• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
B

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Heh. XD Well, it is long, but I know you've been looking forward to this for a while. So, I want to make sure it's done right.
    Thanks!

Also, half of your review is finished! :D Should be able to finish the Chapter 15 portion tomorrow.
    Actually, no. I haven't taken any classes, unfortunately. I had the chance, but I found them getting pushed aside by other classes. :/
    Thanks! I still have the notebook where my first words were written. :D Seriously, I'm still new to writing. XD Barely 3 years into it.
    Reading fan-fics on here, actually! Well... That and a few other factors. I had reached a time in my life when I wanted to express all the ideas I had in my head. Reading the stories on here was just the trigger. From there I found out that I could write down my ideas and publish them. So, that's what got me into it. I mean, I had no prior experience writing. I actually hated it. But from that point on, I knew that I wanted to write down my story.
    Ha! That's awesome! xD Nothing like going back and seeing how far we've come. Granted I can only look back to 2011 when I began writing, but still...
    Well, that is true. xD But, I generally like to make sure that what I put forward is my best, and, mainly to avoid embarrassing misspellings. XD (I once spelled "Riolu" wrong on all accounts way back in Chapter Two. xD)
    Both, actually. My first beta reader was someone I never met before on a different forum, but over the past two years, we've become friends. Same with most of my other readers. So, it doesn't have to be close friends. It can be a person on a forum. Whoever is willing to do it.

And, while having close friends look it over is good and is beta reading, you need to make sure they won't suffer from any bias just because they are your friends. So, as long as they have a critical eye, then it should go fine. Getting constructive criticism and fixing mistakes are the primary goals.
    Beta readers are usually a person or persons who read the chapter/or any work really before you publish it. They help make up for author's bias, which keeps the author from finding all the errors in their work. I am lucky enough to have more than one and have gotten a lot of valuable writing advice from them.
    Really? xD Well, at least you're caught up now.

Anyways, I'm good. Been thinking about your review today and trying to figure out how to summarize my opinions of the story before moving onto the recent chapter. And, besides that, I'm getting the final beta readers through Chapter 17 of Overthrown. :D So yeah, busy, but good.
    I did! Today, in fact. I am now officially caught up.

Hopefully, putting together my thoughts into a review won't take as long as the reading. xD (I swear, it won't.)
    I like the second option better as well, so I'll go with it.

And you are quite welcome. I'm sorry it took me this long to finish. XD
    Hey, Bulba! Just wanted to let you know that I'm on the latest chapter and should hopefully finish reading it today!

Now, the question remains, did you want me to do a cumulative review, or mainly focus on the latest chapter and just summarize my thoughts on the previous content? I'd rather do the second, as I feel I can go more in depth on material I read recently. But I'll let you decide.
    Bulba, I have a problem. It seems that your chapters are sooo long, that I can't read the latest one fully (I have yet ro read the whole thing but I thought I'd see if the later part was the exciting part). So I can't give my thoughts on it. Is it posted on another site? Like FanFiction.net? So I can read the WHOLE thing?
    Snape's Worst Memory itself was included, albeit in a very brief and unclear scene which, iirc, was skated over pretty quickly. I don't think it served much purpose at all, just that Harry wasn't the only one with regrettable (although in the film Snape inexplicably never uses the pensieve, so that was his own fault, if anything).
    It was a sad inevitability that with it being the longest book in the series, it would have the most content cut in the film adaptation. No Woes of Mrs. Weasley, no Quidditch, no St. Mungo's, no Rita Skeeter, etc. Of course they had to cut it down to something which was marketable and of a suitable length, but for someone who grew up obsessively reading the novel over and over, the end result just doesn't feel quite... there, I suppose.
    Hmm... in contrast to OotP being my favourite book in the series, the film version is my least favourite in that respective line. I was actually never that much of a fan of the films anyway, but OotP for me was the low point. Very disappointing overall, bar Staunton's bang-on portrayal of Umbridge. How about you?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…