• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Also, this. It isn't standard legal right now, but the card will probably show up in RtR.
    But your strategy isn't Token-swarm. Your strategy is creature-sac.

Killing Wave + Blood Artists = win. If you only have 2 Blood artists, you're dealing at least 4 points of damage and gaining at least 4 life. With one token, you go up to 6 and 6. If you have 4 Blood Artists out, with three tokens. You'll win. 3 Blood Artists and 3 Tokens you'll be doing 18 points of damage and gaining 18 life. You don't even need to pay any life. You just sac everything and win the game.
    I realized that if you want your BW Sac deck to really kick butt, you need to get your hands on 4 Blood Artists and 4 Killing Waves, and some reliable sac-engines.
    I deliberately went to look for a picture with a pipe. Because there has to be a pipe. But seriously dude, no, don't approve of the image. As awesome as he is, it's not good to look like that in your twenties. Imagine what you'd be like when you hit fifty.

I can just imagine. How the heck'd that happen anyway? Oh and, did the old man have a pipe too? Because that might explain why he survived.
    So I've been meaning to say this to you ever since I heard you started to work as a fisherman, but...

... you do realize that from now on, I'm unable to picture you as anything else but this, right? Just wanna make sure.

On another note, yikes forklift. Glad everyone lived through it.
    So I've been designing pseudo EDH decks around our Planeswalker characters. I've used Niv-Mizzet and Crosis for Claire, Tariel for Lance, and Uril for Jareth. For Gibrael, I found a bunch of big white spirit legends and some soldiers/clerics. For Yuu...that's harder, finding a RU legend that fits, as there are only four of them. Buti think Nin the pain artist fits best of the four. Vernach is also a doozy, BU is an interesting combo. So I went with wrexial and filled the deck with demons, illusions, shapeshifters, and nightmare horrors.

I gave Rimuel, Jor kadeen; Thamien got Damia and the Mimeoplasm; Morgana got Sen Triplets/Sharuum/Dromar, none of which fit all that well, but those are Her colors. Rckaird and Thay are still up in the air. I really want to give Rckaird Krond the dawn clad, but...Green. Have to find something appropriate in UW. And Thay...don't even get me started on how hard it is to find a RBG legend that fits a "small and fiery" deck.
    Hmm...tokens is looking up in the air in standard, what with Bladehold, Elspeth, Honor of the Pure, Blade Splicer, Wurmcoil Engine, and Elesh Norn rotating out come rtRavnica. I'm hoping the Orzhov Guild offers some new token stuff, but who knows. Mono white soldiers is looking strong though, especially if you're not limiting yourself to the standard rotation. Here is a link to a deck that went into EDH mono white that I used for the basis of my Odric deck. It could very easily be adapted to 60 card standard.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/sf/203
    Yeah, when making my Ghave-tokens I realized how recent my cards were. It was mostly from Ravnica onward. Tokens are tough if you're not swarming the enemy, because they're otherwise just plain old vanilla creatures. A 60 card deck should focus around a few specific cards and how they work together. In standard BW tokens, that's usually lingering souls, intangible virtue, and Sorin. In EDH however, each card needs to be a bomb on its own.
    My EDH deck making skills are growing by the day! Olivia Voldaren and Kaalia of the Vast are really solid, I think. And as soon as I get back home I can start putting together my Reaper King, Ghave tokens (possibly Ghave-sacrifice), Odric, Mayael, and Karthuus/Kresh.
    It's funny, because the soldier tribe got a big boost in 2013. Captain of the watch will be useful once elspeth and hero of blade hold rotate out of standard. And then I can go blue-white with talrand, st Traft, and Drogskol captain.
    I'm making a mono white EDH deck centered around Odric. It's almost all soldiers and knights, all giving each other boosts.
    So if I remember correctly, you're in Portugal, right? Well I'll be in Spain by Friday morning (Spanish time). Aaand...there's a card distribution/event center not 300m from where I'm staying! There's a slight...slight chance that I might make the Core 2013 prerelease!

If I can get off work, that is...
    Really? an Hour? I usually take...a half hour or 45 mins (tops) for a best of three-game round.

It's really a lot of fun. Regular Magic is all about playing consistent combos and cards. EDH/Commander is all about the INSANITY of the combos you can pull off.
    The games are much longer and slower paced. And they're usually multiplayer, at least 3-4 people.
    Commander is played with 100 card decks, with one "commander" who stays in the command zone instead of the deck or the hand. The deck can't have more than one of each card beyond basic lands. You can only play cards that share a color with mana on your commander. And you start with 40 life
    But now I've tweaked it insane! And I think it gets waaay better now. Still need to pick up some of these cards, but that shouldn't take too long.

• Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…