• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Interesting, wikipidea saves the day again. And yes I definitely love the Pixar movies, the only one I haven't seen so far was Brave, i need to get around to seeing that one of these days. I wonder how they're going to handle the Finding Nemo Sequel coming up though, seeing as its been so long since the first one. But then again I did like MU, despite what a lot of people said. (There were 1 or 2 errors that bugged me, but I still liked it) I haven't seen Howl's yet so I cant say, I heard it was decent, but when I read the synopsis I wasn't exactly left with the intense desire to watch it. Yeah, according to wiki, its called When Marnie Was There, wonder how that'll turn out. Oh yeah, I've wanted rhythm games for almost every franchise XD I personally loved the soundtrack from Grave, and I'm actually attempting to learn one of the songs on the piano atm. But other than Grave, I'm not really familiar with Ghibli music.
    I didn't know that he did, but if he did once, then I guess we may not be seeing the last of him after all. Yeah, I don't really know where the company could go to be honest, its kind of like P.I.X.A.R., they come out with a movie now and then, and occasion dabble in other areas, other than them coming out with more movies, not sure what else they could do, other than possibly push something like Video games, but that seems unlikely.
    Ah, I will then, maybe it'll float around on Netflix, but other than that, I don't think i'll spend any money on it.
    Gottcha, I personally am a big fan of JRPGs so that one was extremely tempting. Wonder what other games Ghibli may come up with in the future.
    Neither do I. I couldn't hear it very well the first time I fought Viola, since I was in a busy area, but I do like the focus on tension rather than energy in the gym theme. It's an interesting change of pace for gym battle themes, which never fail to impress me anyway.

I've recently finished watching a playthrough of XIII-2, and the music is interesting. I really like the direction they took with the music, though Limit Break gives me mixed feelings. I love the actual track, but I'm not a fan of the vocals here. More notably, the "screaming" part of the vocals, but that's nothing too serious. IV, VI and IX all have great battle themes, so I can't argue with that, though. I also agree on XIII's theme. It's a fantastic composition, but you can only listen to a song like that so much. I always liked Hope more than I liked Lightning.
    Ah, gottcha. I'm not surprised, a lot of films have that, and unfortunately, once I hear things like that, I can't stop thinking about it when I watch it. I think the main reason I would watch it is because it's Hayao Miyazaki, last film with Ghibli. It'll be interesting to see what the company is like after he's gone.
    Yeah, I liked the Borrowers movies, and one of the reasons I didn't see Arrietty when it came out is I was afraid it wouldn't do the originals justice. And now, even if I do want to see it, I'll have to drop some money to order it online...which I just don't feel like doing at this point in time XD
    Yeah, I was going to try and pick up Ni-no-Kuni, but i never actually got a PS3, and now with the PS4 out, it seems less and less likely that I'll be playing it anytime soon.
    Really? From what I read on IMDb, it sounded like it had great reviews, guess i'll just have to judge it for myself XD
    I guess I'll have to check those out then, I've liked everything I've seen from Ghibli so far.

I did kinnda want to see The Secret World of Arrietty, mainly just to see how it compared to the other Borrowers movies. Just out of curiosity, have you played any of the games made by Ghibli?
    Yeah, there really are a lot of other battle themes that are more exciting in the game alone. I'm just one of those weird people that actually likes some of these slower paced themes, like the X/Y gym battle. My favorite theme from X happens to be the regular battle theme, though. Despite only ever having played III myself, the FF series really does has some fantastic music.
    Not recently, but because of my recent anime kick, I think I'm going to try looking them up. I saw My Neighbor Totoro a long time ago, and I remember liking it and I do plan on seeing The Wind Rises when the dub comes out.
    Yeah, I personally thought that the opening scene should have been at the end, just because you know throughout the whole movie how it must end, but in a way, knowing whats going to happen, dampens the shock/sadness quite a bit. Yeah, and because most of the anime shows/movies I have watched up until that point were usually in the Sci-fi or Fantasy genre, the very fact that an anime could portray a story like that was impressionable in and of itself. And I definitely agree with you, the emotion that this movie leaves you with is very powerful. When I watched it for the first time, I literally just stared at the wall for a few minutes before I was able to do anything.
    History definitely isn't my favorite subject either, but yeah, that seems to be the case, just a whole lot of crap happening to everyone involved.
    Well, lets see here. The first time, I didn't get a lot of the significance of the beginning so I watched it a second time. And then the third time...I really don't know, the movie was just amazing, and even though it's extremely sad, it really a great movie. Plus there's the fact that I'm an american, and I always when I thought of WWII the Japanese were "The bad guys" I mean, they bombed Pearl Harbor right? But honestly what we did to them was just as bad. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Idk, I'm rambling, sorry. XD
    I was mostly disappointed at the exclusion of Snape's Worst Memory and the fantastic scene afterward, in which Harry checks in with Remus and Sirius for confirmation that his father was like that at one point. Also, the Lost Prophecy might be my favorite chapter in the entire series, and it was condensed to like three lines.

I DO, however, agree that Imelda Staunton was the most fantastic embodiment of Umbridge possible. Practically perfect in every way.
    I have never agreed more with a statement. OoTP, while I know it's a mixed bag for a lot of fans, expands on the Wizarding World so much - the journey to the MoM and St Mungo's is just fantastic. Sirius, Lupin, and Dumbledore are my top favorite characters, and all of them are given shining moments in the book. It's also of course SWM, as well as containing the most fantastic villain, Umbridge.
    To me, it was never about the final destination, it was the journey getting there. So much about DH is fantastic...I may have to put 'King's Cross' and 'The Wedding' up for bid as well.
    Actually that's how it is here too, with secondary education; it's modeled on the British system. The necessity of school uniforms! And the terrible uniforms they actually produce. Are you pretty much on your own, w.r.t. pursuing what you want for university? Do you get counselors?
    Ah, okay. Well that's really lucky for you! I'm getting it at a local game store, so 9am tomorrow for me! :p

It seems like some people got it really early somehow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…