• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
O

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• LOL just realized it. xD

NO I DIDN'T. I DIDN'T AT ALL ;_;.

But I'm laaaaaaaaaaazy. ;-;...YOU KNOW MY POLICY ON FIC READING. I don't even have your FF account.
    t-there is? :O

it's the perfect way around :D

You guys are cruel, moving the conversion to fanfiction.net. I wanted to stalk it, you're no fun.
    Rather than focusing on the journey, you should be focusing on the interactions between the two. These interactions should result in a constant character development. Terrence, for example should start as a hero confident of himself, pursuing the girl of his dreams. He's a teen in blind love.

His decision to travel with Gwen being a failure isn't something you'll outright show people. He will fail once. He will fail twice. But the realization that he is doing things wrong should come very slowly on the course of their journey to Nimbasa. Each story leaves with people puzzled about what Terry will do next. How will Gwen react to his next move. He'll be developing (or rather deteriorating) psychologically to a point that his character will break and he will end up confessing to Gwen. The trigger in Nimbasa is just a means to speed up the inevitable.

And yes, Cassie will perhaps be like SAO's second heroine. However, like I said, there's a new direction I'd like to suggest you. The story will definitely take a major turn around from what people could expect if we go by that idea. But if you are not fond of the way it goes, then we shall scrap the idea. But I'd say there's a lot of potential after the ranger thing.
    I wouldn't call it a self-insert thing. This is the only reality I know. Love doesn't exist between two people who don't know completely about each other. If anything does, it's infatuation. Sorry if it seems like self-insert, but I am trying to be a bit on the reality side. And even if it's a self-insert, it will perhaps teach people the lesson I have learned in the past few days. Terrence will grow to know what true love is, that's what the story is about. That part is something I can't or won't pursue.

----------
    Burgh, who heard about Terry's acts in Pinwheel Forest, asks him if he wants to be a Bug Pokemon Trainer.
    ----------
    This is an excellent plot point. A very good idea you have come up with here. Honestly, it'd add a lot to his character development. Also, I'd like to remind that Burgh is an artist, so all his apprentice are more or less good artists. Artists need imagination. Guess who has an incredible imagination?

----------
    He is met by his mother in their house and he goes back into a daily routine. His mother worries about his wellbeing, since he has looked energyless and dejected.
    ----------
    I was actually counting on his mother being the major factor breaking his will to travel with Gwen, but I guess this is good too. Just a bit uncomfortable, but I am really happy with the ideas you have here.

However there's one bit, I want to add here. This fic, as you know isn't completely a trainer's fic, and it is certainly not a good idea to write this in the anime-style (not saying you are) of travelling when it is supposed to be more of a romance/drama theme. Which means, while progressing them along the journey like a regular trainer fic, you should write it in a way that each chapter ends with its own twist rather than journey from point A to point B.
    You know, I was actually working details on Terrence in the midst of my exam. He's slightly responsible and uptight, so a guy like him usually shouldn't do something irrational like running away from home for a girl. These are conflicting traits. His over-imagination part is a trait that helps us though. His over imagination is what drives him more and more love. To be honest, I don't want Terrence's love to be true love at first. After a brief discussion with anokata on this topic, I realized more about love than I thought. So, what Terrence (or me) have won't be love. Of course there are chances infatuation grows into love, but not always. It grows into love in Terrence's case throughout the course of the brief journey but will become more strong after he seperates from her.

Actually, there is another angle in which I'd love to see the story go after Terry joins the rangers. I'd pop this idea into your head later because I don't have that much time.

Oh and I am reading it. I just wanted to message this after reading his character traits.
    Not a good idea. Common Bathrooms

I will take a look at it now. I have some time. I can't help it. anokata hardly comes online. You are always available. :p:p:p
    Err. I only get one room. It's both my bed room, study room etc. etc. Besides half the stuff I read are in my laptop. LOL.

I have an exam tomorrow on automobiles. You know stuff like engines, cooling system, brakes, steering system and every basic **** about automobiles.. But I am very good in that subject. I think I will take it easy today :p
    I was doing all other kind of stuff. Like getting water from the ground floor (I live in my college dorm which is just one room :p), then I washed my face because I wanted to feel fresh. And then I went and had a coffee upstairs. I did all sorts of ridiculous stuff except studying. And everytime I take a break, I logged into Serebii and did nothing LOL.

I will answer it tomorow maybe. I have a break after the 2nd exam tomorrow. And today's exam went bad as expected. Here is a summary I posted in Gina-san's VM:

----------
    So, guess how today's exam went for me? Horrible. It was a 3 hour exam for 50 marks. I spent the first one hour wondering what to do, the next half an hour thinking about a reply to that PM and a bit about my fanfic, and spent the next fifteen minutes sleeping on the desk. Then I got up, looked at the questions I have still yet to answer (around 15 marks left LOL). So, I drew the diagrams they gave in the question paper, labeled them neatly and created two rubbish equations (it was about hydraulics). The guy beside me was looking at my paper, because I am usually the guy who answers everything. Well, I got up 1 hour before the exam, handed the paper to the invigilator guy and walked out. And logged into Serebii.
    ----------
    The exam is still running by the way. I am 45 minutes early.
    Here's the SCs from the website:

----------
    Chinchou (Water/Electric): Chinchou are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Chinchou uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to half a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennas as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
    ----------

----------
    Lanturn (Water/Electric): Lanturn are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Lanturn uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennae as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
    ----------
    So yeah, they can barely move at all on land.

There is currently no electric gym leader. I'm not sure if there has been one historically, though.
    Hey, it's no biggy :p

Everything's good, I'm just waiting for Thursday to come xP what about you ??

I can see so much happening in this next episode!
    Pokemon or Sengoku Basara? I am assuming the latter

Of course, History was always one of the most interesting subject in school.
    I played them I just don't own them. It hard to get a hold of most of them but the games are fun.

Nope, you tell me.

That's every era (for the most part) but then again I am interested in all that stuff.
    I like the anime and adore the OST. Though that just me. The franchise is big so there is lot to like

Date Masamune.

I am also interested in the Sengoku period. Pokemon Conquest is pretty cool too by the way.
    I actually don't own any of the games currently but I used played them and seen the anime.
    The main thing Piplup can do that Chinchou can't is walk on land =P Fish are very restricted by arena choice in ASB. Aside from that the main differences are their typing and some of the moves they can learn. Piplup gets more off-type attacking/utility moves like Grass Knot, Ariel Ace and Rock Tomb, but Chinchou gets some good electric ones Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…