• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes, it is, but it really should be popular with everybody. It's the funniest comic I've ever read in any format, and it probably competes with xkcd in terms of being smart without being so niche. There are probably very few people throughout the entire world who get the joke in every strip. Also, I'm afraid I made a mistake when I recommended Garfield Minus Garfield; the good modified comic is called "Real Garfield" or something, where Garfield is re-drawn as a more realistic, non-wisecracking cat. I apologize for the error, and hope that if you look it up, you'll enjoy it more (but in my defense, Jim Davis did authorize a publication of Garfield Minus Garfield, so it's an honest mistake).

In my experience, microbiology only involved chemistry in a basic, tertiary way, and I couldn't imagine that it would be more chemically-involved than, say, a class that covers neurotransmitters (which I assume you've had at some point). What's your chemistry background so far like? And thanks for that resource! I hadn't seen it before, no, but it sure looks like a wealth of information. And I didn't see much in the way of pharmacology, specifically, in my area, but there were a lot of other interesting opportunities (which may be just what I need, as at this point, I'm kind of wondering how dedicated I am to this specific field).
    There's a thread in the wrong section, wondering if you could move it

(Not sure if I was suppose to use report but eh)
    Good man, Profesco, good man. I don't specifically know how many books of his I have, but it's safe to say that it rivals my Far Side collection. Still, it seems that you may have learned more from Garfield than I have. The most profound advice of his that's stuck with me over the years is, "You are what you eat. So avoid fruits and nuts." Incidentally, have you ever seen Garfield Minus Garfield? If you like Jon's antics, you'll either love it, or be deeply disturbed by it. So it's worth looking into either way.

You're right, of course. Still, the marijuana misinformation, unlike most other political misinformation, seems to have spread beyond Capitol Hill and into the general populace. I mean, there are clearly special interests pushing this sort of baloney to Congressmen, but usually people don't buy into it. Take fracking, for instance, which most people think is a total abomination, but is apparently okayed in Congress. And yeah, what you said is totally true: people are bizarrely OK with using anecdotal information to support marijuana, even people who should honestly know better (like Carl Sagan, apparently). No one thinks that just because a chain smoker never gets lung cancer, cigarettes are fine, but they'll use the exact same sort of reasoning if it's in favor of marijuana, and I simply have no idea why. They're also ignoring/dismissing all of the research that shows that it can be harmful. It's just baffling, and a bit frightening.
    Yes, they say that with great powers come great responsibilities. Of course, they left personal gain out of that equation, so I'm not quite sure how relevant it is. And I know I shouldn't be, but I'm still surprised at the keenness of your knowledge on Garfield. Pleasantly surprised, of course.

Ah-ha, that is a good read indeed. Politics aside, the single thing I dislike the most about the marijuana legalization movement (whether or not they succeed) is that it creates the illusion that marijuana is not only not dangerous, but even safe. And it's just so sad, and a little shocking, that people actually believe it. (along with all of the other ridiculous pro-marijuana lies)
    He would be interested in bridging the contradictions (observation vs. social conventions) of the rituals you just described.
    ----------
    What do you guys do when you are bursting with observational irony but social convention dictates suppression?

Like the pregnant bride walking down the aisle in a white dress, or the Buddhist monk preaching detachment from material comforts from the silken altar of a three-story golden temple.
    ----------
    Read Victor Turner.
    If Romney had won, my repealing age of consent debate would relevant again.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much noticing there is not much mod staff in Misc. in general, but debates, being as charged-up an area as it is, bears the brunt of the vitriol. It's slightly depressing. We ought to get more moderation staff, but I could hardly see that happening.
    Oh, alright. Here's a neato link that I had backed up just in case. I'm fairly sure it's in general discussion... If it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have found your profile from the GD rules page.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?144786-I-wasn-t-sure-where-to-post-this-so-I-went-here

It's been inactive for six years. Bumping it would do it no service, as the topic itself is irrelevant to my current skills. I'm probably just wasting your time with my flawed reasoning, but if it's any consolation, I'd rather have it closed than deleted. As they say, I am nobody without a history, be that history a trail of concentrated infamy or a rising walkway of fame.

Thanks for checking this out. : )
    Hey, if I wanted one of my ancient threads closed, who would I contact?

...Would I contact you? I'm pretty sure I'd have to PM you, but I wasn't sure if there was a policy on that or not. I heard a lot of mods are off doing stuff.
    Butting all up in to your conversation w/ BCVM but Challenge mode is sooooo not just helping you with training

I am constantly underleveled compared to surrounding trainers in White 2, even with the change in EXP system. Certainly not like Normal Mode
    Interesting. In Normal Mode, I had issues being underleveled just about until the initial Elite Four run.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…