• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
C

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• As it is an offtopic point:

----------
    Well, with a remake of Ruby and Sapphire most likely on the way, I think we still have a few years left in Gen V.
    ----------
    Not so, imo - it may happen but atm I don't think a RS remake is likely, at least for this generation. They suddenly rushed out nigh every single 5th gen event Pokemon over the last year (compared to others where it was much more gradual and designed to extend for the length of the generation), and the anime is also close to ending (and that tends to match game releases more or less), hence I have the feeling the next set of games may be a new gen. Or even something completely different to the previous trends, who knows.

Time will tell I guess. =p
    It's a little funny that we're both on the side of banning cloning entirely and yet we're arguing. :p
    once the dust settles, and the people who can clone are established, and the people who don't want to be bothered move to another forum, it will be back to business as usual.
    even if it's only a few members who will be able to clone, the amount of people who leave will even out in such a way that the cloners left will likely not even be swamped with requests.
    is it? are the people who will be cloning using the glitch going to charge you more? it affects who you can do business with, to be sure. but I don't think the cost is going to change. they'll continue to keep a copy for themselves in exchange for the service.
    well, in an ideal world, no one would clone or RNG abuse. but again, detection is nigh-impossible.
    I work in a job where you need to choose which rules to enforce and which to let slide, so his decision makes perfect sense to me. I never like it, but sometimes you just have to let some things go if you want to progress.
    which is why i keep saying to just let it go :p
    the thing is, Joe said he preferred not to have ANY cheating whatsoever. I really think the main issue is the use of anything outside of the game to gain an advantage (be it hacking, cloning or RNG abuse)
    the glitch is all within the game and doesn't require any outside devices or programs, so thats what makes the difference. sure, it would be preferable to NOT clone at all, but it's a glitch that *could* happen by accident. I think that's why he left it in as an option. I doubt he really wants to though
    I'm sorry if you feel that way. I do my best to reason with people like that, but people can just get so unreasonably butthurt.

But hey, it's over now. Most of the people who threw insults at me have either moved on to Neoseeker or taken the fact that cloning is gone on the chin.
    Hey, I just felt like I should say something.

----------
    I know my opinion means jack squat since I'm not a big regular or anyone important,
    ----------
    You got respect from me just for having an opinion. And don't get discouraged if you feel like you're "small". Your opinion is still valuable, even if it does go against mine. So, mad props to you.
    Can't say either, never been there. Serebii was the only trade forum I was ever active on, and I really liked the lax attitude up until now.

Incidentally, I'm not sure of your personal stance towards pokecheck, but is this http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2625465 the event pokemon you are looking for? You could always download it yourself if you want to, and any one you find in a trade thread will probably be that one any way since it is so common.
    Ah an event Gengar, I'm afraid I cannot help :/ I thought maybe you were searching for a flawless shiny one, sorry. You can try Neoseeker forums though, I have heard many event collectors from here mentioning setting up shop there and from what I hear they have no issues with AR cloning, you might get lucky thee still =)
    I noticed you were looking for a Gengar, was their a particular one you were after? I have RNGed all of the pokemon (well, except for 6) and I might be able to help you if I have what you are looking for =)
    I've never heard of them, so I don't think I can be of much help in advising you on their rarity.

The best I can tell you is to keep in mind that the fact that all events were local-only back then means that Generation III events were more difficult to obtain than events in the Wi-Fi-enabled generations.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…