• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hmmm...I like the special sweeper set, but what about HP Fire for the final move slot? As good as solar beam is, giga drain heals and still functions without sun. Plus, at +2 anything that I'm going to be attacking with giga drain probably won't stand a chance anyway. As for leech seed, the recovery it offers doesn't seem like a necessity. The only major use I could see it having would be to slowly whittle down special walls that check, but don't counter, Venasaur. Blissey and Chansey come to mind, but they can just heal off any damage that inflicts. Finally petal dance is kinda the same as Solarbeam. I was thinking that HP Fire might work well, as it gets a big boost in sun which makes it pretty much equivalent to a STAB attack and hits the steels that sludge bomb and giga drain have trouble taking down.
    There's some that can beat me, some that can't such as Bug. I haven't beaten him
    Ok, that makes sense. The sun will only stay for a few turns but you can always just switch Ninetales back in to reactivate it. And I'd prefer to make Ninetales more defensive than offensive. It's not much of an offensive presence, even with sun-boosted Flamethrower, and a defensive spread will allow it to stay around longer (hopefully until the opponent's weather inducer has fainted) and the other moves in the set are support moves, so heavy offensive investment seems unnecessary. It can still handle steels in sun (other than Heatran) and can burn pretty much anything that switches in on it.

So what next?
    Ok, then I'd welcome the assistance. Let's say I wanted to make a sun team. I obviously need Ninetales, though I'm not sure what set I'd want to run...that's probably dependent on the rest of my team. I'm going to want to abuse Chlorophyll Venasaur but beyond that I'm kinda stuck
    LOL You getting that from the Hall of Fame post? or me being a Gym Leader?
    Yeah it is, They were what brought me and my girl friend together in the first place. I always wanted to go to the Syracues Stadium. my old religion teacher used to live near there and we'd always talk about it
    I've never been there but my girl friend is fluent in Italian and she's been there. im actually going to her house for dinner tonight so yeah. But i like Syracuse too
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…