• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Z
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Mind you I watched the Episode N arc in Japanese with subtitles. It was quicker to get them. I did, however, notice that the dubbing stayed fairly well on target.

I haven't watched pokemon regularly since it moved to CN; however that is because I lacked cable. I always kept abreast of what generally happened to Ash in his adventures. By the time the N story arc came around, I was able to easily find these episodes on the web within days of their airing in Japan...and with subtitles.

I can't help but feel that N in the anime is slightly more well-rounded than N in the games, but what people tend to forget when they say that N is "pure" and thus doesn't know anything beyond math and his desire to separate humans from pokemon is that the Seven Sages gave him a spectacular education. All they had to do with keeping his drive "pure" was surround him with pokemon who seemed to fit what they were telling him...that humans only abused pokemon and needed to be kept separate from them. N is not an ignorant git. He is a bit socially awkward as a result of such isolation but he was never totally cut off from people as a lot of others tend to think. What do you think his sisters were there for?

I did like, however, the fact that in the anime his sisters shared his talent for being able to understand pokemon "talk"...I still don't think it is actual pokemon speech but he's got some sort of unconscious skill going on humans don't normally have under any circumstances. I don't think it is because he was raised by pokemon in his early years. Iris was too and she cannot do it. The fact his sisters can suggests to me that they might be his real-life sisters and none of them really knows the fact. All three were urchins of sorts, taken in and raised by a very evil man who misdirected their emotions for his own gain.
    I don't mind; if you know. Thank you. I have some idea of what is generally said throughout by now. I like the sound of Mewtwo's original voice and it changed here...you notice it was a lot quieter than the cold hardness used in the first movie; a deliberate action on the part of the VA to reflect how he'd changed since then.
    You can just delete them after you're done watching. :p

I know where the Japanese Mewtwo special is streamed, though it's not subtitled (in English, at least). I can PM it to you if that's OK.
    ----------
    As for the second movie, I very much want to hear what the original version of Lugia's Song sounded like. (Maybe I could find it on YouTube, but it probably has its own name and I don't know what to search for.)
    ----------
    Here you go.

Since you don't have access to the Japanese version of the franchise right now, I'll be happy to answer any questions any time. :)
    Haha. Well, not exactly a full-on "fan", but a bit fascinated with his singular-focus mind, that is for sure. How many people do you know whose passion and drive for what they do is so strong they'll forego the bosses that hired them for their expertise just because something more effective came along or something better occured to them? I bet Plasma paid him a fortune, and in the end, his attitude was , "who cares? The bonds between humans and pokemons are stronger than my machine...I'll go with that from here on out!" and promptly disbands the team.

And in the anime, sitting in a van being hauled off to prison didn't keep him from being hit by an inspiration he was all too eager instantly for.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…