• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
A

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Man, what a bummer! I mean, sure, great, you got a shiny and all ... but it chooses to appear when no one is actually there. And I want to be famous in the shiny chat thread. You know, the guy who says woo hoo or something? That one.

Fitz and the Tantrums sure sounds interesting. I must say I've never heard of them until now. And, umm ... not sure what to say about that joke, sorry. ;) (I couldn't come up with anything witty myself!)

Spinarak is amazing ... love that little guy. I need to get my own Hoothoot one day, so maybe I could babysit one of yours? lol
    lol, that's reassuring, at least!

The only reason I think about changing my ID is due to the fact that twice now I've changed my IDs while hunting starters and I've got them pretty much with an hour or so. I know it's all luck, but I just feel kind of refreshed and that I might have more luck if I try on another ID.

In the end though, it's all just superstitious thoughts and opinions, so ... that hasn't stopped me from changing my ID twice since last time. I'm terrible! I miss one of the IDs now ... it was kind of unique!

Mega congrats on Nidoran Male!!! But I'm mad ... Why couldn't you have gotten it sooner when I was actually around? ;) Or had you left chat by that stage? He looks amazing. What band is he named after, anyway?
    YEAHHH! Congrats man! So glad your perseverance on that route paid off with such an epic shiny! Shiny Nidoking is such a boss! Jealous :-( haha

How's the Giratina hunt coming along? Hopefully this is the start of a nice lucky streak for you!
    Now I feel dumb because my ID was 33266, which is somewhat interesting ... well, compared to stuff like 39421, etc. I have to remind myself that it's just an ID, but ... I still feel like 33266 was a little more interesting than 39421. Does this mean I have OCD?

Okay, fingers crossed this hunt goes quickly on top of my other one. I aim to go for Piplup, too, some time in the future, hopefully before XY, and I don't have much time left! None of us do!

I'm determined to get an XY shiny. I really hope I'm not stuck for months SRing, though ... but having said that, I might not have enough willpower to sit there SRing if I can't actually move on for months, too. I'm thinking if I SR on two games I have a greater chance. But we'll see what happens, I guess!
    Haha cheers dude! Can't believe how quick it's all coming along now!

Lol to be honest I have no idea what my final hunt will be, not even sure what hunt 5 is yet haha. Hats off to ya for deciding on musketeer trio to finish your quest when you get there. Don't think I've got the patience to finish with 3 SR hunts! But they are definite targets for me sometime in the future.
    Come on, Aqua's possible shinies! Time to shine. Let's see if that hurries them up at all. (Probably not ...)

Yeah, I know ... I've actually started resetting for another ID before I got your message. I want something interesting instead of just 39257 or whatever. I don't even know why I ask these silly questions sometimes because deep down I know it doesn't really matter. I just sometimes feel like I need to ask, though. If only these SRs weren't so long ... It's so awful. I guess that a Pokémon intro isn't made with shiny hunters in mind, but let's hope newer gens don't make the SRs all that longwinded.
    Heya Aqua!

This might be a weird question, but when you hunted for your Snivy did you change IDs a bit or did you just solidly SR until one sparkled? I get that everything is so random, but I guess I feel like I might want to reset for another ID to see how I fare with that one instead ... or maybe I shouldn't be so hasty/impatient/worried and just go with the flow ...

How are you, anyway?
    It's funny, because I was so excited to see a shiny Druddigon being advertised so long ago. I already had mine, but it was still awesome. I guess I get a kick out of seeing anything shiny getting promoted.

So, you mean to make each Muskedeer literally one third of a whole, so to speak? Hey, that's an idea. And you'd probably be up for that!

I'm trying to work out where people end up going if they don't like the forest in the end. Not sure where they disappear to. And other stuff like that. I mean, how am I meant to get a full forest if they disappear and I can't find them on either game? I guess that I knew I needed to talk to them, but I've linked up a few times and it's gotten a little confusing because certain Pokémon have disappeared after I've linked up, etc. So, I guess I'll never know the exact specifics of it all.
    Hopefully you bag something soon now you've gone over the odds. And shiny Giratina is awesome man, one of my favs! I think that's why we've both got it as our avatars!

Lol yeah I remember that BQ on heartgold like it was yesterday. That bloody slugma drove me insane! 4,590 eggs and then Ratatta after that with 19,900 RE's. I think those 2 hunts definitely helped me become a better shiny hunter though.

Yeah I've got hunt 4 ready to go now and I'm starting it tomoz. I'm in relic castle hoping for either sandile or yamask. Hoping for an average hunt this time instead of too short or too long. Although I never turn my nose up at a short hunt if it wants to give me it!

Good luck on your hunts dude!
    Hopefully Hugh behaves himself! ;) That guy only cares about his sister's Purrloin and a shiny is just another obstacle in the way!

Well, in that case I'd go for Volcarona or Virizion. Both are really amazing shinies. Druddigon is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I approve of that hunt, too! Probably not helping much, though, am I?
    Thanks buddy :) yeah I was glad this one was a short hunt. I don't mind long hunts but sometimes it's nice to just occasionally get a little lucky, especially during a badge quest!
    Yeah mines female too! I like the brown of shiny female Unfezant so I didn't mind what gender it was. Looking forward to hunt 4 now whatever it may be.

How's your hunts going?
    First of all, hurry up Giratina!

Ahem, okay.

I like the sound of your locations so far.

Would you hunt with Hugh for the sewers?

Braviary is a great choice, of course. I always forget what day he appears to SR for him.

Reversal Mountain is always a good choice. I think it has a great selection of Pokémon there!

Now, the final badge is a good question.

Have you got Kyurem yet? I know you can't get it until afterwards, but maybe you could make that an exception.

I found with my BQ that the further in the game the less new Pokémon appeared. I mean, sure, there's a lot of new routes, but Golduck seemed to infest a lot of them. So, I know my idea is probably not going to be agreed with, but maybe you could find a post game route and do your last BQ on that. There's also Victory Road, too, I suppose. You have a number of different areas in there. It just depends on what Pokémon you already have!

I also like Giant Chasm, as there's a lot of different Pokémon within the cave and the grass. It has great variety and you'd probably never get the same shiny twice, at least for a little while!

Let me know what your thoughts are and we can work with them.
    Did you notice right away? Or did it sort of take a few seconds to sink in? When Tepig shone ... I was all ready to SR as usual, but I immediately saw the star and the colour ... It probably wasn't as noticeable as my DSi XL or 3DS screen, as I was using my Lite at the time, but boy the hair on the back of my neck stood up, or some feeling washed over me, anyway!

I think it would be amazing to get a female starter.

Well, my hunts are kind of ... I don't know.

I have 2 more boxes of eggs to hatch. Nothing will be shiny, I can already tell. Then I was thinking of going back to White Forest, but the mechanics there confuse me a little, and now I'll be worried that I might run into a shiny Aron. I don't know why, but Starly and Wurmple disappeared as soon as I put in a Togepi ... but as far as I can tell, the people are still there. Maybe I'm just crazy or confused. I don't think I will get a shiny Rhyhorn from here, but I don't really want to breed for one, either. I don't know why. I could hunt in Platinum, I guess, but because I reset my game to SR for a starter, I will want to do that first. So, that's kind of another dilemma! And then there's a few random hunts that I sort of want to do, too. I guess I just need to pick one and that's that, huh?

Do you think I'm too lucky? lol ... I feel like I am sometimes. Probably kind of random, but I just feel like people must go, "Not that guy again!" sometimes.
    Wahoo!

I just read your post! That is really weird, maybe we should start saying stuff like that more often ...

Awesome that she's a female, too. I bet you had the funniest look on your face when you saw her!

Congrats! Good luck with your next hunt, Aqua!
    Massive congrats man! Glad Snivy decided to shiny after a relatively short hunt! Where are you hunting next on the BQ?
    lol hey yeah its me eeveelover i got my name change and im doing good thanks and teg is doing good as well...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…