• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey. Since you can't see the staff forum anymore, I am really sorry to see you go. It was fun working with you and I hope you at least continue to hang around as a regular member. I'll miss you if you don't :(
    It's sad but true. I guess it's because it's totally appropriate and apolitical, what with it being published across the world and needing to be relatable to dozens of cultures.

Oh, wow. I knew there were at least two distinct sides to psychology, but the way you describe it makes it sound like three is more accurate. I'm surprised that you're aiming so far towards the scientific/inner workings side, though. Every time you mentioned psychology, I figured that you were referring to becoming a counselor or a therapist or something. Still, I can see the appeal of tackling what is probably the biggest question in all of human existence (to be honest, I can't even conceive of a possible physical explanation as to how thought works). How are people even doing the research that leads into deciphering thought in the first place? Anyway, no, I've never had anything published, nor have I ever even submitted anything anywhere. I heard the same thing from my writing professor this semester about how you've got to send a lot of work to a lot of people to have any shot at being published. I'll check out what Cipher had to say, too. I think maybe my problem is that I don't read much, and when I do it's usually books anyway, so I don't really know what sort of opportunities are really out there. I really do need to read more. Ha, thanks for another vote of confidence, but I'm not too sure that most people out there agree with your sentiment.
    Would I be capable of talking to you about flaws I've noticed in the VM system? Because I notice a lot of other folks have been wanting to talk with the mods about it, but if nobody's going to take action, I, as the one voted to be most likely to become a mod (Once, precisely) will take up the call of duty (Pun not intended) and express my thoughts on the matter.

Well, that, and you'd probably get what I'm saying. You and I have a history together that I seem to lack with other folks, being that you've closed some of my threads in the past, and I think that makes you a righteous and thoughtful dude.
    Though that more or less is my point bro because, conscious energy, god, humans and indeed all other beings are respectively just conscious energy in different stages of evolution.
    All that i have done is verbalized a small facet of the true art of gnosis.
    ----------
    Pulled a Darkrai EX, an Entei EX, a full art Darkrai EX, and a secret rare golden Pokemon Catcher. *o*

Now to figure out how to best sell some of them...
    ----------
    This may seem a bit of an odd question (and I do plan to get back to our previous conversation about whether things can deserve to exist), but have you had any success figuring that out? Recently I've been trying to find out as much as I can about selling cards, since that could really help my funds if I want to get into organized play.
    It's too bad you can't find any Far Side comics online - a product of Gary Larson being reasonable with pirates, instead of attempting to legislate around them. Who knew? And I agree that Garfield as-is is still better. I don't get why so many people dislike it.

I think you'll be just fine. Most of what you'll need to know about NAD+/NADH is which one is being consumed to produce the other at what point in the process, and it just helps me to remember all the bits about reduction/oxidation, and makes it easier. Hm, that's interesting, though; I wouldn't have thought that psychology programs cared particularly about math/other sciences, even at the graduate level. Ahaha, thanks for the vote of confidence. Still, that sort of thing makes deciding on careers harder, because if you're good at or enjoy only a few things, then at least your choices are narrowed down. And another apt observation, Profesco; if I could do anything, it would be writing for a satire like The Onion or a sitcom, or just short stories, or even something like a comic strip. My problem is that none of those sound super-realistic or reliable, so I feel that going with something like science is just safer. And aren't there things besides thought that interests you? How'd you choose that over anything else? But I'll agree with you that peoples' thoughts are more interesting than the people themselves, anyway. Usually.
    Yeah, they are more science-inclined than anything else, but they require knowledge of other disciplines, too. For instance, one of my favorites that took me forever to get has the caption "Social morays", and is a bunch of eels at a cocktail party (because a moray is a type of eel, and then the joke is a pun on "social mores", ahaha... ha... ha). And yes, that is what I had in mind, though judging by your tone, you're less-than-amused once again. Man, I suck at recommending things lately.

Well, you're (mostly) in luck, then, because the chemistry in microbiology didn't cover any of that stuff (or at least mine didn't, I mean). You'll probably just need to be aware of the fact that NAD+/NADH uses a redox reaction to reduce other molecules, and that's only when you're on cellular respiration. I mean, you'll probably deal with chemicals a lot, like with Gram-staining and what components cells use and what-have-you, but it's not really "chemistry", I don't think. And you're "sorry" about that? My good man, perish the thought! Even if they don't relate directly to pharmaceuticals, there are some really great things listed on that site (including a fieldwork experience up in the mountains, close to where I'd like to live in the future... something to think about). Hm, I don't know why I'm suddenly leaning away. I think it's because I'm in a writing class this semester, and even though I enjoy biology and chemistry and the sciences, I'm not really passionate about them, and it's starting to seem like an overly-serious line of work that doesn't mesh well with my personality, or something. I dunno. How about yourself? What makes you so dedicated to a career in psychology?
    So it's Pokemon Profile Pic December on FB, for the 3rd year in a row, and it made me think of you because I use the Poke-people pics you so kindly donated to me.

Love you <3 <3 <3
    Really? Interesting. For some reason, I always thought it was the other way around. Maybe I read something wrong. : /

Well, next time I see that "Jo?n WOW Se?ver" post thing, I'll be sure to click that handy-dandy button. I have no idea why I didn't - Guess I was too afraid of not being specific enough or something.
    Ah. I figured that was the case. Since it's been six years since I joined, I figured I wouldn't have known.

I was reading the other day that CAPTCHA is designed on the premise that workaround technology either doesn't exist or is not readily available to spam artists. I'm sure there's a workaround already in the making, but considering how much cheaper it would be to pay somebody, I figure somebody just has way too much time on their hands or something.

The GPD thread was getting rather bombarded yesterday, I think. There was one thread that made the front page, and it was this great big advertisement for "Lost somethingorother Movie GET READY TO WATCH IT NOW" or something like that. It was a movie. I suppose I really should just report these things, but sometimes it's like an entire thread and I'm not sure the "Report Post Button" would suffice or not.
    I wasn't really sure who to tell this to or where to say it, but you seem like a well-read and sensible individual who might have an answer to my inquiry.

We're under attack by spambots. I might regret suggesting it, but would it be a good idea (Or even possible for that matter) to input a CAPTCHA code into the sign up feature?

I'm fairly sure this isn't the right depot, but at the same time at least you'll probably get what I'm talking about.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…