to make room first before giving it to you).
    It's actually really sad that you've been around people like that, so my condolences. :( That crap shouldn't happen in 2012 - and that's partly why a lot of people (I'd like to think) would step in and call someone out on that kind of behavior.

I'll add it to my list to read, but I've actually got a couple of other fics that I needed to look at as well. And then I have my own stories that I really, really need to finish up so I can actually post something here for once. :p
    Part II:

That is a hard question, can you expand more?

Well, I believe in your original post you said that this male character (who is a chauvinist) is admired by two of your female characters, even though he thinks they're inferior to him. I just don't understand why any female would admire someone who thinks his gender is better than hers. Because essentially that means that everything she does, he or any other man would do it better. I dunno about you, but that's pretty insulting, right? Even if he is polite and kind to them, and doesn't outwardly show signs of aggression, telling a female or even implying that she won't ever do anything better than him because she's a girl is like a slap in the face.

It's like some guy coming into the forums here, patting you on the head saying you're a good writer and a nice girl, but you'll never be as good as any of the males who post here. You'd like that fact he was nice, right? But putting you down saying you'd never be as good as his gender would (rightfully) irk you, and you'd never be able to respect him as a person after that. Sure maybe his writing was good, hell he could be the best writer ever, but neither I nor any of the other females here in this forum would be very cordial with him. Does that make sense?
    Part I:

i didn't mean to say all kinds of girls on this one.

Okay well, mistakes like that are the kinds of things that can possibly offend someone, even if you didn't intend to. If you can catch things like that before you post it would save you a bundle of trouble. If not and someone says it's mildly offending, your best bet is to go back and fix it.

People get respect for different reasons. Latios is respected by some for his battling, he is respected by Palkia for being honest.

Well, in my opinion people don't "get" respect, they earn it. This is a bit difficult to explain and I've probably bungled it here, but the best way I can explain this is that it's fine to respect a quality (like being honest) in someone, but that's not a good enough reason to respect the person as a whole. They might be emotionally manipulative or talk down to the people around them, and for a good chunk of normal people, that alone can send whatever respect they could have had for them out the window. Their one good (or maybe two) qualities simply won't cancel out treating others like dirt.

So while I understand how Palkia likes that Latios is always honest, it doesn't seem like enough to respect him as a whole person.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…