• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
JX Valentine

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sorry to keep hitting you with messages, but I wanted to tell you that I couldn't finish the review for Chapter 1 tonight, so I intend to do it tomorrow.
    Oh, I hope you don't think this was some sort of attempt at starting an exchange or anything. I wouldn't want you to feel obligated to do something you really don't want to.
    Hey. I know we don't really get along very well anymore, but I decided it would be worth it to read the remake of AEM after seeing what you've put up so far. I left a review for the prologue, and I plan to do the rest soon.
    Haha, not really, just moved onto other sites... something to do with the facism found on pokemon forums you mentioned to me in our very first conversation oh so long ago.

that's good to hear! i'm pretty okay, just got into university! i think i'm a lot happier than i was back in the day, a lot more content with life etc.

anyway the reason i popped in was because this summer i started working on my novel and i just want you to know you were always a very inspiring writer for me, even if i did get on your nerves a lot hahaha
    hi jax

it's oni raichu from pokecommunity if you remember me

just wondering how you've been?
    How to Put a Boat Fire Out:
    Also, as I noticed an update to your fic, could I get on the PM list? One because why not, and two, so I get a bit extra motivation to actually reading it, so long as that's not a problem for you?
    Awesome. Thank you.

And I found out that between you and Knightfall, my revisions should go real smoothly. He covers description really well, in all kinds, and you're good at just about everything, so. . . He left about as many description comments in my tutor session with him as you did given the two pages I had him look over. Need to return the favor and finish look over his current chapters.
    Probably best.

That was an epic fail on my part. Meant to say inside the quotes with the italics there just for emphasis. However, does that mean it should be "thank-yous?"
    I'm not even gonna try and figure out how Knight's question came around, but that's not what I'm posting here for. I actually have a writing technical question. If I used the sentence:

Without a word to be spoken outside of the standard “thank yous,†Leafblade left, heading back towards the main square.

is it correct to have the "s" in the italicized part as it is or what?

Actually, that sentence from my previous chapter just reads weirdly anyways, but still. . .
    I've got a strange question that just popped into my head: who's hair is more perfect? Mega Ampharos's or Carlos's?
    Hmmm ... after hearing such relational opinions, I think I'll just let my original work do that role instead of pokemon. I'm sorry about your loss. I mean, better be safe than sorry when dealing with the masses. The Ninoy Aquino assassination ... is surprisingly, I guess known worldwide. At first, I thought that the Aquino Assassination history is only known nationwide and a few dedicated people on history in politics. Well, I thank for proving me wrong (Only few people that I've met so far thank others for their mistakes).

Whoa, I nearly got myself bitten by your bullet. Thanks for the reaction in advace
    Hmmm. Lately, as I simplify my work and show it directly to the reader (I've been reading it aloud to myself to grasp the voice I've been needing), it's becoming less and less flowery like a Shakespearean work.

And personally, really. I thank you really much for telling me that I'm actually showing my story instead of telling it. Analyzing my 3 previous editing posts, my 3rd to the last edit has telling issues everywhere. 2nd to the last edit is showing more of the showing aspect of my writing with a bit of telling issues untampered. Then my last edit has over-flowery prose issues. I still see the punctuation issues you told me I get that part of my fault. But I'll try my best.

Simplicity is something I'm slowly retrieving back. Hopefully, I avoid losing track to the point I just start telling it all over again.
    Now that you gave me a better classification and understanding about the Show, Don't Tell, my writing is getting more in tone with the way I naturally speak. I think it could be a way you told me that my "Coonstant Telling" is marginally better in the understandable category compared to my recent over flowery style.

But does that mean that "a story that tells" is inferior majority of the time in most categories compared to "a story that shows"? Cause if telling the story sucks all of the time, I would be downed big time. Plus, it will take me time to grasp the simple story writing concept in the "Show" form instead of the "Tell" form.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…