• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm planning an XY adaptation where Serena and Shauna & Tierno and Trevor develop a romance with each other. I don't intend to make it smutty or stereotypical so much as show them as two couples who care for each other.
    I'm surprised they let Gold pat Green's butt. They could've just edited his hand and have him just leer at Green's body with Silver decking him for perving on her.
    I personally just watch what I want. Mostly because I can't stick to a schedule to save my life.

Also I hope you enjoy my story.
    I don't see why you can't watch the Digimon series separately. They're not exactly forming a big storyline.
    When editing, they can remove the BGM for that scene and edit it to be shorter and fit in with the edited scene. DBZ Kai did it for Nicktoons.
    The theme song for Fusion is weird yet catchy like the one for Adventure/02.

Say, have you checked out my fic yet?
    I do wonder why dub music's a thing period. Couldn't they spend an extra full dollars for the soundtrack they DON'T need to remake? If it's level issue, I can see it might be a problem...
    To be fair, the company that produced Code Lyoko oversaw each dub, English, French, Spanish more.

You can find Episode 1 in full on Youtube.

Plus, even if the BGM's not the greatest (it's not TOO constant and it does at least have some distinguishing themes if you listen), the VAs and dialogue do make up for it IMO.
    Well, I'd say you're best bet is to... see for yourself. Check out episode 1 dubbed on Youtube. The BGM does have breaks when need be though I think its hit or miss. Noam Kaniel does make some good music like the Code Lyoko Theme song but he doesn't bring his A-game here. Still it's not exactly a deal breaker for me and I enjoy the dub enough that it fits well.

By a company, I mean one that in publishing.
    Well, unlike Adventure and 02, the humor is actually well-timed and actually funny (like how character lampshade things) and when need be, they get serious.

The score is sadly not from the JPN version but composed by Noam Kaniel. It's not bad however and can grow on you in time if given the chance.

The voice acting is great, especially when Taiki (Mikey as the dub names him which rhymes) shouts, "DIGI-FUSE" with such power. Helps that the studio had a hand in dubbing Cowboy Bebop among other great dubs. Some Digimon have silly voices but it's likely because of the JPN version having the same sort of thing.

There ARE some edits forced on upon the dub by the networks but it's nothing too bad so far. Unlike a certain company, they seem to work fairly well and look seamless enough.
    If the lightening edit was needed, I'd say Norman's speech bubble with the lightening edit should've been removed since we can see what's happening. He later should've said, "Don't think you've gotten out of this mess, Ruby." The word giving off a stern tone.
    Yeah, Fusion has great VAs and a good script that balances the added humor appropriately. You can go into it as a stand-alone series. Some Digimon names are changed BUT it was Toei of Japan's doing and not the dubbers. Look past it and it's cool.

I think Tamers has a good dub despite certain things but I've yet to fully see it.
    BTW, ever seen Digimon Fusion?

I don't think Viz Edits mess with the characterization so much as may thing weird when they could've figured a better way to handle things.
    To be perfectly fair, we see that Norman does care for Ruby as a father but in his own... Norman-ish way.

I still feel like they could've made Norman THROW Ruby rather than punch.
    Well, I've saw some of Digimon subs but can't find anymore of Adventure 01. I'm currently enjoying the Fusion dub of Xros Wars despite the name changes (which Toei of Japan was responsible for and Saban was using what they were told to use).
    One of the criticisms of White is that after Gigi leaves, she apparent becomes "spineless," particularly when she lets Gigi stay with N (if she wants). I hate this notion that if a female character isn't kicking *** or taking name (to be fair, I wish White was shown battling more) and if she ever cries or whatever, she's a "bad character." It's a stigma that forms a bias against feminine characters. Quite frankly, White letting Gigi stay with N shows how she has grown since that incident. How's she's letting Gigi have the option of deciding for herself to do other things besides Acting. That's very mature of her and I don't think the old her who was caught up with her work would've done the exact same.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…