• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
R
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• While Cloyster and Sharpedo might be slightly redundant, the rest of the team is balanced pretty nicely. It needs testing though. As for nicknames, I don't get Dr. Wily or Freudian, but Cuddles is pretty hilarious.
    Ok, now to rate.

Accelgor doesn't need Sludge Bomb. The only type that move is good against is Grass, which you have Bug Buzz for. Replace Energy Ball with Giga Drain, which heals you and (in this gen) only has 5 less base power. Also, give it Hidden Power Ice over Sludge Bomb.

If you're running a Magnezone, there are two things it needs: Magnet Pull and an Air Balloon. Magnezone is doing its job best against a Steel type, since most are very annoying to have to deal with. Magnet Pull traps them and basically lets you kill them with little to no trouble. Try this instead:

Magnezone@Air Balloon
    Timid nature
    36 HP/252 SAtk/220 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Charge Beam

The idea is to switch into a Ferrothorn or Forretress--a Steel type that can't hit you back--and set up a Substitute, then Charge Beam the crap out of it. The more Charge Beams you use, the more Special Attack you'll gain. And usually, you'll be able to stay in on the foe's counter, thanks to Substitute. Ferrothorn has nothing that can break it--not even the Choice Band set's Bulldoze, thanks to your Balloon. Hidden Power Fire is good for hitting Scizor and Lucario, who are known for being able to hit back with Superpower and Close Combat, respectively.
    The relationship could be fleshed out more, but otherwise you're fine.

Ok, bare with me on this: don't use Alakazam. Use Gengar instead. Gengar has similar coverage, three immunities, a great movepool, and can run several great sets. This one is a personal favorite of mine:

Gengar@Leftovers/Black Sludge
    Timid nature
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Substitute
    -Disable

Now I know what you're thinking: "Disable? In competitive? WAAAAAT." I thought the same thing at first, too. But what you can do is, you can switch in on an Outrage from a Salamence or Dragonite after it kills one of your mons. After that, set up a Substitute as it uses Outrage again (you'll outspeed it unless the Dragon has a Scarf or a Dragon Dance boost). Next, use Disable. Since the foe is stuck in Outrage, he's stuck doing absolutely nothing. This isn't the only use for it, either--you can also use it to disable Tyranitar's and Scrafty's Crunch, Alakazam's Psychic, Gliscor's Acrobatics, and a lot of other threats. Plus, Ghost/Fighting offers perfect neutral coverage, which is why Focus Blast is on this set.
    I think you did a good job with everything :L

On the team, scrap all the Returns. Normal moves aren't doing anything for you that they can't do anyway. Here's what you should do with Infernape:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive/Hasty
    - Overheat/Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Mach Punch

This set can handle attacking on both sides of the spectrum. It has Mach Punch for priority. Close Combat lowers the defenses, sure, but Infernape's are so low to begin with that you might as well not bother trying to preserve them. Flare Blitz and Overheat are incredibly powerful, but they both have their drawbacks, as you know. Overheat is probably preferred, since you'll be switching a lot anyway. HP Ice is for Gliscor, who would otherwise wall the crap out of you.

For Sharpedo, all you really need to do is make it Adamant and give it Protect over Return. Since you have Speed Boost, giving it a nature that increases its Speed isn't the best idea.
    I like it, yeah. Kinda reinforces Wily being the antagonist. And the fourth move for Cloyster can be a number of things. Usually, it's a Water move--Surf can be used for a Special attack, to take advantage of the Special Attack boost that is given; Razor Shell (as you saw me use) is used as a physical Water move; and a third option is Ice Shard, which always goes first and keeps priority users from killing you (in most cases).
    Well. Wily's a prick.

By the way, you can join the Crystalline Guard channel under the Channels tab. That way you can meet the cast before you join, and it'll help you find me easier.
    I like it :3

I have to ask why that link is to Brickshelf, though. And when you get your team ready, we should battle so I can test it.
    Uuuuuhhh...maaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeee...

• Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…