• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
O
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Saying anything more would be unneeded, Misty left way too early in this anime leaving much more to be desired. You speak truth.

She is missed and loved by many admiring huge mark and presen ce she left on pokemon abnime and no other girl received so much support and demand for return like our redheaded tomboy does among western audience(referring to America, Europe but Australia too, though where it matters the most Japan thats not the case sadly).
    And you'll join! It should become a party for all the Pokeshippers across the world! That'll be fun.
    Yep more hosos would be excellent, we could even perhaps see Misty learning more how to stand up for herself when sisters are in question of not running from responsibillties and allowing that she travels and leave gym at times instead of doing every single chore by herself(its interesting but while she can be very abrasive and assertive toward majority of people in case of older siblings she has trouble in expressing how she feels). Like showing travels on her own in focusing more on water master career, meet water experts learning from them, entering Whirl Cup again meeting Dawn there(its not impossible since Dawn after BW told she is heading toward Johto haha),

Though i would like that she appears for 8 to 10 episodes in main series. To meet Ash and recall on all good, bad times they had together catching things up and reviving that fiery dynamic of theirs, meet Bonnie, Clemont and Serena being interesting how would someone more tomboyish and spunky like Misty get along with shy and reclusive girl like Serena.
    Meet E4 Siebald, participate in Battle Chateau or water based event improving skills and making steps forward in becoming recognized and strongest water trainer in world. There is also Gyarados being amazing to see her learn how to mega evolve it learning to understand its nature and feelings on much closer level than ever before(which is expected from future master).
    Well to be fair Misty often took charge of resolving issues and plots on her own during travels too. It always felt to me like she was voice of reason, someone who took initiative and knew what to do in many situations. If it wasn't for her Ash would have get killed on several occasions and there were several times she was able to survive and achieve something on her own(like curing sick Ash and Tracey or szopping giant Tentacruel which wrecked town. She was tough and strong female which liked to be selfsufficient and independent not looking for someone pity and support. Mixed with caring and serene side being willing to do anything for those she cares about.

Cerulean Blues was more focused on her own internal feels and realization how without friends presence and comfort she is capable of solving crisis and take care of problems all by herself. Because while she often took charge in OS she also knew how there is Ash and Brock around on who she can count if their help is needed. Something which she couldn't expect being all on her own in chronicles. If that makes any sense.
    Yep you can say Ash unselfish nature and lot of care and restless spirit in protecting pokemon, developing close bond with them and pursuing his dream of becoming master impressed Misty and left impact on her a lot. In learning to be more compassionate and understanding toward others and pokemon. This can be especially noticed in growing to accepot Psyduck for who he is developing strong liking for it. Or in all those nice bonding moments like that Marill from "Crying Out Loud" for example risking to get killed while saving it. Infact Misty got quite a lot of character growth regarding bonding with water pokemon, getting over complex of feeling less worthy to sisters being able to relate herself to others with similar problems like Sakura, in growing more attached to Ash and Broick over time developing bigger headstrong nature of taking care of things on her own,. Or rejecting others like Rudy from Orange selfquestioning where she stands and who is truly important to her. Maturning and finding nice balance between her feisty, stubborn and more tender, girly side.

Its just her development wasn't happening on regular basis being treated as consistent story. But it was happening in gradual, subtle way without doubt with sometime being showed direct change through certain episodes. Even though it wasnt enough. Still she developed in character sense more than most other Ash companions.

Though nothing tops amount of devotedness and assertive nature like Cerulean Blues did in protecting Gyarados while taking hit after hit almost drowning. Quite emotional moment and i felt sorry for character in enduring all that pain and struggle. Amazing episode indeed.

Extensions are possibillty, although there are holes in that theory as well with some examples fvrom other episodes conflicting with it. As brought up in post i left in that thread. I guess longer hair will remain as one of those unasnswered things and mysteries based around Misty character and anime.
    I saw your post in Misty club thread and i have to say you have excellent taste. Cerulean Blue is one of my favorite episodes centered on her too. Both because of her passion and dedication toward water pokemon she adores working best with them in water element, but also because of unselfish nature and care in risking her life to protect them despite her immense fear of Gyarados. Finding strtength to face it and become more comfortable leading to form of friendship.

It also captured her beauty really well showing how gracious and elegant Misty can be with long hair down suiting her well. Interestingly there circulates many theories of how she had hair long in such occasions. Some say its wig or hair extensions. While some say she grew her hair out keeping it still tied in same ponytail at that times.

In fact here is link to thread where i posted my own thoughts on this if your interested in reading it(:p):
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?612732-Misty-s-hair
    Lol, yes! The day Pokeshipping becomes canon, I'll throw a private party for myself consisting of junk food and drinks ^.^.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…