• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• We're R1 opponents for this week. Lemme know when you can play in the next few days.
    It's not just the cascade...it's the combos you get in RUG colors. It's just...so good, and so much fun.

Thespian's Stage is...eh? Copy a land (even forever) while setting you behind a turn. I mean...I guess there might be some sort of use for it. But...I'd rather play cards.

Spark is decent. He's essentially a "gain-six" for 4 mana...maybe even deal some damage to the opponent. Unless they've got first strike, in which case he's 4 mana do-nothing/waste a turn. Duskmantle Seer seems interesting. I'm not a fan of giving your opponent cards, though I guess it's okay if they don't get it during THEIR upkeep...still...Ragebeast will be a pretty good Limited bomb. I think at 7 mana he's just too much for the faster Standard Constructed format now. I mean, he's no Angel of Serenity. Unexpected results could be interesting. I'm not sure how to play it yet...since you sort-of have to build around it to make it useful. But it might be decent in some other formats.
    You deal them 40 regular damage or they take 21 damage from your Commander. And every time your commander would go into exile or the graveyard you may put it in the Command Zone. Then when you cast it next, it costs 2 (Colorless) more. And each additional time you cast it it costs 2 more (increasing with each time).
    They are unpredictable...but that's why you choose cards that do a lot of the same things. And you find ways to Tutor up the cards you really need.
    Except Swords isn't Modern Playable. It's Legacy/Vintage/EDH.

Yeah. That's the general EDH rules. Only one of each card except the 5 basics. And you can only play cards that share colors with your General (though you can play colorless/artifacts, too). And your cards can't have mana symbols that aren't on your commander either. So You wouldn't be able to play Feeling of Dread in an Odric Deck (b/c of the Blue). In fact, even with lands (basics included) you can't play cards with non-white/colorless mana symbols on them...anywhere.
    I don't think it'll see much constructed standard play. Boros Charm? yes. Simic Charm? yes. Dimir Charm? quite possibly. Gruul Charm...less likely (there's better options). Orzhov Charm? Eh...in Standard, probably not. Maybe it'll see something more in Modern, Legacy, or Vintage where 1-drops are better. We've only got Champion of the Parish and Deathrite Shaman is decent 1-drops (unless they really want those Avacyn's Pilgrims and Arbor Elves back)...maybe a Vexing Devil...but still. And I don't see it being used as removal (in older formats) because there's stuff like Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile.

I think the bounce portion of the Charm was so you could replay creatures and auras and get the Extort bonus off of them (again, possibly).
    Yeah, I went back and picked up on it too. It's better, I suppose. Especially for an Aggro deck. I'm just not impressed with it. I'm not a fan of conditional spells.

Orzhov...yeah...it's kinda weird. Reanimate a 1cmc...the only things worth reanimating at that point are Champion of the Parish and Deathrite Shaman. Then there's the bounce your stuff effect. Which is good for getting them out of harm's way, I suppose. And then there's the kill spell...which I guess isn't terrible. Except you're losing life. The idea is probably to have gained a bunch of life via Extort so that the lifeloss from the kill spell isn't too much.
    The Website is probably down. I'm getting the same error. Try looking at mtgSalvation for spoilers. It's a bit more organized anyway.
    Yeah...but so does just about anything that deals damage...

Unblockable by things with flying. If your opponent has lots of ground stuff (which like...70% of the meta is) then it really doesn't do much.
    Zealous Conscripts, some of the new Dimir Cards...they take control of things.

Wait...just about everything with flying survives 3 damage. Sigarda, Restoration Angel, Angel of Serenity, Niv, Rakdos, Griselbrand, Thundermaw, any of the legendary Avacyn Restored Angels...Desecration Demon, Olivia Voldaren (if she's big enough)...

It's decent...it's just very very situational. And I'm not sure it's constructed playable.
    Hey Nie, what's up? I don't know if you've been keeping up with the anime? Any thoughts about that disgrace of a Unova League? I'm excited for Pokémon X & Y though xD
    Looks like we were both wrong about Gruul Charm. It's packing some SERIOUS flying-hate...
    A spot just opened up in FNM #1. You'd have to take a R1 loss, but you'd get to play rounds 2 and 3.
    I could see burn, artifact hate, possibly even pump or trample. I don't think they'll print a second fight card when they have Pit Fight at the common level already. It's unlikely that they'll print anything exactly the same that's been on other charms though. And we've already had artifact hate in Rakdos and Enchantment hate in Golgari. They might do haste, possibly even mass-damage or mass-hate, but mass-hate (artifact or enchantment) is less likely at the creature level. I'm more excited for Orzhov Charm. Kill? Exile? Life loss? Tokens? Graveyard bounce? Who knows.

Lord of the Void also seems fun for Limited and EDH.
    Maybe, but that's sort of the point, isn't it? That's their "green" mode of use, the "go bigger" aspect of green. Simic's Hexproof is the Green and Blue mode, and the bounce is the Blue mode.

Look at Boros. It's Red mode is direct damage, like Izzet Charm's 2-creature burn, and Rakdos's 1-for-each-creature-you-control burn (also it's artifact-hate). It's dual mode is Double Strike (both White and Red), and it's White mode is indestructible (ie protection). So there's bound to be a lot of overlap with the charms, especially with Guilds that share a 3-color alignment.
    People I played with never cared about proxies when it came to casual stuff like EDH or deck-testing. Some cards are so old and rare that they're nearly impossible to get your hands on, and if you finally did, there's the chance that the card wasn't exactly what you were looking for and wouldn't live up to your expectations,
    I mean...I proxied up a bunch of EDH decks irl. Ghave, Mayael, Maelstrom Wanderer, and Kaalia.
    They can. But it depends, really. It only lasts for an hour when it's several people and many complicated interactions. 1v1 is a long game, but nothing unheard of.

Yeah...but you're running combo pieces, not a Control deck. Control and Combo are very different things.
    You should also try and throw an EDH deck together sometime (at least on trice). Those games can be a lot of fun.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…