• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
R

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks! Counting only the REs I did of Eevee, it took 5,341 REs. Good luck with your hunt! I know it can get annoying doing the repel trick, and you've already gone longer than I had to, but hopefully it shines for you soon!
    Snivy and Mareep are just irresistible shinies I guess :p Haha! That's a shame about your DS and things ban, but good luck for when you get them back! I hope you'll be able to hunt again sooner rather than later! :D
    Yes, that's pretty much the best way to hunt for an 'early shiny frame' file in Emerald. Though sometimes I'll only bother doing 30 SR a file.
    Thank you! And I do know you're a girl, did I say differently somewhere by accident? :O I am hoping to get Totodile when I eventually get round to it, but I'll probably check every starter because I think 1 or 2 spares to keep in their first/second evolution would be a nice bonus, though I would prefer if I somehow got Totodile first try!
    Thanks for the luck, I have had hunts at 15000 and 18000 before, but I did get them, having 2 over 19000 just really sucks thats all. 9 Shinies with 2 double over the odds, and all my hunts are basically double right now so, safe to say, I am horribly unlucky :/
    Anyway, good luck to you on your hunts too!
    I really have no idea - it depends if the odds of finding any shiny increase as the chain gets higher. You'd have to ask someone who knows about chaining. ^^;
    Yes, you should change your files frequently in Emerald, maybe even every 30 SR. Because I've noticed when hunting for an 'early shiny frame' file they tend to appear sooner rather than later. Yes, it does affect random encounters too. If say your file had a frame with a Modest natured Pokemon at 15 seconds of game play, you'd encounter that exact same Modest Pokemon (with the same IV's) every time you encountered a battle at 15 seconds of game play, regardless of wether you SR for it or just did a random encounter.
    Haha yeah.; After I get Eevee I'll go back to Growlithe. I have a feeling the little bugger will make me go to 2,000 but I love MM so I have quite a bit of patience for it. Not feeling to good right now though, I've caught a head cold. I remember getting my Snivy. The night before, a Wednesday I was talking to my cousin on FB saying that getting all these Jolly natured Snivy was a sign. And the next day I was just doing more resets and it shone! Usually I'd look at it's nature and stuff first before checking its sprite but on that reset, something told me "look down first" so I did and a beautiful shiny Snivy was staring back at me! I screamed and saved times in a row XD. He's my first ever SR shiny and I still can't believe that he shone after only 5 days of SRing and an estimated ~1000 resets! I was prepared to go after it for weeks but it looks like he had other ideas. Also, my brother, who's a pokemon hater knows I'm a Shiny Hunter and the other day he was like to me:"You know that resetting your game to get a shiny never works right?" Me:"Actually, it does *shows him my five SR shinies*.
    Oh sorry, I thought I replied but checking back, I didn't! Thank you, I hope you get yours soon too! Shiny Growlithe/Arcanine looks great in yellow, though I'm a sucker for yellow shinies, hehe! And good luck with your other hunts too! I'm kind of ashamed about how long Snivys taking now, so I'm going to try and pick up the pace. Spent this week playing through HeartGold though to get a regular Ho-Oh for a trade so no shiny progress this week, ah well! :D
    Thanks! Have you ever done a Badge Quest before? This is my first one and I'm already planning to do a Platinum, Firered and White Badge Quest as well. I do remember your awful shiny female Combee hunt. I believe you got like five Shiny Rapidash's, three Shiny Tranquills, a Shiny Cherrim, a Shiny Heracross, a Shiny Pinsir and one or two shiny Male Combee before you finally got your Shiny Female Combee.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…