• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
O

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah it's still under construction. I will finish it once I am done with exams. :p Anyway, just the acknowledgement that you read is enough for me.
    No, the active LOs are Mercutio, Concept, Jerichi and DaveTheFishGuy (and Muyotwo sometimes). The others I listed are just people-other-than-the-LOs who I know =P
    Plenty. I know most of the LOs, Sneasel12, Hanatori, Shadowshocker, Mozz, and various others.
    I was in the PASBL for a period of 6 months roughly 5 years ago, then I went inactive. I came back just about a week ago.
    4. To make the black bar at the bottom you could just do that during the border step, but the way I did it was to extend the canvas size (Image -> Resize -> Canvas Size) by 8 pixels so that it made an empty space at the bottom. Then I just added a black bar there using another solid color adjustment layer.
    5. To add the Pokemon pictures I just knick the Sugimori art from Bulbapedia then resize and rotate them into position. After that, I set the layer styles for the two Pokemon to 'Hard Light' so that they're partially see-through. If you don't know what a layer style is, try looking for a dropdown box above your layer list which says 'Normal'. When you click on it you should get a ton of other options, one of which is Hard Light. Sometimes, by virtue of the way the Pokemon's colors interact with the background color, one of the Pokemon will appear a lot fainter than the other so I like to balance this out by duplicating the layer of the lighter Pokemon, halving its transparency.
    6. Save the banner you've created. Now, whenever you need to change it from Round 1 to Round 2, all you do is open up your .psd and change the number from 1 to 2, then resave. If you need a banner for a new battle, just delete the pokemon/background and put new ones in, and change what the text says.

I don't know what your skill level with photoshop is exactly so if the above explanation is too vague I can try giving you something more specific and tutorial-like a bit later.
    Sorry about going quiet. I went to bed because I was exhausted. So I'm a massive noob when it comes to Photoshop as well, but I do know my way around some of its basic tools. My general process is as follows:

1. Make a thin black border. There's a few ways to do this, such as using the shape tool to draw rectangles, but the way I prefer to do it is by highlighting the area that I want to be the banner itself, then inverting the selection (Select -> Inverse) so that you end up with a kind of donut shaped highlight around the edge of your picture. From there, make a solid black adjustment layer. In my version when you make a solid color adjustment layer, it automatically cuts it to fit your selection, so it gives you a quick and nifty black border.
    2. Find a background. For each different battle, I pick a different texture from this kind artist on dA who offers completely unrestricted use of their textures. From there I crop a piece out of the texture that matches the dimensions of the banner and paste it on a new layer behind the border.
    3. Next is the text, something which you should probably play around with yourself. Some tips though; for ease of editing so that you don't have to move around text constantly whenever you edit what it says, you should justify your text to fit where it is in the image. If the text is in the center of the image, justify your text center. If it's on the left, justify it left, and so on. This will allow you to edit it quickly and easily later if you need to do something like change a name or increase the round number written on it.
    I started reading it a few week ago, but I haven't really commented on it yet aha! you ?? :p

EDIT - I forgot how I found it now haha!

EDIT 2 - Okay I found it xD!!
    Pahaha!!! I love how they all blow up xD!! Poor Clemont, when one of his machines work with out blowing up, he is going to be ONE happy inventor xD!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…