• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
A

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Lastnight I was doing a test run hunting for Klefki with Magnet Pull. Klefki were appearing all over! Tonight i'll start up a actual hunt! Again, thanks for recommending the idea to me a while ago. I also wish I had a Pokemon with Sweet Scent that would really help my chances as well for hordes. I'll have to get around to finding a Pokemon with Sweet Scent.
    Thanks a lot :)

I actually was considering hunting Giratina earlier in the BQ, and was leaning towards hunting it. Although it's kind of snuck up on me now...I sort of didn't realize that there are only 2 more shinies to find on my BQ :p I think I will go after it though...Of course, I'll feel terrible if I manage to find it before you >.< So best of luck finding it while I work my way towards it!
    Your post=win. I completely agree with you. In fact, I'm thinking of taking a break from Serebii myself..I just get so annoyed at these so called "hunters" that are like "wha 200 eggs/3k RE's where's mah shiny?" Impatient hunters are a pet peeve of mine. Shinies are meant to be rare, and bottom line if you don't have patience don't hunt. Every since the release of X/Y the thread's gone downhill. I used to really enjoy reading about people's Shiny finds and progress. But now the majority of posts are either whining, or arguments about the odds etc. Now every time I check the thread there's 3+ new pages, with maybe 10 or so actually good posts, from people like Heliotrope and City of Delusion. Furthermore, I haven't really seen many congrats to non FS/CF shinies either which is saddening. I really think the thread's going the way of the old shiny clubs as Storm said, with "all the good posts beng buried under the bad ones". So yeah, I think it's time I took a break from Serebii too. I'll still be logging in every day to check my notifications and stuff, but not really posting. Of course, I'll still frequent SA/SHU too ;).
    Hope you aren't gone too long :x (Not sure if temporary is more like a day or two, or more like a month :p)

I obviously understand why these posts are bothering you though. I try hard to read every post (and have) ever since I started coming to this thread, even when I've fallen weeks behind, and it feels like a sort of responsibility to do so as part of this particular community. But now with all these new hunters in 6th gen hunting with much greater odds (and finding shinies far, far more often than they otherwise would have on other gens) and naturally reporting in with their new finds (multiple times a day), it's become a much more daunting task, and the fact that a fair amount of these new posts are people getting upset that it's been a day or two since their last shiny just gets irritating =\

And good luck with Giratina. You've more than earned it at this point! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before it shines.
    hi there
    i was reading your post about the new shiny odds and i totally agree with you, is so annoying having to scroll through all this pointless post from this new so-called "hunters"
    the only thing more ridiculous than the overly-high new shiny odds is how stupid people can be... they are never gonna understand how a real shiny hunter feels because they never were one

i'm not sorry if they don't have the patience and dedication to hunt for shinies, that is what used to make them special

i'm kind of sad to read that you will be taking a break form the forum but totally understand you, i also hope this fad to go over and for the real hunters to come back
    hate this new breed of "hunters"
    Haha, thanks! I still vaguely remember when you started your Giratina hunt, so I hope it sparkles soon (if it hasn't already before I write this, ooo~)
    I've been hunting Sandile since July I think, but I did take a break from shiny hunting for pretty much the whole of September so that slowed me down. I just lost interest and I didn't want to force it. However, I plan to try and do at least 500 RE a day now, so even if its not much it's something! But I'll try for more than that when I can!

Admittedly, Golduck took me 10,000 RE's too, and my Honey Tree hunt on Platinum (which I've took a break from currently) is also near 11,000 now, so I guess it's not a long stretch from those, but having 2 hunts in a row hit 10,000 or over is just wearing me out a little! But I'll do my best to get Sandile done, and then maybe I'll finish that Honey Tree hunt...
    Anyways, thank you for your words of encouragement! Fingers crossed for Sandile and not the other 2! >3<
    I hope Giratina sparkles soon too!
    Hey, I just wanted to say I agree with you on your post in the Shiny Thread. I admit I didn't hunt much in 4th/5th gen, but I know what you mean. I mean, I've hunted for Cobalion, which I got in the end. But it took a long time. Other posts of people who also had long hunts motivated me, and I was happy for people who got one back then.

But now it just gets demotivating if there are 2, or more, new pages in the Shiny Thread with people bragging/telling they got 2 (or more shinies) again. At the moment I am trying to MM Froakie, and I don't keep track of how much eggs I've hatched exactly, I've been hatching for about 4 or 5 days and normally I wouldn't mind but with the recent overload of shinies it just gets demotivating. XD And it gets even worse when people start complaining about hunts that take longer then 1 or 2 days. :S

Anyways I just wanted to let you know I agree with you and wish you the best of luck on your Giratina hunt. :) (I personally think it's an awesome shiny. It's one of my goals for the future. :) )
    Hey, thanks! Not that I hate it, just that we all have some Pokémon we like less than others. :p The purple is making it so much better in my opinion.

Of course you can get my Friend Code! Let's say Poison type isn't that much popular... I was happy to notice I got some not-so-bad Pokémon in my Safari, though. I think it's the only thing that saves it. :D
    Here it is: 0946 - 3595 - 9036.
    Enjoy! I'll add you right away!
    Heya! Congratulations! Clauncher looks so good. I'm glad it appeared quickly for you, and I definitely respect your decision to hatch for it rather than use chain fishing. I just wanted you to do it at first because I was trying to see if it really did work for everyone. Hopefully I didn't come across as pushy.

Also, about Zygarde ... I know I freaked out about my supposed Oshawott incident, so I just didn't want you to do the same and I hope I sounded at least a little comforting. I'm sure you didn't. Zygarde seems like a weirdo. I'm thinking the shiny will be yellow ... if it can shine. I hope it actually can shine, I'd like to see you get it first.

Also, CURSE YOU, GIRATINA!!!!
    Omg just read your post. I hope that you didn't SR over a Shiny Zygrade.. and I wish you all the best of luck again, and I admire you hunting for something that could be locked, I would never be brave enough to do that XD.
    I wish you luck on your Zygarde hunt, and I really hope you didn't accidentally SR over it. Just gotta keep your head up Aqua. Best of luck! :D
    Yeah, the difference with me was, it wasn't a shiny I really wanted. It was just me wanting to be the first person to have it, with the idea of having that shiny coming second. But I'm okay with not hunting it since I got a great nature and IV's. You have that and Giratina that need to end already, so good luck!
    Hmm, I'm not sure. It looks more legit than that 'shiny Xerneas' did. But why haven't they taken any more pictures of it yet? Surely they'd want to if it is legit.
    That's the plan I had until I decided I didn't really want to hunt it. I've completed what I can of the National Dex, so I'll be making a team, then moving back to my Torchic MM. If standard odds really have changed, I could expect something soon.

Well, since you don't know for sure, I'd hope that it wasn't a shiny. At the same time, if it was, that would prove that it's not locked. It's tough to suggest how you should feel when both sides have pros and cons. :L
    Quick question about Zygarde. Assuming that that encounter wasn't actually a shiny, how long to you plan to SR for Zygarde? Are you going to assume that it not be locked and just keep going, or do you have any plan to eventually stop if nothing shines?

Though I know how you feel about having possibly SR'ed over a shiny there. I got that feeling with Rayquaza a lot, though I'm sure I never actually did. Good luck with that hunt, though! Hopefully it can be shiny!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…