• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks so much for the kind words :D Yeah, my BQ definitely took a funny turn after that week in April. As for not hunting in double grass, a big part of it is just a little OCD with counting REs. I can easily keep track with the Trainer Card, but then I'd have to count any time I get a double encounter and I'm too lazy for that and feel like I'd miscount a lot. And I just prefer doing one RE at a time :x

Thanks again, and good luck with your hunts when you get back into them!
    Hey, will you be free sometime today to meet up and unlock the last safari pokemon?
    I'm in EST, and will be here for a bit this morning and then again probably late afternoon / evening
    that should work. when i'm home I just leave my game on and connected in hopes of catching people who havent fully unlocked yet :p
    Have you defeated the E4? We should arrange a time to be online so we can access each others final safari pokemon =)
    I'm about to check and see. I thought people might actually dismiss or ignore it! So, I'm glad people gave it a shot.

I feel conflicted about the shiny odds. I'm definitely not as extreme about it as the youtuber clan are, and they have every right to have their own opinions on the matter, but I feel as if people worry too much about "First on Youtube" or competing with others for shinies when you should really just be competing against yourself by testing your patience. I love my Poliwhirl, even though I've gotten it through a certain method. It's so cute in PokemonAmie and I can't wait to train him up, and I don't think any less of him or disappointed or annoyed that someone else might have fished up several by now.

However, sometimes you do want a challenge, too. But I guess Chespin is being that challenge for me. I have had challenging "battles" trying to find certain shinies in the past, and I know I can persevere and claim them as my own, so I don't mind the challenge sometimes, but I do realise that life is short, too, and sometimes it feels like there's too many hours wasted on hunting for a shiny.

Now, no one's forcing me, but I can't help but be addicted to shinies, too. So, I can't just really stop or give up.
    Heya, Dan! Thanks for the congrats!

I think it's time to congratulate you, too! ;) I'd answer your question, but you seem to have got it!

What do you think about it? I think a lot of people wont like this ...
    Yeah, and then you get spoiled by starter hunts like Hoenn (though that has its issues with Poochyena sparkling instead) or HGSS.

Oh, and yeah, my hands are kind of sore. It's probably not a good thing! lol

As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. I could imagine it would be quite rewarding, actually. I felt very happy when I completely filled the Black 2 dex.

Papousse/The Prince of May will tell you I have an issue with the Visitor Messages. I am constantly posting on my own VM board when responding to others! So, this is a repost. lol
    Okay, good, and thanks. Yeah, it can get very monotonous sometimes. I mean, at least with RE hunts, you never really know what will appear let alone shine, so you are always curious to see what your next encounter is. Also, other SR targets don't have nearly as long to wait, (the majority of them, anyway) so it flies along at a steady pace. But oh well. Chin up and all that!

It will be 6 weeks on Monday, I believe.

Thank you so much! There's been a lot of encouragement and well wishes, so it's nice to hear and it keeps me pumped.

I will let you know when (and if) it happens. I've just had some food and now I'm back to it. So, let's see what happens.

How are things going with you, anyway?
    Oh, and I just wanted to say ... I don't want to come across as a complainer or whiner or that I want people to feel sorry for me, so sorry if that's how it sounds, but like you said ... sometimes a hunt is just tedious and long and you need a bit of reassurance or what have you. So, thanks for the well wishes about Oshawott. I'm hoping it shines soon. I have a lot of things I wanted to do before XY arrive and they're getting close all the time!
    I've already read your post, and it was great! It makes me think that I should have done something like that, too. Other people should do that. I think it sort of shows the journey rather well, and puts it all into perspective. Your team really does look good together. All blues and oranges and blacks and browns!

I think what you're doing sounds like a nice change of pace right about now. It would be pretty funny if something randomly shone. Here's hoping! I'm glad that the last few hunts were quite short. You had those two at the beginning, then that Foongus was pretty stubborn, too. But the game seemed pretty generous otherwise.

As for Oshawott, I have no real clue what my SR total is. I find it just really tedious to tally them up but, and I think I've said this quite a lot before, I do wish that I had kept a tally because it would certainly clear things up a bit more. It's been a month and 1 week of hunting. I didn't hunt at all yesterday as I was playing Animal Crossing and felt like I couldn't care less about Oshawott at that point in time. Knowing our luck, as shiny hunters I mean, Oshawott probably would have sparkled yesterday if I put in the hours. But I guess you can't think like that.

And honestly, your story was great. I hope others do something similar. It's nice to see new shiny Pokémon being caught and all, but a lot of people don't put too much effort into their posts and it can be a little dull.
    I can't believe some people are doing Badge Quest like you without crying everytime it reaches 10 000 encounters... That's why I'm following them, because I love to see people proud of their achievements! So congratulations again, you deserved it! Any plans for the future ?
    And thanks on Eevee and Zigzagoon. I liked the PokéRadar until I started Budew. Damn I never got it. But I'll try breeding a female one with Extrasensory!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…