• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Sadib
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ok, yes the wording in the prophesies may be a bit vague, but the verses in context suggest that we will see a significant increase in these things. War. Famine. Disease. Earthquakes. Religions. Negative human traits. Now, back in history, the general idea of humanity is that these things would be getting better as human resources expanded. No one expected that people would still be going hungry when we can go to the moon. People expected that things would get better, not worse. Yet the Bible said it would get worse. And it has. [More info]

Read my post again. I never said that I believed that life came from non-life. I said that God had no beginning. As in, there was always life. Now, maybe you personally do not take the stance that life does not come from non-life, but many anti-theists do. Just take a look at my debate with The Federation. People are firmly believing in "abiogenesis" when there is no evidence to back it. To me, that in itself is suspicious.

[source] This mentions three verses that were written before these things that are well known today were disovered:
    1) The Earth is round (The common view at the time was that the world was flat)
    2) The Earth hangs on nothing (Back then, one of the most common ideas, was that the earth was on the back of a giant turtle)
    3) The Water Cycle (People back then saw the rain, but never knew why the seas never overflew)

I can name more.
    (Part 2)

“In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power.†2 Timothy 3:1-5
    Anyone with eyes can see that these things are increasing at a rapid rate, and will continue to increase.

I can go on.

Now about your second argument, "how did God begin". Well aside from the fact that the Bible says that god did not have a beginning. I would be inclined to use one of the very principles used so frequently to prove evolution. The anthropic principle. Lets start with the basics:
    1) The universe exists
    2) we are alive
    something, must have happened to cause these things, how unlikely it is, matters not if it can be proven.(And that is the big problem with using the anthropic principle to prove evolution. You can use this principle all you want but you need to back it up) Now, the proof that god exists are as I said in the debate:
    1) Prophesy (proving help from an un-earthly source)
    2) Knowledge contained in the Bible is ahead of its time(also proving help form an un-earthly source)
    Both of these facts are evidence that there is god, and the "how" becomes irrelevant, because not knowing the "how" does not change the observable evidence.
    (Part 1)
    Will do. Ok, you presented 2 arguments in your posts "future prophesies" and "how did god begin"
    I'll start with the first one.
    The bible gives us several prophesies of what is going to happen right before God returns Earth back to its Eden-like state. So these will be taking place within the last 100 years or so and on into the near future.
    “When you hear of wars and reports of wars, do not be alarmed; these things must take place, but the end is not yet.” Mark 13:7
    “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom . . . All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.” Matthew 24:7, 8 We had, in the last 100 years, the 2 biggest wars in recorded human history.

“Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.” Matthew 24:11, 12 This verse indicates that many religions will arise and try to obscure the truth about god, and the result will be a hatred of religion. Check.

“There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.” Luke 21:11
    According to this article, there has been an increase in seismic activity in the past 15 years. [source] The diseases just keep coming. [source] We do produce enough food for everyone on earth, and yes still people die because we can't get it to them. [source]
    idk maybe a week ago? And thanks for your opinion but you're not the one who runs the section and I can close stupid threads as they appear so.
    No need to get insulting here. I had assumed that you were being rhetorical.
    I know what you're doing, but I'll bite, here is what I would do:
    I would look around the site and your posts, if you had said that there were lions behind other users and you turned out to be correct, then yes, I would assume that you were most likely correct this time. But as I see no other evidence that you have any way of knowing what is behind me then no I wouldn't believe you.
    IMO, that would be timeline B. Timeline A, Skynet loses to Connor and does not send anything back in time. Maybe Connor really is Sarah Connor's son plus an unknown male, maybe someone she met partying. Timeline C has the 2nd movie, and Timeline D has the 3rd. Hence the changing Skynet activation dates. The alternate timelines have Kyle Reese as the father, unknown effect on the timeline.
    I've always thought that the original John Connor and the new John Connor were different people. Say a man created a false background for whatever reason and made it detailed enough to pass scrutiny. Then the uprising happens and enough data is lost so that Skynet is unable to disprove it. The Terminators go back after who they think is the real John Connor and end up being a threat enough that Sarah names her kid John and teaches him to fight, creating a man who does fight against Skynet as John Connor. Meanwhile, the original John Connor has a different name and is an advisor to the new John leading to the same or similar decisions that lead to the defeat of Skynet. A self fulfilling prophecy.
    Okay, Mario, try to follow:

Let's say, hypothetically, the first Terminator succeeded in his mission. Guy's dead. Revolution doesn't happen.

Problem! No longer a reason for the Terminator's mission. Mission doesn't happen. Guy survives. But then...

Paradox. Clearly, the Terminator had no idea that his mission made no sense, because he was creating a paradox that would not only undo Connover's existence, but his own, ad infinitum, throwing the whole space-time continuum into chaos.

That is why time travel is such a dangerous concept. It just... Doesn't work.
    That's alright. I've already gotten infracted today, so that didn't upset me all to much. I don't even know how to give reputation :/
    ----------
    I live my thread alone of five seconds to get a cup of coffee, and you peoples turn this into a birth control debate.
    ----------
    If it makes you feel any better, I got infracted for it. lol
    I did, this is exactly what I said earlier in my second reply to you;

----------
    Okay so instead of asking me you could take 5 seconds to look in the newbie lounge rules and find an answer. You have been here long enough to know how to navigate the forums.
    ----------
    And guess what, the answer you were looking for was exactly where I said it would be :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…