• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Knightfall
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Doesn't help that I actually know grammar rather well in my opinion (further justified as Shadow has made a mention of it a few times in reviewing my chapters). Not a savant like Shadow is, but well enough to feel relatively competent in pointing mistakes out.
    Doing good. Crap, I was going to look at your fic, wasn't I? It's been kind of busy for me, what with school starting and picking which classes to hang onto and whatnot. Sorry about that.
    Eh. Up until I read that rule, he had no argument to combat what I knew. Then that rule rolled along and soured any debate I had. Learned something at least.
    Well, that’s something positive on your part, no?

Haha, yes indeed, very, very different. But that’s just what makes things special. Besides, imagine how strange it would be if things weren’t strange? Think about it.
    Strange, isn't it? :3

And as amazing as it is, that’s also just one reason why curiosity is such a deadly thing-regardless of whether you think the cat died nobly or not…well, I think Bartimaeus explains this much better than me.
    “According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.”
    I may look into those, but in all honesty I'm not a movie person in the least. The only screens you'll normally see me near in these current times are those of computers, and the occasional video game console. Anything else, no. But maybe I'll see them.

Oh yes, it's true. This can apply to any language, really, but since English and Kurdish are so different...well, in English, our sentence structure doesn't normally resemble something along these lines:

Jarek ikai, nabe bo min drozenkai=Another time again, will not, to me, lie, do=Don't ever lie to me again.
    Min drozeni nakam=I, lying, not=I'm not lying
    (Don't ask about the examples, first things that came into my mind...XD)

And then there's sayings...in English, we don't normally take people's tongues out to shut them up, do we? Or scream "wet/fresh beans!" when we're wondering what the hell is going on. Or kiss people's eyes in greeting. XD

It's sort of funny; I only really realize this when I try to translate something...otherwise it wouldn't even cross my mind twice. :p

Well, maybe I should ask myself...or should I say, ourselves? XD
    No, but...I really...don't know...I mean, I guess just "me" as a person is not an "me," but a "we," in a metaphorical sense (if I ever post some of my art on DA, you'll know what I mean by this)...but maybe it goes further than that? Who am I-or we-to know? After all, there's so much more questions in this world than there are answers. :3
    Is it? I would have never caught it, because I honestly know pretty much nothing about Star Wars, only the famous "I am your father," scene, and, according to my cousin, if we were to translate Kurdish word by word into English, we'd pretty much sound like a character in the show called Yoda...that's pretty much all. >///<
    (As for anything translated directly, word by word, in Kurdish...well, it wouldn't turn out well. XD)

I understand what you mean.

Yup, Tale, just Tale. Like in "TaleTeirr" on DA. :3 After all, I'm not more than 1 person, despite what my username suggests! XD
    At least...I don't think I am...O_O
    Click the tickled shark:
    I didn't find that much after you left, so woo-hoo for you there. However, as of now, my review for your chapter is finished.
    Fair enough.

Yeah, it's a reason why I've never gotten past six chapters in any story of mine.

Well, I still don't think we match up well against the SEC. So far, we've played Murray State and Toledo. Not exactly world-beaters. You've got a much better chance of winning the matchup, I'll admit.
    Yeah, maybe. But I thought that they were your second team?

Oh, thanks~ And yeah, it's easy to pump out your first chapter. Much harder to keep the momentum going, you know?

I'm glad they went my way too. I want Mizzou to keep their undefeated streak alive for the entire season, and unfortunately, Florida stands in the way of that. :D
    Yeah. I've heard of a lot of the DII schools; Mizzou's played a fair amount of them. And yeah, Okie State laid a huge, non-fertile egg on that one.

No problem~ I'm hoping that I can get that dreaded second chapter out of the way very soon.

Yeah...well, my Rams won and the St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) got the sweep, so...I'm feeling pretty good about that. Don't worry; your teams are going to have a good week. I can see it coming.
    I guess...but I always liked yours. It sort of reminds me of an old “fail pun” my friend made a long, long time ago…

That’s good, trying and learning things outside your comfort zone, and even if it’s not now, it’s good you plan to. :3

Haha, thanks, but remember, no “s.” XD
    Yeah, but I've at least heard of McNeese State. I didn't even know who Okie State was playing. Think it might've been a Division III school.

Congrats, man~ I have to get started on Stacked Deck now, haha. XD

Yes, that was an absolutely horrible call. Since when is shoving a quarterback out of bounds a penalty? Since when?
    Yeah. Well, look on the bright side: at least you're not Oklahoma State; they lost to a team I've never heard of.

Hey, you finished it, right?

Yeah, and to get a laugh out of me? Even rarer. And true. We'll see. Your Bucs totally got screwed by the refs today; that shove on Smith should've never been a penalty. I'm sorry; in my opinion, you won that game.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…