• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Eh. I too happen to have a friend who knows how to hack the heck out of stuff. Not hard to believe at all. -_-
    ...than why are you saying 'sigh' and 'DANG' about catching a shiny? Not the most positive words... :/
    There is no one 'best' nature - it depends on the Pokemon and how you intend to use it. There are a few that tend to be used more than others, but there is no 'best' nature, really. And all, after all, give a 10% boost to a stat and a 10% decrease of a stat (or neither). None is 'easier' to EV train than others idea as they do not affect EVs, just the stats.
    Yea I've been training for a while that and breding. I have been bored but I've been getting into tourney action just to keep busy
    He didn't use Rain dance? Wow. But that just shows how much win he is made of. =)

And the Macho Brace doubles the EVs you get from each battle, but not the max amount you can get - it always caps at 510 EVs max for all stats, and 255 EVs for each stat maximum. It just gets you the EVs you want faster. Unsure where you're getting the idea about tripling from either. :/
    And the name itself... and that it likes punching (kangaroos do punch), and that it has a joey (baby kangaroo) in it's pouch...

Kangaskhan kinda needs a pre-evolution - baby ones already have another one in their pouch. >_<

Yeah, Macho Brace helps. Does make them slower while they hold it, but pretty minor drawback for saving you a fair amount of time.
    Yes, you can get a rough idea of what EVs (effort values) Pokemon give. Of course it's best to confirm by looking at serebii.net's dex - at the bottom of each page of each Pokemon it says, and in the 4th gen dex you can also find Pokemon by EVs given out. (and make sure you're looking at the right generation of dex - 3rd or 4th gen).

And there is no Hop attack... =P And it is definately based on a kangaroo. -_-
    (character limit - second post)

And just work like that. If your Pokemon has 'Pokerus' (rare 'disease' they get which helps them), you get twice as many EVs, and if they are holding the Macho Brace, they also get double the EVs. (E.g. Geodude killed while poke holding Macho Brace = 2 EVs given in defence). The Proteins, Irons, etc give 10 each but don't work if your Pokemon has more than 100 EVs in that stat.

Using EV training you can makes some stats better than what they normally are, and save any EVs (and stat gains) that would otherwise go into a stat you don't need (like Attack for a Special Attacker).

...does that help? Just typed it from the top of my head...
    But there is. Kangaskhan feels unloved now.

And well, I learnt what I know about EV training from guides, so... :/ (Have you tried the ones in the 3rd gen section (or 4th if there is one there) on the forums?).

Tips, tips... hmm. First off, EVs - you can get a max of 510 of them, 255 max for one stat. You get some towards a stat each time you kill a Pokemon (or use a Protein, etc). Every four EVs gives a 1 stat point gain. Basically just look at the stats you want to trian your Pokemon in, then use the site's dex for Pokemon who give out EV's for those Pokemon. Find where they are, and kill them.

E.g. for Defence, Geodude gives one each. Killing one with your Pokemon gives 1 EV towards defence - four Geodude fainted = 4 EVs = 1 stat point gain in defence.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…