• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yep, I most certinly used the wrong word. I meant that I would be on hiatus for an unknown amount of time.

As for joining, I'd love to join. I'll go post a reserve right away.
    It is? Wow..
    Yeah, please do that. I do forget stuff quite fast, and school's hectic.
    Nah, I kind of was waiting for a title since a banner with nothing for text on it would look a little awkward.

Not a biggie though, plenty of RPs have done well without a banner. I really don't think it makes any real difference.
    Secret Story stuff, can you note any images that you want in your script, so that I can draw or photoshop them?
    I did think of something interesting that could possibly be done with the world. Maybe the world itself is so hot/cold that some Pokemon types don't even exist or are extremely few in number. In addition, some areas could be instantly fatal to some Pokemon but perfectly fine for others. In other scenarios, your world could have nights and days that last for months, or have lighter gravity so that most Pokemon could practically fly from just jumping. I almost never see that kind of thing done in RPs and yet it's very believable and possible. Might be something worth considering.
    Sounds good. That kind of map shouldn't be too much trouble.

Regrettably, I don't think I'll be able to take part in it myself. Classes start soon and these particular ones go all day. Good luck with it though. Hopefully this RP turns out better than my last few did.
    Actually, I do still have some other maps that could work as PMD maps if you need them altered for that.
    A milieu-based approach is good, but I think in order to keep things interesting, something needs to be done differently with the world, but that depends on what you would like to see out of this. Do you want the RP to be milieu-based with something along the lines of Gulliver's Travels or The Wizard of Oz where it's more about strangers in a new and unusual world trying to find their way back home, or something more Event-based like Lord of the Rings or Beowulf, where the story isn't so much about returning home as it is trying to solve a problem and crisis and these strangers have arrived at just the right time where they can make the most amount of impact? If it's more milieu, then we need to make the world strange, fantastical, and unusual so it's interesting to explore and people can be open to ideas with it. But if it's event-based, then that's not as necessary and more focus could be on the issue that's at hand.

I'm not too crazy about the stone collection thing. Maybe go for something else this time that needs to be done for the characters to go back home. Some kind of ritual, monster(s) to defeat, portal that needs to be opened, something along those lines. Or maybe it's something that needs to be discovered in time and people don't know right away, which would make logical sense. All the PMD games leave people pretty much in the dark right from the beginning, and only much later do they discover hidden truths and suddenly realize the whole story.

I like the idea of a personality quiz. It's about time a PMD RP actually does that. It dares people to try something out of their ordinary comfort zone and go for something new, which I think might enhance the experience. Plus having 2-3 choices will ensure that if choice #1 is definitely not what the person wants, they won't feel like quitting early.

I don't mind making a banner and world map though, but I just need to know a little more about what you plan on doing with this.
    That's really too bad. CF was going to go to your character's show. You should tell her about this, so she's not left hanging. That's all I ask.
    Hey there, I was wondering if you still plan on signing up for my rp, Team Freewill? Sorry for bugging you I know you're probably quite busy! ^^'
    Must be. Lol.

I choose that from like 5 names because
    a) I like the name Ashley
    b) My favorite Character from Doctor Who has the last name 'Williams'.
    c) Perhaps I should play Mass Effect? Lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…