• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So you thought i stopped loving you, but was the other way around :(

My thing for education would watch Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and play games, but put in real stuff about history and math facts, and stuff you need to write as you go on etc, and in the cartoons they teach it as it goes on.

L.F.D.
    I agree with you. I just can't think of many reasons to give bad rep to someone. Giving someone bad rep for having a different opinion is something I disagree with as it would lead to someone with an unpopular opinion to have a bad repuation on the forums. But I kinda think reputation is going to stay here...
    When people who haven't read the debate come in with a point that's already been discussed ad nauseum, I actually find it kind of amusing. I think it's the smug "Well, I bet you haven't thought of this" tone that I find funny. Sometimes his argument are just... what? Like the last abortion thread where he tried to argue that mathematical proofs are proof of his position...

I think I'd cry if I had to pay $1400/mo in rent. That's like... a mortgage payment. And I feel you on the other bills. Obviously utilities, car payment, car insurance, school loan payment... Being a 20-something sucks, man. I kinda feel like the older generation doesn't quite understand that it's a whole different ballgame than what they lived through at our ages. Being closer to places is definitely going to be kind of nice. I won't have to drive half an hour to go to a grocery store. It's almost weird to me to think that I won't have to plan my entire day on how many errands I can run at a time. And as far as the cats go, I haven't seen any listings that specifically forbid cats with claws, but I have seen several that want to have "interviews" with the animals (I dunno, do I need to make out a resume too? Like "1 1/2 yrs experience of climbing things. Enjoys catnip on her day off.") and I feel like not having them declawed might make our application more likely to be rejected. Landlords can basically make up any rules they want when it comes to animals. A lot of them have weight limits, breed restrictions, things like that. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to move either. I have some really nice bedroom furniture that my great-grandma gave me when she passed, but it's so big that it might have to wait until we have a real house. So a U-haul might (thankfully) not be necessary. I'm planning on going through and getting rid of a lot of things I don't need/want and seeing what all I can fit in my Jeep. I think the hardest part is going to be moving the cats.
    I love the discussion aspect of debates and seeing different viewpoints (assuming said viewpoints have been thought out well), but I feel like sometimes the debates here kind of just run in infinite circles. There's also the fact that I often want to counter someone's argument, but don't have the time to deal with six other people with, "Well, you didn't counter every argument I made, so your post is pointless" or something along those lines. For the abortion debate specifically, I don't have time to counter pro-life arguments that span thirteen pages. JDavidC being the OP makes me not want to join it either. I find his risk analysis argument to border on absurd, but it's a clever debate tactic considering it's asking everyone in the thread to prove a negative, which is basically impossible. And I know he's going to keep bringing it up over and over again because that's how he debates. I spent enough time in the last thread. I'm not sure there's much more I can add that I haven't already said, even if that thread is gone.

Oh, I'm definitely kind of terrified. I've definitely noticed the higher cost of living. When I was planning on staying in Illinois (or even Missouri), I could easily set my rent budget at around $400-500/mo and have plenty of decent options. Looking at places in Florida, I have to set my max budget closer to $900/mo. (Plus, finding places that will accept two cats that aren't declawed.) I have a lot of financial worries in that regard, especially considering I can't be wishy-washy on this. I'd rather not have to re-certify if I move so I have to decide where I'm going to be living/working before I take boards. My boyfriend is also going to still be going to school, so that will make me the primary financial provider, which is kind of a daunting thought. If I have to work two jobs, I will. That's not even getting into the fact that I know absolutely nothing about living in a city. Sometimes I forget how country I really am...
    Heh, how funny. Out of the starters, I always see Chespin getting the least attention.

Ah don't cry for me, Argentina. It's fun to be on ones own sometimes.
    I've been able to research some really interesting subjects for school. I will say, though, that it takes a different spin when people are actively trying to refute you. It also makes it a little difficult when people throw out some of the more... bizarre arguments.

Funds willing, I'm hoping to move states when I graduate at the end of the year. It will definitely be a change. Not really sure what to think about the idea of living in a big city. On the plus side, hospitals in larger cities do pay more.
    I dunno. I feel like my research for class was always more appreciated. Research for debate posts on sppf is met more with the online equivalent of sticking fingers in your ears and shouting, "Nu uh!"

It is a pretty nice feeling. :) I do feel bad that his plane is running late and it will probably be midnight by the time we get home. But if all goes well, we won't have to be doing this travelling thing for much longer.
    I've considered it but I have yet to decide if I'm going to participate. It certainly won't be for a while yet if I do. My boyfriend is flying in tonight so I won't be online much over the next couple of weeks. Either way, I don't feel like I have as much time (or the emotional energy) to do as much research as I did for the last thread.
    Just stopping by to say it's good to see you back in the debates forum. Always a pleasure to read your points of view. :)
    Oh I knew who Chespin is. I mean, what spoilers are they throwing it into?? Wording and such.

You know I've always had this reputation, don't even lie. I just celebrated my one year anniversary of living here! There was cake and pop and we pumped up the jams. And by that I mean I ate cake alone as I surfed through the internet. Woo, party!
    Would this get me support back if you like my idea

My friend who owns a game store. I have the idea of some of the other friends, and workers dressing up as Nintendo characters when the new SSB comes out, and standing outside and fighting.

L.F.D.
    That is certainly interesting! Where exactly can I find it online? I should tell you I actually did find a quote from Pieper in one book I was rereading. Hence my earlier statement was incorrect--I had heard of him, I'd just forgotten. (I should also tell you, if it wasn't painfully obvious, I completely botched my point about positive and negative rights. I had already thought of some challenges to that system, the Wikipedia page added more, and I wrote that when I was minutes from walking out the door to go somewhere.)

Pardon me for the abruptness, but do you mind if I change the subject?
    I also think that school should be only 4 hours a day and be held on the roof, and that the sugar toast should be incorporated into a new series of medical stuff, cause the benefits of it are amazing outstanding at the least.

L.F.D.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…