• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Celestial Moth

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• If you want to~ but taxonomies my special interest <3
    Ohhh ok! Well the whole order is actually parasites of other insects! similar to the bagworm, the female never reaches full maturity, instead, it lives like a sac inside the body of it's host. (usually some sort of Hymenopteran, but sometimes Hemiptera or Orthoptera as well.) When mating season comes, the males pupate into the insect you see below (in the last post) \/ while the females poke out of their hosts to be fertilized by a male. (see pic) When the female is ready to lay, it deposits them on a flower and dies. The eggs then hatch into tiny, motile larvae called "triunglins" that wait on the flower for another host to come :3

Mhm O_O That's really cool! :O Yeah I think most cicadas actually have a fairly normal seasonal life cycle, with just certain odd species being bound to the 10-20 year cycles. Btw, have you heard of the "Green Grocer?" :O though that's probably only east australia.

So, how does a Scarab beetle pollinate anyway? o-o I would love to see some weevil pictures.

Indeed.... Indeed.. we also have many invasive ant species here.... though I never thought they were having a big effect. Why do you say so? :O

btw you never told me your favorite bug pokemon :3

and cya, it's 2:30 in the morning here, need sleep ;P
    Hihi but if you ask me, there's not enough :D I'm... already pretty much familiar with them all.. T_T (which sucks cause I liked learning the orders. I can list them by memory ;3) trying to find some new extinct ones now!! :D Haha I'll post my favorite order just 'cuz

Want to hear their life history? :333

Oh yeah It's really interesting! I'd love to see one in person some day. Yeah, there are a few moths that have flightless or neotonized females, but this one is flightless in both genders! :D It has wings tho, and hops around just like a grasshopper :D Cool, I'm googling case moths now~ (btw do you know that's the only picture I can find of the Oso Flaco Dune Flightless Dune moth on the internet? T_T Oh and do you use bugguide?)

AH! OH yes! I know of Case moths, they are also called bagworms, right? :O They're what inspiried Burmy and Pineco! I was just reading about them the other day :D But you know, I've never seen one in person. :/

Yup that's true :D insects plants, walruses, it all works together~
    But I love insects cuz they're freakin awesoume O^O

Ohhh yes. You in West Australia huh? :D You live in Perth area? (I'm from California ^_^) Australia is no slouch in insect fauna :O It's got that one species of Earwigfly and some interesting Cicadas... but I don't know much about your insects really! I'd be happy if you told me stuff :)

Oohh Death's head is interesting :D I was just reading about them! I love all sphinx moths actually :D Ahhh yes, Opodiphera eucalypti is a beautiful moth~ :D I'm glad I got to see it cuz of you.

Awesoume! :D I know practically zero about beetles! Tell me about these Scarabs :D
    (sorry, getting to some other people before I reply to you, cuz I have ALOT to say XD yeah Idk, don't see pictures :/ will definitely google cause I have no idea what they are)
    It's ok~ X3
    Yay!! I'm so happy T_T I don't really know many others of our kind.

Yessssssss :D You're the first one who ever knew what my name meant! :D Saturniidae, or silk moths <3 And I bet you also got that Dustox is based off of a Saturniidae ;P
    Oh crap O_O I'm sooo out of touch with Lepidoptera T_T It's such a freaking enormous order, like Coeloptera and Hymenoptera, It's intimidating. ._. I'm a small- order's girl.
    But I'm gonna say.. (using images cuz it's more fun :3)
    The Verdent Sphinx

The Oso-Flaco Flightless moth
    [IMG]
    And Plume Moths
    [IMG]
    uhm hello ._.
    even tho you never answered my other visitor messages.. I thought I'd try one more time to talk to you ._.
    I'm.... a girl T_T

Hi!!!!! I love YOUR name thooo :D You fellow bug freak? (btw do you actually know what my name means? :D)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…